Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Pistol proxies

How do I go about adding pistols to new O2 made units. I added one in the Config.cpp and when I came to draw the pistol in mid game, no model appeared and I could not fire.

I realise it is to with the Proxy:Beretta.01 which I have loaded up in O2 but I am unsure of the position. Does it go in the "idle" position as the rilfe does which would be on the leg in the "holster". Or does it go in the guys hand like the binoculars?

I will have a play and attempt to discover this.

If you can help me out anyone, I would very much appreciative. Thanks in advance

Jackal326

Proxies? We don't need no stinking proxies.... tounge.gif

Here is a sample from the .cpp from my Desert Eagle...

CfgWeapons

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgWeapons

{

class Default {};

class MGun: Default {};

class Riffle: MGun {};

class HandGunBase:Riffle{};

class DesertEagle:HandGunBase

{

<span id='postcolor'>

And CfgVehicles

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgVehicles

{

class All{};

class AllVehicles:All{};

class Land:AllVehicles{};

class Man:Land{};

class Soldier:Man{};

class SoldierWB:Soldier{};

class OfficerW:SoldierWB{};

class OfficerWHG:OfficerW{};

class DesertEagleOff:OfficerWHG

{<span id='postcolor'>

And thats all you need biggrin.gif

Cheers mate

1 question still remains, when I asked this question in MIRC you didn't know the answer....you holding out on me?

*SELL-OUT!*

biggrin.gif

Yeah...now the pistol fires, but no model appears. It is just the guy in the position of holding the pistol, only there is no pistol, there! WTF is up with that?

Jackal326: apart from adding that code into you .CPP I guess you need to add a proxy to the soldier too! I still dont have Res. so i cant be sure, but lets say BiS didnt changed the way soldier models are handled! Open up a DEMO soldier model and see, how to add a Proxy to it...

FlipeR

or decode one of the bis models from resistance and look at it in a hex editor and search for the proxies they might give you a clue, or just use the resistance models

You DO NOT need any proxies for pistols. I have already put a pistol into the game, and all it needed was to be defined in the .cpp. Jackals problem is he is just adding the beretta to a custom unit, he is not making a whole new gun. This, he should of clarified earlier mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ July 16 2002,21:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This, he should of clarified earlier mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol calm down. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jackal326 @ July 12 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How do I go about adding pistols to new O2 made units. Jackal326<span id='postcolor'>

Not clear enough for you?

Its the first line of my first damn post ffs!

Now I am making a new gun Silenced USSOCOM

The gun model works fine on default units such as the soldier, but the gun still does not appear on CUSTOM BUILT O2 MODELS (clear enough). This MUS be something to do with the Proxies on the model as the Primary Weapon, Binoulars, Anti-Armour weapon and indeed the flags are "mapped" onto the model in the same way. All I need to know is where to put it so the custom unit can carry a handgun as it is for a S.W.A.T. addons and they often carry handguns.

Any more help from anyone is appreciated.

Pins: Sorry you feel I didn't express myself clearly enough although my first line of my very first post kind of opened things up. tounge.gif

Heya,

Totally guessing here, as I've only had O2 for a week, but I think it's to do with adding a proxy: beretta.01 to the custom model.

If BIS could release a MLOD version of one of the new soldier p3ds we'd be able to see how to set it up.

SelectThis

Yeah.

It would serve as a good example of how to do it. Also the MLOD versions of Spetznatz and other non-demo p3ds would be nice, but I suppose out of the question. Would be really nice though.

I think this is wrong, if you want to add a pistol to a soldier, you need to add proxyes on it. I have made a new unit whit urban-war ewuipement (shield, helmet, and beretta92f) but the beretta 92f isn't shown in-game, there are no model in soldier's hands and it fires from the back of the unit...

Anyone of you knows editor names of magazines and of the wepon, the beretta 92 i mean?

Thats the same problem I have.

The name for the Beretta is "Beretta" and the ammo name is "BerettaMag"

Jackie, you know i got the same pobs with my german special forces and the israeli special forces custom models. I already added a proxy "baretta.01" - and he's now displaying the weapon - however: i still don't know where to exactly place the proxy!! BIS HELP US!!!

PS: Be honest, it shouldn't be a problem to simply upload some MLOD models of those soldier models.. what the hell are you afraid of??? We're doing this modding businiss FOR your game - and it's you not us earning the money from the sold units..

AHHH! I think i see now! You can only add a pistol to a unit whos model is updated in Resistance, cos these have the proxies to use the pistol animations! Now it all becomes clear........ (FOG)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VipHeart @ July 23 2002,03:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We're doing this modding businiss FOR your game -<span id='postcolor'>

You should of emphasized "YOUR" instead of "FOR"......And its spelled "Business" not "Businiss......Sorry, i'm a moron and hate grammar mistakes tounge.gif

*bitch slaps himself*

Once again, sorry biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ July 22 2002,19:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VipHeart @ July 23 2002,03:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We're doing this modding businiss FOR your game -<span id='postcolor'>

You should of emphasized "YOUR" instead of "FOR"......And its spelled "Business" not "Businiss......<span id='postcolor'>

wow_interesting.jpg

Is that you Scorpio?

wink.gif

EDIT: Oh and by the way, before Pins picks up on the error in that pick I will.

Interesting is spelt incorrectly...

Beat ya to it Pinny wow.gif

ok so i saw this thread and i looked at all the soldier models and pistols (dont ask how as i wont tell you tounge.gif) and the only difference to the main guns is the guns are not grouped as 'zbran' only the zasleh is there on the pistols and i couldnt find anything new on the soldier models, no proxies or anything, the other stuff is there like the casings start and velocity and usti hlavne and konec hlavne, but no zbran

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ July 23 2002,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok so i saw this thread and i looked at all the soldier models and pistols (dont ask how as i wont tell you tounge.gif)<span id='postcolor'>

OK.....How?

I would really like to know how you did it?

Was it a hex-edit? or something.

I realise the pitols are not much different to OFP Rifles, but it is the addition to new O2 MADE UNITS that is the prob (Sorry I keep emphasising this, but Pins moans if people dont specify there problmes biggrin.gif)

Thanks to anyone that helps, also Viper had a valid point about if BIS posted MLOD Format Pistol Carrying Units (Proxies and all) it would be a great help to mod makers and the community as a whole.