J. Adams

AM Studios - Conversion Mod

TBH here mate looks like you have got some equipment from other mods/already in game that you are just changed some things on it also as what some one els has said why don't you focus on things that's people don't want to make that the British army uses becuase I bet that most of the units won't change form 3CB's gear as it's aleedy been intergrated into most of em and it's not a huge mod pack to install.

Yea we are focusing on things that haven't been made; showcased already are things that would be needed for any British army mod (namely all the current gen equipment). 

This mod is purely here to give people some variety from the normal set of mods. 

The things I have see so far a uniforms we have them and l85a2 we have them if you want to do something I duno make patches of the diffrent regiments or something

Yes, what has been displayed is generic stuff. I wouldn't release a "total conversion" (hence the title) without covering as many aspects as possible. I believe that having the standard equipment used by the brits is essential for all other aspects

• Like 1

Yea it's all just playing around seeing what works right now. There's a few different bits on the table top right now that's being worked on and the plate carriers are being a bit neglected haha

• Like 1

hPyUzez.png

A bit more progress but we are still a fair bit off being satisfied with the overall look :).

Before anyone mentions it - Yes the molle detail does need to be added 

• Like 1

Q2z1p9j.jpg?1

JMLXvHv.jpg?1

Apologies for terrible quality of images. Images are meant to show off the early WIP of the new uniform textures :)

• Like 2

Looking good-Pattern size on the vest seems perfect now. Might be a little large on the uniform though?

Yea that was my original thinking on the uniform. It was purely to see how it looked in game.

From this I was able to tell that as well as being a bit bright (could just be my personal settings xD) and the pattern did look a little rough up close so we'll need to tile it a little bit.

• Like 2

So we took a little break over the holidays but here's some progress for you all:

uAJLGd9.png

9bv2mcb.png

wotVGKK.jpg

Enjoy!

• Like 3

Definitely not "progress" of your own. Make sure to get permission from the original authors and give credit were appropriate, considering that SA80 is some of Tiggs work.

• Like 5

Just now, souldrinker said:

Definitely not "progress" of your own. Make sure to get permission from the original authors and give credit were appropriate, considering that SA80 is some of Tiggs' work.

We have permission. The others have also stated that we are free to use these as long as we use them non commercially.

• Like 1

as long as we use them non commercially.

And this mod is 100% non profit 

7 hours ago, J. Adams said:

So we took a little break over the holidays but here's some progress for you all:

Enjoy!

i see no progress to be honest...when you say "here's some progress" i expect you actually post stuff you did yourself...which in this case it is false.

modders deserve the credit, so next time make sure you actually specify it isn't your own work. 

http://gamebanana.com/wips/44304

http://gamebanana.com/models/2949

• Like 9

I agree, modders do need their credit. Any work we use that is not our own is entirely credited to the authors upon final release (and whenever I update the first post). I did not add links to their work as I did not have said links myself.

As for the whole "progress" thing, I meant this in a way that meant we are closer to achieving our goal, not that we personally did this ourselves. 

I apologize for the misunderstanding and I will be more clear when stating who made what and the credits needed. 

They aren't "ripped" from anywhere. As the usage states, we are allowed to re-release this content for a non-commercial purpose (which is what this mod is all about). So they question I ask everyone who frowns upon this is, why spend valuable time recreating assets that are already available for use?

1 minute ago, J. Adams said:

They aren't "ripped" from anywhere. As the usage states, we are allowed to re-release this content for a non-commercial purpose (which is what this mod is all about). So they question I ask everyone who frowns upon this is, why spend valuable time recreating assets that are already available for use?

Because it´s fun to give something back to the community in the form of your own work I guess. As long as you´ve got permission to use the models I don´t think anyone takes serious offense in you using them, it´s purely about you not giving credit to the original creator.

Anyway, good luck with your project :)

20 minutes ago, J. Adams said:

You're not doing yourself any favours here at all.
When you posted your "progress" screens, making some members believe that your team made those weapons, when in fact they're ports it wasn't till this was pointed out that you felt compelled to admit these were another artists work, and you stated you had permission to use them.

You need to make it clear from the onset that your addon will feature other artists work, and you simply cannot post progress pictures like you did before. You misled the community, and all eyes are on you now for the wrong reasons.

• Like 2

It was purely a misunderstanding as previously stated. All correct credits have now been added. I'm going to continue to defend myself. I forgot to add credits, my bad.