Well, not surprisingly my little mod of your mission does not work like a "champ". For some odd reason the traders kill me on-sight. It May have something to do with the mission file being screwed up somehow.  

DayZ-ero? Why are mods not original or unique anymore? :/

@RoyBatty

Well, generally things don't work properly after people messed with the mission file. It is definitely not easy to change things without extensive knowledge of how the mission is structured. But it seems weird nevertheless that traders, who are civilians, would kill you on sight.

@Ranwer135

Do I smell sarcasm? If not... again, it is just a mission inspired by a mod. I had to have something that I could base it upon.

Immediately after unpacking the mission, in the editor the "beggar" units for all traders had the "Ravage" icon next to them (I have the Ravage mod installed). I changed all the trader "beggars" to Man(European) "Beggar" and now they don't kill me on-sight but this of course messes up the gear load-outs and probably some other can of worms that I haven't run into yet. It works now with music and the traders will trade with me. 

Anyway, I will stop screwing around. If you are able to add music to future versions of the mission great, I will keep tabs. 

The concepts you added to the mission are innovative and I think in many ways new to Arma 3. You spent time on Chernarus, adding detail to the map and adding points of interest, this creates goals for game play. I still enjoy running around this map after all these years. 

• Like 1

@RoyBatty

Well I don't recommend to use Ravage with this scenario anyway as it may cause scripts to conflict with each other.

I've spent hours trying to add ambient music/sounds so far and there seems to be no proper way to do it unfortunately. But I will continue my efforts to improve the soundscape regardless.

PS: I'm actually planning on further increasing the number of map objects and special locations to make "my" Chernarus more distinctive.

My guy has the shakes, antibiotics and using the medical tent to heal him has no effect. He's well fed and temperature around 37. What does he need to stop, sleep? Better meds? Food and Water? Thank you for this cool mod!

@ferahgo

Medical tents won't do anything anyway. Which kind of antibiotics did you use? Yellow or red? Because the yellow ones are useless if you're shaking as their only purpose is to stop infections obtained from zombie bites. Also note that antibiotics have a delayed effect. Make sure to let me know if it still doesn't work for you after all.

I'm glad you're enjoying the mission and hope I could help you.

• Like 1

Spent a few hours on 1.4, really enjoyed it thus far. Though just a couple of little things. 

I can't seem to get the fuel to work, found a little bird, repaired it ok, but when I try to use the fuel can (petrol), nothing happens, same thing happened again when I tried to refuel a HMMWV, but at least this one had some fuel and I could use it for a bit.

Vehicle spawn is a bit too scarce, I've found one little bird and one hmmwv (at the same airfield mind you) through about 4 and hours of gameplay, where I walked from one end of Cherno to the other, across towns, cities, FOBs, and Airfields, it would be nice to have a little bit more vehicle.

Perhaps include a in-game description of the various conditions and how to treat them, such as what does screen shaking mean etc.

And I had no idea what to do with the Warehouse full of construction material.

And the walkers sometimes disregard walls completely.

Also, just a question, are all the NPC besides the dealers and their guards hostile?

But all in all, pretty fun so far, I particular enjoyed it when a Blackhawk showed up, I followed it, and it just crashed, fought off some baddies and got some nice look, that was  a nice touch. Looking forward to more in the future, and hopefully on other maps as well.

@nes4day

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you like my mission.

I have done extensive testing which included refueling vehicles and it worked all fine, so I have no clue why you're experiencing issues. I doubt you attempted refueling the Little Bird with an empty petrol canister (0L). Of course, I will run more tests now that you've informed me about it.

Regarding vehicle spawns, I have received quite a lot of feedback stating that they're a bit too scarce. If I decide to increase the amount of vehicles it's going to be only to a very minor extent. People tend to look for vehicles at logical places like military bases, but in fact most of them are located in remote areas. I might change that as well.

You may also want to check out the detailed in-game guide. It will hopefully shed light on the mechanisms of this scenario and its features. And yes, all AI except helicopter crews and traders/guards are hostile.

Stay tuned for future updates and versions on other maps.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mercenary11 said:

@nes4day

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you like my mission.

I have done extensive testing which included refueling vehicles and it worked all fine, so I have no clue why you're experiencing issues. I doubt you attempted refueling the Little Bird with an empty petrol canister (0L). Of course, I will run more tests now that you've informed me about it.

Regarding vehicle spawns, I have received quite a lot of feedback stating that they're a bit too scarce. If I decide to increase the amount of vehicles it's going to be only to a very minor extent. People tend to look for vehicles at logical places like military bases, but in fact most of them are located in remote areas. I might change that as well.

You may also want to check out the detailed in-game guide. It will hopefully shed light on the mechanisms of this scenario and its features. And yes, all AI except helicopter crews and traders/guards are hostile.

Stay tuned for future updates and versions on other maps.

Thank you for your reply, I will definitely look more into the refueling situation later after work, and let you know what's going on.

Regarding vehicles, I'm not sure where the current spawn zones for them are, but my suggestions would be, industrial areas, car pars around shops etc, with a small chance of abandoned vehicles along roads. But I will check out the remote areas later as well.

And yea, I only spent a little bit of time getting into the mechanism of the mission, so more reading and discoveries will be needed.

If I can just make one more suggestion, maybe adjust the walker spawn script so they don't spawn in extremely remote areas, I set up camp deep inside a forest, where there was no walkers, and they started spawning (a lot) in a few minutes. It does make the hiding out in the bush thing a moot point.

Thank again

@nes4day

Thanks for your help with finding issues. I will definitely consider moving at least some of the vehicle spawns, but I don't intend to make it too easy to find one as DayZero is supposed to be a survival mission. 

Unfortunately, I have to disappoint you regarding the zombie spawn because it spawns Undead dynamically around the player. For DayZ players, this may be a bit surprising but I had to do it this way for performance reasons. However, I see your point.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mercenary11 said:

@nes4day

Thanks for your help with finding issues. I will definitely consider moving at least some of the vehicle spawns, but I don't intend to make it too easy to find one as DayZero is supposed to be a survival mission. 

Unfortunately, I have to disappoint you regarding the zombie spawn because it spawns Undead dynamically around the player. For DayZ players, this may be a bit surprising but I had to do it this way for performance reasons. However, I see your point.

Just thought I will give you an update, so I restarted the mission, (after I lost most of my gear playing around with the Briefcase, lesson learnt).

I'm happy to report that the fuel is working, still not sure why it wasn't before, but it's all good now. And was playing around with the construction materials, they seem to work pretty well, though it seems walkers sometimes disregard the barriers (just walk right through). A minor thing I did notice was that some weapons could not be sold, I found a mk.18 off a dead guy, and decided to sell it since I had only one mag, but it didn't show up on the sell tab, same story for the PM, but the other weapons seemed ok.

Quick question I 'm curious about, are the vehicles in spawned in fixed position when you start the mission? Cause I found a truck while hiking, died after I got in it, reverted to a much earlier save, and walked back there, and it was still there. Also, do vehicles re-spawn or is just a fixed amount on the map? Also, fair enough about the vehicle spawn, though it just seems a bit, well, makes the towns feels a bit, too barren. But still, fair point.

And thanks for the clarification regarding zombie spawns, I will just have to figure out how to keep them away from my camp, maybe I will build a wall (as soon as I figure out how to keep them from walking through them).

Also, I didn't know fast zombies were a thing, they were a nice (well, not really, more like dreadful) surprise.

• Like 1

@Mercenary11 Thank you for the info, yes I am cured and it was a delayed reaction, as drugs are in the world and nice immersion/realism there. 

I've found a few very damaged vehicles. I have been to many towns, camps and FOBs and have yet to find a repair kit. Should I be looking for something else to start repairing vehicles? Also, is there a beginners guide to building bases? I come from playing Ravage Mod so I have no idea about any of that stuff. Loving my time so far. I found a ghille suit!

17 hours ago, ferahgo said:

@Mercenary11 Thank you for the info, yes I am cured and it was a delayed reaction, as drugs are in the world and nice immersion/realism there. 

I've found a few very damaged vehicles. I have been to many towns, camps and FOBs and have yet to find a repair kit. Should I be looking for something else to start repairing vehicles? Also, is there a beginners guide to building bases? I come from playing Ravage Mod so I have no idea about any of that stuff. Loving my time so far. I found a ghille suit!

Hi there:

Regarding vehicles, most land vehicles can be used in their extremely damaged state, though you can find repair kits in loot boxes or purchase one from survival shop. Regarding building bases, I spent a few hours trying it out, storage depots have large amounts of construction material, you can load them in your vehicle to take it to your desired camp site (each vehicle can load a different amount of materials). Then you can freely place them however you like, I find that zombies can be kept out by building a continous wall, though certain objects, like bar gates, do not stop zombies. You can also fuel up at fuel stations around the map, which I would recommend doing instead of trying to location fuel cans.

Cheers

• Like 1

@nes4day

I'm glad the fuel system eventually turned out to work (would be surprised if it didn't though). The PM can not be sold, which is intended. But I will make sure all other weapons can be sold.

All vehicles are indeed spawned once and never again, meaning that if you happen to destroy one vehicle you'll never have access to it again. As of now, each vehicle is unique. Each time you (re)start the mission they'll spawn at random predefined positions though. There may be some changes to the vehicle spawn system soon.

@ferahgo

Great to hear that you're enjoying the scenario so far. I think nes4day pretty much covered your questions, so I see no reason for answering them again. Just to clear things up regarding the building system: It's extremely simple (no crafting, etc.) and I feel like there's no need for a guide. But please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything about it that you don't quite understand.

• Like 1

@Mercenary11 Yes, agreed, that covers it just fine. I haven't found repair kits or building materials yet, but that's good to know that the mechanism is simple and as I expected. 

Are canteens refillable? I found a pump, I pump it. I doubleclick on the empty canteen in my inventory.

You got a paypal for donations to the cause, or a favorite charity? Thanks!

• Like 1

@ferahgo

Canteens can be refilled at all kinds of wells and water containers. Pumping does not do anything, but double-clicking when near a water source should work.

If you'd like to make a small donation, you're very welcome to click on the "Donate" button on the Steam workshop page of this scenario. The link to Steam workshop can be found above (main post).

Hi Merc11,

Do you have a lite version of this?

The version that not required heavy mods like CUPS & RHS and on standard island like Altis or Tanoa?
It's good if there are, but if not then no problem. :D

Thanks

@palatine

I'm afraid but there is no such thing as a lite version. Please understand that this scenario is built upon the required mods and I never intended to create some sort of vanilla mission because there are already loads of them available.

Hi! i'm having a problem with his mod sadly :(. I really want to play it but every time i try to start it, it says mission is dependent on a deleted file which is rhsusf_weapons_sounds. help plz 

This mod is great. However, there is a disadvantage that when we die, we'll lose all if we don't save game. So we have to save the game many times when playing and spend much space of memory. so i think if we can save game at the tent ( "save" in here means quick save, if we chose save and quit on menu, when we turn back game that save will be delete automatically), it will be more convenient and save more memory. 

I'm a new player with Arma 3 , this mod was very great , I like it.

I have a little problem with it , after 3 days (in the mod ), the game become a little lag, I have 35~60 FPS but apperly it doesn't count on this, each time when I move two steps ,the game will be have a pause,  I change the video setting from "Very High" to "Medium", but the problem doesn't solved, actually there was nothing change.

I‘m use I5-4690k and EVGA-970-FTW to play the Arma 3 , is that any change the problem cause by my computer hardware?

For some reason double clicking on sometimes does not work for me. I cannot refill a water canteen on wells and water pumps. Also, sometimes hunted animals cannot be skinned for meat when double clicking on a knife. Additionally, frying meat at a fireplace doesnt work.