Sign in to follow this  
silentghoust

Lets get Arma 3 elected for a steam award!

Hey, now that Steam is starting a vote to nominate games for awards. Now is our chance as a Arma 3 community to further support our developer and get them a steam award! We can choose from one of the pre-defined categories, but also make our own! What should we vote for?

I was thinking The "Test of time" Award.

• Like 1

Eh, Arma 3 is far too recent for that. I'd say that either the "Whoa dude" or the "I thought this game was..." awards would be more appropriate.

True, I'm holding my vote tell later tonight so I can get peoples input. The Game within a game award could work to, considering the Altis life, and many other mods out there.

It's definitely "game within a game" for me. You can play as so many things like a pilot of a jet, crew of a tank, citizen on a life mod, bandit on a survival mod etc. thanks to modders and BIS

• Like 2

It's definitely "game within a game" for me. You can play as so many things like a pilot of a jet, crew of a tank, citizen on a life mod, bandit on a survival mod etc. thanks to modders and BIS

That's where I put it too.

I put 'just 5 more minutes' - replace minutes with hours, days or weeks, and you have Arma. :)

• Like 3

It`s gone in my "Whooaaaaa" category.

For every single time arma falls on it`s own arse through it`s many, many 'arma-isms', there are at least another 4 or 5 times it`s just been truly amazing.

We`ve all been there in the middle of a firefight and moved slighty to the left only to glimpse an RPG round flying directly through the space your head was literally a microsecond ago. We`ve all frozen in abject terror amongst the shortest little tufts of grass as an unexpected enemy tank rolls over the brow of the hill next to you, stops, and by some lunatic miracle, totally fails to spot you before eventually rumbling on by. The long walks across endless hills in the dead of night that suddenly explode in a truly wonderful fireworks show as a thousand little laser bolt tracers light up the night. That bloody rabbit that allllllways seems to stand up right in front of your optic as you`re about to pop one in the bad guy`s skull from a mile away....

• Like 2

So I decided to vote a game within a game. I thought quiet a bit what drives me back to Arma in general. I might pick up something else for a few months, or even just stop playing it. But honestly their is simply so much to do in Arma and I can create anything else it might be missing at a vanilla level. Want to run a Air wing command? Go for it! Want to be a insurgent setting ambushes? Done? Want to be a drug dealer, or zombie hunter? Already established.

I think its pretty obvious....I have over 4000 hours of actual ingame time and i still find new bugs now and then. alot better than no man sky!

For me it is "test of time" after all. Game within a game is more for some hidden minigames, whoaa gets another candidate, and test of time seems to fit perfectly to me - it's even better, than when I played it first time, other games appear, pass and vanish, but Arma year after year stays as timeless number one - there's no other game, I ever returned to so often for so long time. BTW, pity, it's impossible to choose same title in more, than one category. 

• Like 2

Honestly I was finding it hard to choose just one. As it is awh 5 more minutes. A game within a game. And although the test of time is one you could argue thr new roadmap dlcs will make this a clear classic.

• Like 3

Glad I saw this post.

I chose EVE for test of time... I mean if you are into that sort of thing haha.

I knew ARMA needed to be nominated somewhere but yeah, game within a game fits.  I am fairly new to the series ( 700hrs IIRC) but I find my self in pig heaven whether I am making a mission in the editor, cursing at Arma tools or actually playing the game. Not to mention all the mods, hell MCC alone can consume a half hour of my time as I mess around with various aspects of a sandbox mission, good times!