Incontinentia

[Release] Incon Scripts A3

Incon Scripts for Arma 3

INC_Scripts_A3 is a collection of scripts for Arma 3 mission makers. They are primarily designed to be used with ALiVE and ACE in SP / Co-op scenarios. 

(Check individual readme files in the respective addon folders for more information).

INC_Intel
Enemy units drop intel when they are killed. Allows units to hack into enemy radio networks and see nearby groups on the map, as well as track cellphone contacts. Also reveals enemy installations.

Requires: CBA

Description: 

• Made for ALiVE
  • Units drop intel when they are killed

Dropped intel will:
  • Find ALiVE asym opcom installations
  • Track phone contacts on map (requires UAV terminal)
  • Track radio contacts on map (requires UAV terminal)
  • Tracking accuracy depends on the weather, overhead cover, range etc.

Incon Persistence

Provides persistence for non-playable AI teammates (in player group) between play sessions when ALiVE data is present using iniDBI2. Saves full unit information for up to 11 AI teammates and loads it when there is corresponding ALiVE persistent player information.

Requires: CBA, ALiVE, iniDBI2

Description: 

Features: persistent AI teammates and cargo between ALiVE sessions using iniDBI2

To have fully persistent AI teammates you need to:

• place all files into your mission root. If you already have a description.ext or initPlayerLocal.sqf, add in the code from Incon-Persistence to your original files. In description.ext, if the class is already defined (for instance, cfgFunctions), just add the #include line to the given class.
  • save and exit the server at the end of each session
  • not be a numpty

Usage

Unzip all files into your mission root folder. If you already have a description.ext or init.sqf, add the lines from these files into your pre-existing ones.

Inside the INCON\INC_undercover and INCON\INC_intel folders, you will find the XXX_setup.sqf files. Edit these to your preference. Also read the readme in the respective folders to find out how to set up the scripts fully for your mission. 

Credits

Massive thanks to Spyderblack723 for his help creating some of the intel functions and correcting some of my mistakes / oversights on the original release. Also for generally being super helpful over the past year as I've got into modding. Also huge thanks to Dixon13 who helped write the original intel spawning script on the ALiVE forums. 

• Like 4

So does this allow you to switch between say blufor and civi during missions? and then back again?

Not able to get the independent enemies to shoot at me right when I pull out a weapon as a civi. When I'm trying as blufor they shoot me even unarmed (in civi clothing). Anyone have an example mission file I could use as reference?

Mantia, can you turn debug mode on in the setup and let me know what it says? The chances are, you're wearing a prohibited item or it's not initialising properly but I can't figure out what's going wrong without the debug info. 

It works without any dramas in every scenario I've set up (I've done quite a few to test) so I know it works, it may just be that I've overlooked something silly in the setup instructions. 

On 05/12/2016 at 1:08 AM, MANTIA said:

So does this allow you to switch between say blufor and civi during missions? and then back again?

It does, yes. In technical terms it tells Arma that you are civilian (or a "captive" in Arma's engine, which basically means civilian which can revert to a side), as long as all the disguise conditions are met. 

15 hours ago, Incontinentia said:

Mantia, can you turn debug mode on in the setup and let me know what it says? The chances are, you're wearing a prohibited item or it's not initialising properly but I can't figure out what's going wrong without the debug info. 

It works without any dramas in every scenario I've set up (I've done quite a few to test) so I know it works, it may just be that I've overlooked something silly in the setup instructions. 

I turned on debug mode, where should it display the messages?

On the screen in the chat area of the player who is the undercover unit about 20 seconds after mission start. If it isn't initialising, you won't see anything. In which case, check you've followed the instructions properly. 

Just a heads up to anyone who wants to use this, the instructions had an error in the last version so the latest version on GitHub has been updated with the correct instructions. Has been tested and works well. Apologies to anyone who had issues before! 

Incon Scripts V0.13

This release adds a few cool features to the undercover mode:

• Optional hints reveal when you are acting suspiciously, making it easier to see the magic at play.
  • Vehicles are now handled - get in a civilian vehicle and you will not be spotted instantly even if you aren't wearing incognito equipment.
  • Driving more than 50m offroad can blow your cover (optional).
  • Vehicle checks work on AI teammates too - if they drive off road like lunatics, they will be given the same treatment as the player.

Download from GitHub

Somewhere on the iniDBi thread there's a 64bit dll - I've been using it for a while and it works pretty well! Also, make sure you have the latest version from the GitHub (I did a quiet update a while back). Should be some useful stuff on there. 

Hey INCON,

I'll try it here and in the ALiVE forums just to make sure I actually reach you.  I'd like to know if it's possible to change your Persistent Teammates script so that playable slots which aren't occupied by a human player and are filled with AI get the same persistence features as the non-playable teammates.  That would be really cool for missions like mine where I want to offer 1 file for SP, MP dedi with 1-2 friends or MP dedi with 10+ friends occupying all the slots.  So if a mission has, say, 12 playable slots and just two players are present, they get handled by ALiVE.  If the remaining 10 playable slots are not occupied by human players, but by AI, I'd like your system to kick in.  Is that possible?

Kind regards,

tourist

Hi buddy. It's a bit complicated to do that unfortunately as respawns and JIP would likely cause all kinds of chaos. The system essentially deletes your group and then creates copies of your persisted group, but if you delete a playable unit (even if it is AI) it will respawn eventually and remain in your group, leading to duplicates. My solution would be to create playable units and give them the option of joining a group once they have spawned in. There may be a way round if you turn off respawns but I don't have the time to look into it unfortunately these days. Anybody is welcome to have a crack though.

Is possible to get the "drop intel" script work without ALIVE??

On 31/10/2017 at 6:01 PM, churrofighter said:

wis1wch.png

No matter what I do, I keep getting and getting these errors :( Any way to fix it?

Sorry I forgot to reply, should be fixed in the latest version!

On 07/03/2018 at 8:06 PM, zagor64bz said:

Is possible to get the "drop intel" script work without ALIVE??

Yes it should work fine I think, although it definitely needs CBA. Some features won't like marking installations obviously, but feel free to play around with it and let me know how it goes. 

• Thanks 1

Hey INCON,

for some reason, in a mission which has INCON Incognito AND INCON Squad Persistence, the  INCON Incognito works just fine, even after respawn or after loading an ALIVE savegame in any of the two environments (dedicated server or SP), but INCON Squad Persist doesn't work.  Did anyone ever report a problem when using both scripts together?

THX in advance for any tips

tourist

I'm a bit confused about this to be honest. I've come across it once or twice when going over some of my old ALiVE missions. My days with Arma are pretty limited at the moment but it has baffled me. Up until I updated everything a coupleof days ago (ALiVE, Arma, ACE, CBA etc) persistence worked nearly completely reliably so I have a feeling the bug is not mine.. although I might be able to find a workaround. Persistence is designed for the civilian recruiting part of undercover so there won't be any incompatibilities on the front but I think perhaps in the latest version of ALiVE there's something that's stopping player data from loading properly. I'll see if I can find a repro. Is this every time for you or just sometimes? 

For me the squad persistence fails everytime in my current mission which is built with the most recent CBA/ALIVE versions. I share your experience that older ALIVE missions where I had squad persistence working show general problems when started with the most recent Version of ALIVE.

ALL of my older missions which I had running just fine on my rented dedi server do now work ONLY in SP. There the ALIVE saving/loading works, but (to be expected since it's not MP) the squad persistence doesn't work.

All of these missions can, alas, no longer be started at all on the dedi. They hang at loading screen. I have yet to try if I can mitigate that by deleting and re-placing all ALIVE modules in one of these missions.

If you come to any leads by testing in a Vanilla A3+ALIVE+CBA environment, let me know. I'll try that as well and hope for the best.

Oh, before I forget: with my current Mission, which works on MP dedi, I have also tried if it helps to set squad persistence database to "inidbi2" instead of "hybrid", but that had no effect.

Hope we can find some solution & best regards

Tourist

• Like 1

I've actually just built a new test mission and cannot replicate the issue... maybe try checking "Persistent Battlefield" and "AutoInit" in TADST (top right, "details" page), and see if that has any effect? 

@INCON: thx for running a test so quickly. Since the rented dedi I use isn't managed with TADST, I'm going to check in the custom web gui my hoster is using and/or in the server config if I find these two settings. You suggest I turn them ON or OFF?

Back again with my 2 cents:

1) In the past I have used INCON  squad persistence on my dedi without issues without even knowing where to look for the two options you mention. 

2) Would you be so kind to post your test mission? If I can get INCON squad persistence to work in your mission on my server, I'll have to look for faults in my mission building.