Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Pistol proxies

im still not going to tell you, but anyway, bis did not update the soldier models at all, there were no new soldier models in resistance, so no new proxies i believe the reason your guns arent appearing is because they are grouped as zbran

the proxies on the odol black op, which has not been changed with resistance are:

proxy:ak_47_v58_proxy.01

proxy:rpg7_proxy.01

proxy:flag_vojak.01

proxy:dalekohled_proxy.01

proxy:nvg_proxy.01

theres nothing else

memory points on the pistols are:

usti hlavne

konec hlavne

(cartridge start and velocity you know what these are but i cant be bothered to type it out)

no zbran, and the only coding definition on the other lods is zasleh

So you saying the proxy.beretta.01 entry in the p3d file is only there for the hell of it and there is nothing associated with the definition? I found it in every "dude" p3d file from resistance I checked (including the black op), and I found it in none of the 1.46 p3d's

hmmmm 'oops' forgot to check there, i just looked in o.pbo and 1.46 data3d, sorry guys but at least you got the right answer in the end smile.gif

you want to show them how to place it KKB?

If I knew how to place it I would be in sitting on the lovely beaches of an Island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, counting the money my knowledge would have earned me biggrin.gif

But unfortunately I don't speak ODOL... wink.gif

If you cant tell us how to place it, show us WHERE to place it.

I.E. Co-ords of the vertices, or even a screenshot of them if you have some sort of new program to "view" OLOD files that everyone other than myself know about.

*Looks at Evis and KKB in anticipation*

*Gets ready to dance*

ok ive added the beretta proxy to an mlod model, jackal is testing it as we speak....is there anyone who could host this once weve made sure it works?

Bad news everyone (In the voice of the Professor in Futurama)

Anyway, the proxy doesn't work in that position EVIS...lets try another...

*Senses that we are getting close to an answer*

thats the exact same posistion on the bis model, i think it has something to do with the cfgnonaivehicles section but tbh i have no idea, if anyone wants to help just shout out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3) we will provide you sample models for all vehicle and weapon classes in MLOD format, therefore you should be able to live without it.

<span id='postcolor'>

Suma said this in another post about the CfgModels and Muzzle Flash problems.

So where are they? MLOD models of pistol carrying soldiers would in my mind solve this problem, or atleast help us take one step closer to solving it ourselves...

wink.gif

ALWtp1.jpg

Experimental AddOn: 'MLOD' soldier (from demo ver.0.36) with 'Beretta' proxy, filesize 230kB, download here.

YAY....

Dances around with cool shades on*

Downloaded and testing now

*crosses fingers*

BOW DOWN BEFORE alonewolf FOR HE IS A GOD!

Thanks Wolf it worked, but, the pistol is not held exactly right, and the rear and front sights do not line up (You can see what I mean by this pic) BELOW.

SJB_WOLF_PISTOL.jpg

Thanks for your help alonewolf and Evis.

I'll start work on getting this perfected.

Yes, I know about that SIGHTS - I didn't spent a lot of time with positioning smile.gif

As I have already mentioned, it's only experiment biggrin.gif

Thanks aLoneWolf!

Once again your efforts are much appreciated.

SelectThis

Thanks Evis, your attempts are very much appreciated also. Also, they were not far wropng from the actual answer which ALoneWolf came up with

ALoneWolf: Please explain about the sights. Thanks

Re: sights.

If you look at the proxy vertices from above, you'll see that there is a right angle corner(the one near the hand), a point on the long end of the triangle and the front one (going away from the soldier body).

To move the sight right and left, switch to a side view of the soldier and move the front point up and down.

To move the sight up and down, switch to front view of the soldier and move the corner at the long end of the triangle up and down.

PS: aLoneWolf, any chance of you doing the same for the NVG proxy?

SelectThis

Okay.. together with the help of Fliper i fixed the pistols proxy problem..

Here is the download of my new KSK soldier fully compatible with NVG and pistols.

And here is a pic of it in Oxygen:

pistolproxy.jpg