giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

3 hours ago, giallustio said:

Just synch it to a real mortar unit placed on map. Then you can adjust parameters in the module interface. I forgot to add some description to the module....I thought it was self explanatory but i was clearly wrong! Sorry about that, I will integrate it in the next update!

Thank you for your reply giallustio. I'll get onto it. 😀

Many thanks for the update.

The PAK looks really great. Fine details.

Just allow for two minor remarks:

- I believe the iron sights of the MG42 are not aligned correctly in SP. The top of the front side should be in a line with the top of the notch. (I used the MG3 some forty years ago, and I seem to remember its sights were similar 😉)

- It is very difficult to use the PAK in SP as a gunner, when using AP ammo since one cannot observe any impacts. Maybe add some spark effects or a bit larger dust clouds? And maybe reduce the smoke form the barrel a bit so it does not obscure the target completely?

Again, many thanks and keep going!

Once again, thank you very much for the long-awaited update.

I would like to report bug regarding static MG 42s. It may be intentional but sounds a bit unnatural to me. The point is that a burst from the MG 42 is sometimes followed by single shots. The sequence of the burst from MG 42 looks like this:

933rmwx.jpg

The bug applies to three static classes:

- MG 42 Deployed (high),

- MG 42 Deployed (middle),

- MG 42 Deployed (low-sandbags).

For the class: MG 42 Deployed (low) and when AI fires handheld MG 42, ROF is perfect without following single shots.

ARMA 3, FOW, MG 42 Deployed (high) - ROF Bug

ARMA 3, FOW, MG 42 Deployed (middle) - ROF Bug

ARMA 3, FOW, MG 42 Deployed (low-sandbags) - ROF Bug

ARMA 3, FOW, MG 42 Deployed (low) - perfect ROF

ARMA 3, FOW, AI handheld MG 42 - perfect ROF

• Thanks 1

Vintorez mate that equation you made with those ammo belt pictures... 😄 😄 I just wanna say if every modteam had such a passionate and creative bugreportor like you, there would be no more bugs in the world. Perhaps only ladybugs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tpM thank you for the kind words. From you it's a real compliment, I appreciate it.

You know how it works... Instead of 100 words, only one (funny) picture that appeals to our imagination.

Best regards,

The Pope of ROF :icon_biggrin:

The commander hatch of the UK Cromwell still does not rotate correctly, it 'slides' and is mismatched with the turret as it turns.

0aa174d7fa.png

Additionally, it looks like the shadow LODs for most German and Commonwealth (UK / Canada) uniforms are missing. You can see how the equipment and rifle shadow appears sharp, but the rest appears blurry.

d84bc18877.png

The shadow should look like this:

5d22f53d41.png

Maybe I'm just stupid (a distinct possibility), but how exactly do you get the AI Mortar Set-up module working? I've tried syncing it to the mortar itself, the crew members, but it doesn't seem to be working. Does it need to be synced with a trigger as well or something?

https://imgur.com/a/E9S6YAK

Suggestion- I was wondering if you could do a reskin of the british 6 pounder cannon for desert camo?

On 4/2/2020 at 8:03 PM, giallustio said:

Just synch it to a real mortar unit placed on map. Then you can adjust parameters in the module interface. I forgot to add some description to the module....I thought it was self explanatory but i was clearly wrong! Sorry about that, I will integrate it in the next update!

@Shiloh
This should work. Try to enable the "debug mode"

Here is another glimpse at the upcoming sound improvements:

• Like 3

Guest Paolo G.

Can you guys please add the M26 Pershing into the mod so we can create late WW2 and Korean War scenarios in the game. 

Why not? I'll forward your request to one of our talented 3D Artists.

• Haha 2

Guest Paolo G.

Thanks

Guest Paolo G.

So you are actually going to add the M26 Pershing in the next update?

NVM I saw that it was a joke. 

Yes, sorry, I was joking.
For the past 2 years, FoW was being developed by 2-3 people. One of them is me, who can do solely sound related things. Another one is Giallustio, who is a cfg / script wizard, can implement everything from animations to models, if someone else provides content. We are sitting on a few purchased models, but don't have much time currently. We wanted (and still want to) to do a proper comeback with cool updates and such, but without other devs / contributors, it's not easy. Hell we couldn't even find someone to finish / polish our reloading anims.

So the next update is mainly sound-related. We wanted to add a Daimler armoured car too, but dunno if it will make it.

• Like 2

Guest Paolo G.

It's Alright, it's just some tank I really wanted in the mod. I'm ok with waiting a few years for it and I hope it is included in a future update. Your mod is great and very impressive as it was only made by 2-3 people and I hope your modding team would grow to become bigger in the future. I wanted to create Late-WW2 and Korean War scenarios and the M4 Sherman nor the M48 doesn't fit in. Hope you good luck.

3 hours ago, Paolo G. said:

It's Alright, it's just some tank I really wanted in the mod. I'm ok with waiting a few years for it and I hope it is included in the next content update. Your mod is great and very impressive as it was only made by 2-3 people and I hope your modding team would grow to become bigger in the future. I wanted to create Late-WW2 and Korean War scenarios and the M4 Sherman nor the M48 doesn't fit in. Hope you good luck.

You can buy low poly M26 Pershing from CGTrader for 12 dollars. Blender is free. BI wiki has tutorials how to create configs and such. Why not give it a go? 

It doesn't take that long to learn the basics of 3D modeling and you wouldn't need to start from the ground up with the model. Once you learn how to use the selection, move, scale and rotate tools, loop cuts, extrude, inset, knife, bridge edge loops and merge by distance you can model a lot of things. 

1 hour ago, Navalny for president said:

If i buy this model and donate it to you, you can port this in your mod?🤔

I understand this comment was not directed to me, but I think I might be partially to blame for this.... 

While I said the very basics of 3D modeling are not that hard to learn, I intentionally did not mention how much time and effort it takes to actually model something especially when you are a beginner, because I didn't want to discourage anyone. When you request someone to make an "x" you are basically asking if the person is willing to sacrifice tens if not hundreds of hours their free time to a project they are not particularly interested in – just because the "x" is something what you want. It's not that bad if you feel motivated, because many people already spend 5 - 10 hours in a week on their computers watching cat videos, playing video games and being unproductive in general so it's more about reallocating the time. However, you need some kind of incentive to go through the process. 

With that model you would still need to model the interiors, add more detail to the exterior, write the configs and so on. 

• Like 2

Guest Paolo G.

Edit: nvm

Edited by Paolo G.
Link removed due links to downloading ripped content