Zq9Y70K.jpg

LAST UPDATE: NOVEMBER 13TH, 2017 / Updated to v1.4.4

You may also want to check out the Chernarus Isles version of DayZero. Click here to view it on Steam Workshop.

Please note that the changelog for this singleplayer mission is currently only available in the workshop.

What is DayZero?

Inspired by ArmA 2 DayZ Epoch, DayZero puts you in the perspective of one of the few Eastern European survivors of the so-called Z-Apocalypse: a catastrophic disease outbreak that has happened about half a decade ago and led to the extinction of billions of people, of which most have resurrected to become Undead and roam the wasteland that was once known as the great nation of Chernarus. Over years, humanity tried to combat the disease by killing all zombies, which has greatly reduced their numbers.

Now, as the situation has become calmer, new challenges have emerged for those who are still alive... 

What to expect? 

Using the Heros Survive Mod and a collection of scripts as its base, this scenario features a unique post-apocalyptic singleplayer survival gameplay experience. There are countless things to do...from exploring abandoned survivor camps to building your own base and fighting off reckless bandits. Do whatever you like, whether it's hunting animals and selling their meat, killing zombies in a desperate attempt to find loot or simply seeking for your favorite weapon. Choose your own story.

It's all possible without the need to worry about getting killed by deathmatching players just a few minutes after spawning or being shot in the head by a sniper who has been laying at the same spot for hours.

Addon Dependencies: 

RHS: USAF
RHS: AFRF
RHS: GREF
Heros Survive 
Ryan Zombies 

CUP Terrains: Core 
CUP Terrains: Maps

IMPORTANT: 

The notes you find ingame (when you open your map and view the briefing section) contain detailed information

on the situation as well as a list of tips. Be aware that you can save and load the game as you wish. 

Other Comments:

Please keep in mind that this mission was exclusively created for singleplayer.

The creation of DayZero from scratch demanded much dedication and

effort. I am willing to improve the scenario with each update. Please

do not forget to give me feedback on this mission and rate it after playing.

Thank you!

Special thanks go to Heros for creating the Mod "Heros Survive", as well as to Jimmakos and Marian for their scripting support. 

Known issues:
- Game saves may become damaged and eventually result in low FPS ir even a game crash if save file size is too large (A3 issue)

DOWNLOAD

ORIGINAL VERSION:

Steam Workshop

Armaholic (currently outdated!)

CHERNARUS ISLES VERSION:

Steam Workshop

• Like 4

I'm not much into Zombie missions, but since it's SP, I'll give it a try.

You may want to add CBA Mod as a requirement for CUP.

Thanks for your hard work.

• Like 2

I'm not much into Zombie missions, but since it's SP, I'll give it a try.

You may want to add CBA Mod as a requirement for CUP.

Thanks for your hard work.

CUP Terrains doesn't need CBA. 

• Like 1

OK, I gave it a try, nice scenario, similar to Dayz  :icon14:

First of all performance is very affected (compared to other similar scenarios, around 10-15 fps minus), I think because it's heavy scripted. And I can't change the view distance from the game menu; I get an error at the beginning of the script, and another one when I give to the dog the order to attack (I will post later these errors). 

OK, I gave it a try, nice scenario, similar to Dayz  :icon14:

First of all performance is very affected (compared to other similar scenarios, around 10-15 fps minus), I think because it's heavy scripted. And I can't change the view distance from the game menu; I get an error at the beginning of the script, and another one when I give to the dog the order to attack (I will post later these errors). 

Thank you, vafana! The scripts may indeed decrease performance, although the mission runs fine on my PC (around 50 FPS outside cities and 20-30 FPS in cities), so I'm quite surprised that your FPS are that low. As far as I know, sudden FPS drops occur mainly when entering areas where a lot of zombies spawn or while driving a vehicle and should only last for a couple of seconds. But I will do my best to eliminate performance issues and errors in the next update  ;).

@Mercenary11

I guess I was not clear enough, I don't have between 10 - 15 fps, I wanted to say that in this scenario I have with 10-15 fps less than in other similar scenarios (usually 45-30, but in your scenario I have around 20 -25) and I can't change the view distance, is blocked in some script?

I can not use the flashlight: "Undefined item Her_Flashlight_01_F"

this is the error from the beginning of the mision 

'..tch command do
{
case "hell":
File missions\...cur_sp.chernarus\JBOY_DOG\JBOY_handlerspeak. line 73
{
if (#) (language =="boomer") then {dummy =
Error:undefined variable in expresion: _language
  • Like 1

@Mercenary11

I guess I was not clear enough, I don't have between 10 - 15 fps, I wanted to say that in this scenario I have with 10-15 fps less than in other similar scenarios (usually 45-30, but in your scenario I have around 20 -25) and I can't change the view distance, is blocked in some script?

I can not use the flashlight: "Undefined item Her_Flashlight_01_F"

this is the error from the beginning of the mision 

'..tch command do
{
case "hell":
File missions\...cur_sp.chernarus\JBOY_DOG\JBOY_handlerspeak. line 73
{
if (#) (language =="boomer") then {dummy =
Error:undefined variable in expresion: _language

Alright, I guess I should have read your post properly, my fault. I will definitely attempt to fix the low FPS problem in the next update, which can be expected at the end of this week. I believe I have set a fixed view distance for the mission at some point, which seems kind of stupid now that you remind me of it. And thanks for posting the error message. I was getting the same error (among others), but as it does not prevent any important scripts from working properly afaik, I ignored it and decided to fix it later on. When launching the mission in SP (in "scenarios", not editor) players should not get an error message anyway, so I thought it's not that much of a deal ^_^.

EDIT: Just realized I forgot to add this. The flashlight can be equipped on sidearm slot and switched on and off by pressing "L". It will also need to have a battery (add it using the "merge" menu). And btw, all error messages will be gone after the next update.

I like what you did with the dog. Very interesting.

How can I get doggie to attack zombies?  I usually wait until the Z if very close, point at it, then scroll to ATTACK.

Doggie is only whining like a little chicken s#%t........lol

• Like 1

I like what you did with the dog. Very interesting.

How can I get doggie to attack zombies?  I usually wait until the Z if very close, point at it, then scroll to ATTACK.

Doggie is only whining like a little chicken s#%t........lol

Yes, that should work, as long as the dog is also close to the zombie. I've also noticed that the dog whines instead of attacking sometimes. I will investigate the problem and hopefully find a solution quickly. Thank you for reporting this issue anyway.

I gave this a try and it's pretty interesting. However the zombies constantly spawning out of the ground kind of dampened my enthusiasm. I attacked and eliminated 5 guys that had set up camp at an airfield. From attacking them and eliminating the zombies, I used up all of the ammo that I had available for my pistol and for the old bolt action rifle that I had taken from another guy. I checked all of the bodies of the uninfected guys that I had killed and all of them had empty weapons from fighting against me and the zombies. There were a couple of damaged vehicles at the airfield that were still operational but with very little fuel. I used up all of the fuel in both vehicles to run over the zombies but as soon as I did they started spawning again. Now I'm out of ammo and fuel and the airfield is overrun with zombies again, making the whole attempt at gaining weapons, ammo and a vehicle, a waste of time. I've found fuel in a few caches but it's too heavy to carry without dropping all of my gear and it's much too far from the airfield to go get it. I can't even gather up gear from the dead guys because there are so many zombies following me around. I would like to give the mission more attention but I'm not sure that I will continue unless there is a way to limit the number of zombies. I'm also not a big fan of the time acceleration because it gets dark too quickly. I've yet to find a tent or sleeping bag to skip time and running around in the dark until daylight comes again is a bit tiresome. I don't want to sound completely negative because the mission has a lot to offer and some fairly cool features but at the moment, I find it more frustrating than entertaining.

Thank you for the extensive feedback, scimitar.

First of all, I want to mention that the mission is actually supposed to be hardcore, which can indeed be frustrating. I attempted to make the zombie spawn as constant as possible, similar to the DayZ mod. I absolutely agree with you that there are a bit too many undead in certain situations and I do also know this may be annoying sometimes. But on the other hand, I received a lot of reviews saying there are not enough zombies and spawns would not be working well. I've also noticed that it used to be very, very easy to loot bandits and get fully geared up, so I made it more difficult. Obviously, it has a lot to do with personal preference whether you like this or not.

What surprises me though is that zombies spawn right in front of you (at least that is what I think you meant). This almost never happened to me during testing and currently, they're mostly set to spawn when a player is 250 meters away from the spawner. But I will try to make some changes to the spawning system without ruining performance, although it's hard to find a good balance. It also seems weird to me that your fuel ran out after driving for just a bit. Usually, the fuel that is left in randomly spawned vehicles lasts for up to half an hour of driving.

I will also be looking into time acceleration settings again and highly appreciate your contribution to improve this mission. Hopefully, you decide to give it another shot (maybe after the next update?).

• Like 1

Mercenary11, thanks for your reply. I have to admit that I do have issues with the zombie spawn frequency and the time acceleration as I already mentioned, but other than that I'm mostly fine with the way the mission plays. I actually do enjoy a mostly hardcore gaming experience. As for the zombies, I have experienced them spawning right in front of me on a couple of occasions. As for the fuel issue, I may need to try the mission out again with fewer mods enabled. I have a default set of mods that I almost always use for SP and I'm fairly certain that the custom install (with several pbo files removed) of ACE 3 that I use, probably caused an issue with the fuel consumption.  I don't see how any of the mods that I had loaded could affect the zombie spawn positions though. I'll try again without ACE loaded and see how the mission plays. In the mean time, I'll be looking forward to the next update.

• Like 1

played a bit. works flawless, no bugs or strange behavior, but I'm rly tired of Cherno so guess I will give a try later on Altis or Tanoa.

heh that would be awesome to see united survival SP project with haleks and others some day, smth big and full of content, with integrated AI mod, variety of zombies etc but I guess its just another impossible dream :)

• Like 1

Thank you Caites. I'm really glad to hear that you're not experiencing any issues. It actually surprises me because there were so many bug reports recently and I started to think the mission is broken. Whether you believe me or not, I'm tired of Cherno too. But I'm planning on releasing more versions on different maps soon. You're actually not the first to suggest I should cooperate with Haleks, so I might contact him as soon as I have the time and motivation to continue my work on this mission. It may be worth it.

i have a problem with 2 issues that lead to more issues , first one is no bin entry for weapons , secound one is with cup,terrain. cup terrein first issue is tallgrass under ca.plants2 when removed leads to others roads2 etc etc didnt have patiance to go all the way for that, and when trying to start even with the issue crash to desktop saying {bad version 73 in p3d file `ca\plants 2\clutter\c grass tall.p3d`} this changes when foul files are removed to road2 and so on so on [arma3 apex@heli@karts@zeus@marksman@nexus@dlc bundle] thats what i have without adding all important mods for dayzero

yes all mods are activated and game recognizes them when in game , oh btw it starts to load map before crashing to desktop with that error/errors. i can provide with logs and whatever just waiting someone to respond first :) maybe thay had same issues

downloaded and manualy put them in install , from armaholic

hold on , maybe i didnt do something right , says to put pbo files in mission . does that mean all files from all mods?

required and dayzero? i only put dayzero in missions

Very very nice mission, just perfect for playing something sandboxy offline!

• Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 1:46 PM, Pexy said:

hold on , maybe i didnt do something right , says to put pbo files in mission . does that mean all files from all mods?

required and dayzero? i only put dayzero in missions

I have received many issue reports similar to the one you posted and it has always turned out to be caused by mods that are not up-to-date or not properly installed. They might also not have been loaded upon game launch. In your particular case, I would suggest reinstalling at least CUP Terrains: Core. The bin entry should not cause further issues, so ignore it for now. If it does prevent mission launch, however, also make sure you have all RHS mods updated.

Don't worry about the Pbo. As long as you see the mission listed in singleplayer scenarios, it's all fine.

I hope my answer is helpful for you.

ok will redo terrains and rest suggested stuff. i just tought that its all up to date cus it doesnt say version on armaholic .-. il try find updated version

ty for answer il post again :) if i dont , all is good

im dling terrains complete version , wep,weh,units latest and updating all rhs, im even dling terrains cwa , it will take long time , loooooong . will post resault

after all this , what improved is no errors :) bin is fixed  YAY but ohohohohohohohooooooo but ta daaaaa  bad version 73 in p3d file `ca\plants 2\clutter\c grass tall.p3d > im here to stay b.b.b.b.b.b biaaaash! thats what tallgrass mod said to me and i guess other errors are there as well if i start removing one by one -.- hiiilp plox

updated everything to latest ! so theres no confusion