J. Adams

AM Studios - Conversion Mod

What is this?

This is the aim of creating another total conversion mod. Whilst we have seen the two biggest superpowers appear in RHS's USAF and AFRF mods, we are aiming to create a total conversion mod for the British Armed Forces. We have the ambition to replicate as much of the British equipment as possible whilst maintaining high quality. 

When?

As you can expect, with a project as large as this, it will take a while so expect no fast progress. We do have a bunch of models ready to go, but they need texture work. So to answer the question, not for a good while, at least 10 months of hard work are ahead of us. 

How to get involved?

We are always looking for skilled people to get involved with us. We would definitely appreciate 3D artists and coders as they will be critical to the mod. If you wish to get involved, PM J. Adams on the forums or add his steam

Over the coming weeks and months, this thread will be used to update everyone and to post media of the mod. If you wish to stay well informed about the mod and the people behind it, join this steam group

Credits:

• Degmancro - Textures and model adaption 
  • Defcon - 3D Models and textures
  • Adams - 2D graphics, reference and public relations
  • Abd Elrahman - 3D models and dialoges 
  • alex150201 - Scripting
  • Tigg - L85 model
  • ImBrokeRU - L96 Model

Regards,

J. Adams

• Like 6

Unfortunately, I get the impression that would be a no go due to my previous discussions with people who have asked about collaborations with them in the past

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I get the impression that would be a no go due to my previous discussions with people who have asked about collaborations with them in the past

Well thats a shame, i hope you decide to do things that other mods haven't covered. Unless you intend to try and do everything the current British Forces use?

Yea so whilst the 3CB team have covered the current assets used primarily by the Royal Marines, we intend on covering as much as possible, including areas that 3CB haven't quite covered or don't intend to cover

• Like 1

Yea so whilst the 3CB team have covered the current assets used primarily by the Royal Marines, we intend on covering as much as possible, including areas that 3CB haven't quite covered or don't intend to cover

Does that include Navy? :P (Joke ofc )

Good luck on your project!

Possibly, if we can find a good modeller maybe we will include vessels. If we get a modeller though :)

• Like 1

I wish you guys the "best of British" with this project.....and if your taking requests, a red heckled Tam o' Shanter would be just dandy.  :D

Plz tel me wtf that is hahah

The hackle (or heckle as it's pronounced here in Scotland) is a clipped feather plume that is attached to military headdress. The red heckled Tam o' Shanter is traditionally worn by The Black Watch. 

51360810-british-army-soldier-from-the-1

• Like 1

Ah yea yea now I get you. Hopefully we will get those done for all the regiments who need em like like fusiliers and royal Irish

• Like 2

Possibly, if we can find a good modeller maybe we will include vessels. If we get a modeller though :)

do you guys have anything done so far worth showing, even if WIP...

because this definitely looks ambitious, maybe a bit too much so (not that it is a problem though)

Yea, we have plenty of models that cover the current era of equipment including Mk7 helmets, Mk4 Osprey plate carriers and so on.

I can send some pictures to you on request as we aren't quite ready to show them off publicly yet :)

• Like 1

Yea, we have plenty of models that cover the current era of equipment including Mk7 helmets, Mk4 Osprey plate carriers and so on.

I can send some pictures to you on request as we aren't quite ready to show them off publicly yet :)

no it's alright, don't worry about it, i was genuinely curious if you guys are starting to build a team or you already started work on some stuff. Usually you gather a lot more interest if you actually show some stuff that is done or at least WIP rather than just make a list of plans.

• Like 3

Yea we just don't wish to show off a pile of assets that aren't quite ready for display. We should have some in game pictures soon though :)

• Like 2

Well you don't have to show us in game pictures, you can show us renders of the models before they go into Arma3 ;)

• Like 1

Well you don't have to show us in game pictures, you can show us renders of the models before they go into Arma3 ;)

precisely, but you do as you wish ;)

example:

omega9k.jpg

• Like 6

Mad respect for showing that you've got some work, we might be a bit of a sceptical bunch, but we've seen a few "We are recreating (insert countries army)" before.

Best of luck lads!

• Like 4

Haha thanks dude!

I mean without ambition, what's the point in starting a mod?

• Like 1

http://m.imgur.com/Je0cXbn?r

Another image of our uniform.

Currently we have two uniform models, both modelled off an MTP Ubacs shirt. We have one normal shirt and modelled after a short sleeve order version.

• Like 1

Here's an early screenie from Buldozer for curious eyes ..

Note: the texture is still work in progress. There are still plenty of details to implement. :)

eN51MSmh.png

• Like 9