Hi All,

As promised an update was mentioned on RSO's latest work. 

As you all are aware, BOF is currently under construction and that we are also focusing attention on another map. One that has been "the map with no name" on the website over the past few weeks. Well to let the cat out the bag the map with no name does have a name and is going to be one helluva map when it is finished. My only focus is this map for the forseeable future as well as the RSO Buildings Pack. Both of these projects work hand in hand with each other because of the geo-location setting.  

30x30km sqd of Afro/middle eastern terrain, sporting a whopping huge airfield, even larger city, none that has been seen before in Arma, custom models, 1:1 in scale for pretty much everything. It took me nearly twenty minutes to travel from the airfield to the port going at full speed in a hunter. 

• Like 9

It looks huge, nice job. How are the fps right now on such a huge map?

• Like 1

pretty good 

admittedly the map is lightly populated at the moment, but even in the middle of the built up area now, I am getting 25-30 fps and thats on max view and max object view. Buildings occlude so it helps with hiding other objects. 

I am concious of the fps on my own system and how dense the city is, if I applied buildings to the exact position of where they are on the sat map then the current version I would think would be quite bad on fps. I am using a good amount of artistic license on Benghazi so many buildings in relation to the sat positioning will be out of place.

With the size of this map and how populated it is with objects when you are on the ground you don't need to have a high VD anyway. You can only see a max of 1km in any given built up area, so there really is no point in worrying about fps if you are clever about it. If anyone is that anal and has to have there fps up as high as possible, then you might wanna vanity check or something. If you want solid play be sensible about it and not moan because you have to lower your settings to be able to play on a map like this. If you fly alot, you may get a drop but again, be logical and think what would be best for you to play it? lower your settings maybe? Don't add in extra details like street clutter within 3den? don't play script heavy missions? or better still buy a better pc? 

Sorry to sound so nonchalant about it, but if I can make this map and play on it fine then I am happy, I am making this to my liking, not to the masses, I thought it would be nice to share aswell. There was a point where I wasn't going to show this map at all. If the day comes where I have to admit it won't work because of its heavy population of objects then I may have to go and buy a better GPU or full rig. I could do with a better gpu anyway, I'm running sapphire 7580 2gb atm (few years old now though) and my fps is fine,  not just on this map but on other highly detailed maps too. At the end of the day I'm not taking the blame for peoples cruddy fps in Arma 3, that is down to BIS and the engine we have to work with. 

If I could make this in another engine I would, I just don't really want too because I like playing arma and I see the mods here are really quite good and I'd like to be apart of that and contribute something good. 

At the end of the day bad fps on a players rig is not down to me. I know that is not what you are saying or asking, I know your question was a general enquiry, but I wanted to point this out before I get a torrade of comments about "oh the fps on this is gunna take a hugh hit", "I can't play this this map its too big for my system", etc etc. I think you know what I am saying.

Anyway, if anything, its a test of the abilities of the game if you look at it that way. Stay positive about it and wish me the best to get this finished. Because I know at some point there is going to be version upon verison of 13 hours missions being made on this map. Insurgency would be a great test wouldn't it too don't you think?

Spook. 

• Like 6

Thanks man. Just need to get it filled up with objects and clutter.

• Like 3

You can go in eeeeverrry building.

There will be a few easter eggs too that you won't see until released. 

I had a little play test last night.  I placed an invisble helipad on a rooftop. I then sat on the bench of a littlebird and got the heli to land on the roof. I jumped off and rehearshed a rooftop assault. Lol. Shame we haven't got round to doing the ai pathing yet. Would've been even better with a group of guys clearing the building.

I also remade the annex assault from 13 hours. Got my ass handed to me on that one.

• Like 6

Hi folks.

Sorry for the lack activity this past month or so, some RL situations had the better of us and now things are getting back on track. The wheels are beginning to move again. We have a new member to the team and a new website being made. The original one in all fairness was a bit of an experiment and a placeholder for our projects. But what is being done so far is looking pretty darn good. 

An update is planned soon for the buildings pack. The misc items are going to get a look in too so they will be brought to life for you all to use. The maps are still being created even though they are slow progress, but there is only so much a small group of guys can do with the work load we have. 

More to come soon,

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, spookygnu said:

Hi folks.

Sorry for the lack activity this past month or so, some RL situations had the better of us and now things are getting back on track. The wheels are beginning to move again. We have a new member to the team and a new website being made. The original one in all fairness was a bit of an experiment and a placeholder for our projects. But what is being done so far is looking pretty darn good. 

An update is planned soon for the buildings pack. The misc items are going to get a look in too so they will be brought to life for you all to use. The maps are still being created even though they are slow progress, but there is only so much a small group of guys can do with the work load we have. 

More to come soon,

By any chance will the building positions for AI be added? Its fine if they arnt in this build

RSO is kinda like a Hub for us modders now, one which you have your project/s and release it under RSO Creations. Its your work, you decide what you want to do with it. You have creative control, exception being you are part of RSO Creations and that you are willing to contribute some help towards the project that started the group in the first place. The RSO buildings pack. that's it! 

If anyone would like to join the group/team, by all means send either me or rebelman or Opteryx a pm and say what you would be keen to help with. The more help we get the faster things will get released. It could be anything from modding, map making, object placement, re-texturing. Let us know and I'm sure we can find slot for you in here somewhere. You don't need years of experience to help just a bit of enthusiasm to see the work released. If you want to learn how to mod, I'm sure  we can help you out with that too. Not just on models but map making aswell. 

• Like 3

OK folks, We are nearing 75% completion towards the next update. We assumed we could get this out by the end of the month, but it looks like there will be a little bit of a wait by about a week or two before we get anything out now. We have a few things to get sorted out properly before we decide if the pack can go out yet with the animated doors. 

Just to let you know for now. Stay tuned. 

• Like 11

Would love to join your discord channel, but invite expired long time ago. Anyway looking forward to hear more from you :)

tbh mate, there isn't much going on with discord atm, we are generally floating between that and skype but in the dev channel on discord. 

If people want to chat r+b on the public chat on our discord server then send us a pm and we will see what we can do for you.

20170403155502_1.jpg

The RSO Building Pack + more will come by

• Like 5