Sign in to follow this  
skytheman

Tutorials

Yes, the bis tutorials are nice but i need just a few more... one is i need one on how to make "solid" objects, insted of walking through them. I know it has to do with geometry but thats it... sad.gif

err BIS told us in the begin that they dont have the time to make them

and in the agreement is standing "we dont have to give support"

sad.gif its up to other people then

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (skytheman @ July 04 2002,06:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, the bis tutorials are nice but i need just a few more... one is i need one on how to make "solid" objects, insted of walking through them. I know it has to do with geometry but thats it... sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Skytheman - in the geometry lod copy and paste your model there. Select every part of it and make a new component, and name each one "Component01", "Component02" and ect. ect.

When you done that, select all of your model and set the mass which is at the bottom right of your screen. If the mass is not there, press Ctrl + M.

Hope this helps smile.gif

Thanks Scorpio a ton!

Im having one problem, i can hit the object bullets but i still walk right throuh it sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ July 04 2002,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Skytheman - in the geometry lod copy and paste your model there. <span id='postcolor'>

Or you can right click on the LOD select duplicate, rightclick on the new LOD you just created and set its property to geometry.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ July 04 2002,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Select every part of it and make a new component, and name each one "Component01", "Component02" and ect. ect.

<span id='postcolor'>

Or you can let O2 do it for you (Structure -> Topology -> Find Components)

But of course if you are bored...  biggrin.gif  j/k

I think its important to keep the names of the different parts of the model at least for movable things like turrets so the geometry model turret will turn with the graphical representation... but thats just guessing

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (skytheman @ July 05 2002,01:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Im having one problem, i can hit the object bullets but i still walk right throuh it <span id='postcolor'>

I had this happening too, keeping the Geometry LOD simple solved it, try to make it low detail but with the general shape of your model. Since I dunno what you're working on I have no idea if that will help though... Have you given the model mass in the geometry LOD? Not sure if setting mass to 0 also makes it walk-throu-able.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had this happening too, keeping the Geometry LOD simple solved it, try to make it low detail but with the general shape of your model. Since I dunno what you're working on I have no idea if that will help though... Have you given the model mass in the geometry LOD? Not sure if setting mass to 0 also makes it walk-throu-able.

<span id='postcolor'>

i think it will bounce in ofp if he did not smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ July 05 2002,04:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think it will bounce in ofp if he did not smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You're right  smile.gif

BTW, If you're going for a nice effect make a fairly big model (my was 20 metres or so because I hadn't resized it after importing from 3ds), set weight to 2 and give it the property of a table in the cpp. After shooting the object it floated away like a big baloon, nice and slow...  I think it is still flying biggrin.gif

thanks guys! its working!!! i will have more screenshots at my site: ofp.german-club.com