Sign in to follow this  
miguel93041

Mask Image (Ground color)

Hello guys, i saw this problem on the forums but not giving enough info.

Im learning on creating a map, etc... and as far as i see in my map the ground color is bad.

b3501d1d65c8e21ca573924ac95e00ce.jpg

You can see the terrain have the blue color and underwater.rvmat

I´ve investigated and its because of the MASK image, it didnt match each other (Terrain and mask images)

01a933d5e4b7086078558df33b608796.gif

But i dont know how to update the new MASK image with the current objects on the map.

Can anyone help me, please? :)

Ok i found how to update the mask layer, you have to delete the layers folder in data folder then import your mask layer and delete the old one, go to view properties on your mapframe and generate new layers

My ground texture its changed but i see all white instead of green or blue

88b16c8e8d2dd3fdf70c85f0bdf1e88d.jpg

Any idea why this happen?

hi

Im learning on creating a map too and my advice for you is use l3dt to make terrain  :) 

Ok i found how to update the mask layer, you have to delete the layers folder in data folder then import your mask layer and delete the old one, go to view properties on your mapframe and generate new layers

My ground texture its changed but i see all white instead of green or blue

Any idea why this happen?

Why would you see green and blue? The surface mask defines what texture shows on the ground at close range. That's why you can see a grass texture under the water in your picture. The reason your seeing white at a distance is you don't seem to have your sat map set up right.

Surface mask controls ground texture and clutter at close range in game, as you look off in the distance the game then uses the sat map.

Why would you see green and blue? The surface mask defines what texture shows on the ground at close range. That's why you can see a grass texture under the water in your picture. The reason your seeing white at a distance is you don't seem to have your sat map set up right.

Surface mask controls ground texture and clutter at close range in game, as you look off in the distance the game then uses the sat map.

So if you dont mind to tell me how i set up my sat map correctly

L3DT its a good way of doing maps but im creating a custom map from real world.

Never mind i dont know how, i updated my mask twice and then i started to see the colors of texture at large range

Never mind i dont know how, i updated my mask twice and then i started to see the colors of texture at large range

I'm really confused why you want to see your surface image at long range? Your sat and surface images are 2 different things  :huh: