giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

On 1/19/2020 at 5:00 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

Hope my work here helps the FOW fans locate missions to play faster!

Cheers!

Certainly does ! I think I just created what was supposed to be the entire Hell in the Pacific mod from many of those pacific missions. At least that's what it feels like.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I've been working on updating the audio of the mod for a while now, and yesterday, to test the overall feeling, I set up a little scenario in editor. It turned out a pretty intense little battle so I decided to record it:

Apart from new sounds, you can spot our new Type 92 MGs made by @Freelancer, and the static MG sys in action (more details later). Enabledamage was disabled during this test.

• Like 9

Very selective sounds, such surprising as in real combat conditions and perfect sonic crack effect which creating fighting atmosphere very well 👍

Hey guys,
Long story short, for our upcoming update, we're looking for a talented weapon animator (reloading and hand pos.). Your job would be to create missing reloading anims for certain weapons and adjust some hand positions. It might be also required to finetune already existing anims. If you're in the mood and got the skills, get in touch with me or @giallustio .

Ps.: we don't have much time 😉

• Like 5

Gonna post another little video later today, showcasing the sound improvements coming in the next update. Perhaps we also release more details, who knows.

• Like 3

A little video....more details...for fack's suke ..ahhhhhhhhhh.... do it !!!!!!! Can't wait much longer 🙂

^ Ok at least get through to the first part 😄

Below you can hear the M1 carbine, BAR and Garand from 1st person perspective aswell as the Japanese weapons firing at us, including the mighty Type 92s inside those pillboxes...

It was supposed to be a nice chaotic little firefight under the full moon, but it ended up being a tad bit too dark. Anyway, the focus is on the audio aspect.

As for the reloading anims, well, we couldn't find an anim wizard so they are kinda primitive.

• Like 4

Very very good...hope someone will take care of the reloading anims 🙂 Oh and I am really looking forward to storm Mount Suribachi xD

• Like 1

Ok.

So, we will release a little patch on this Wednesday. It will include:

- Pak 40 (different camos)
- New terrain: Gold Beach
- New Type 92 HMG variants (by variants, I mean suitable for different heights)
- Static MG suppression / RoF system
- Panzerschreck
- New sounds
- General fixes and improvements
- Wonky / incomplete reloading anims

And I tell you in advance, we're still looking for capable modelers, texturers, animators, missionmakers and voice actors.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Sounds good! I heard that FOW is death, but obviously it isn't. Is this patch the update you talked about or do we have to expect something bigger? I really love Faces of War. Are you planning adding more stuff in future updates? A Sicily Terrain or a Tanoa WW2 would be massive, but I know, modding takes a lot of time and is a huge amount of work. Is this mod related to Forgotten Fronts in any way?

Very nice 🙂  Obviously you are also working on an Iwojima map...and if I remember correctly you were working on the Stuart and Panzer III light/medium tanks ? Also do you plan to create British and Canadian versions of the US vehicles ?

keep it up 

The plan is to deliver this update, focused mainly on bug fixing and few addition and then switch to a different approach. We would like to have smaller releases, focused on one/two assets at a time. This way we hope to reduce the time between each patch.

Spoiler

What day is it Wednesday?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tpM said:

Ok.

So, we will release a little patch on this Wednesday. It will include:

- New terrain: Gold Beach
- Panzerschreck
- New sounds
- Wonky / incomplete reloading anims

And I tell you in advance, we're still looking for capable modelers, texturers, animators, missionmakers and voice actors.

The long-awaited update the day after tomorrow... Well, this is really great news in these hard times. Thank you 😍

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, tbartels said:

April fools day...

Oh noooooo! 😱

Dear Community,

Long time has passed since our previous release. We were quiet. We had our fair share of RL and other issues, however in our free time, we kept working on FoW. Hereby we want to release a little update containing some fixes, improvements and a few goodies to play with.

Release highlights:

- New terrain: Gold Beach* (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2043771912)

- A new mission

- AI mortar fire

* Gold Beach requires additional mods.

Sadly, the planned sound update had to be excluded from this release due to some unforseen issues. Our buddy and Sound Pope, the Grandfather of Reverberation in Arma, tpM is working his ass off right now to fix it and get it ready and polished for the next update (because yes, there will be more... details soon).

We've decided to set up a Patreon page to let everyone contribute to the project and help us grow it more rapidly (https://www.patreon.com/user?u=26577659).
Faces of War is and always will be a free modification available for everyone. Our goal is to improve quality and increase the player experience.
Contributing on Patreon is not mandatory. We will continue to work on this project regardless, but your help will grant us to speed up the process, develop new features and acquire new assets.

Have fun!!!

Changelog

Spoiler

Added m1 carbine reload sounds
Added mp40 anim reloads
Added reload action for the greasegun
Added m1919 ui picture
Added PAK40
Added mission Op. Galvanic - Red Beach 1
Added new trenches by Fyuran
Added new Type92 model
Added missing weapons as placeable in editor
Added Dutch Commandos (No.2 Troop)
Added camo selection to US M41 uniform
Added M41 uniform color variants
Added M41 uniform for USMC
Added AI mortar fire support module
Added Suppression system for static weapons module
Added RoF system for statics (MG42, Type 99, M1919, Vickers)
Added rails and vegetation
Added Rommel asparagus
Added Gold Beach map

Fixed sniperspot model
Fixed weapons have no reload sounds
Fixed removed "open door" action for bunker 3 & 4
Fixed greasegun open bolt
Fixed fg42 some bullets were visible during reload
Fixed g43 mag was moving in the opposite way during reload
Fixed can't get in static weapons from behind
Fixed Shotgun ammo were invisible
Fixed type95 firing effects
Fixed US Bandoleer clipping issue
Fixed mortar sight view & added Direction value on the UI
Fixed Chinese voices
Fixed M42 texture bug
Fixed enfield magazine for reload animation was not visible
Fixed mortar ammo boxes can now be dragged with ACE
Fixed lod order m1897_bayonet

Reworked smg AI firing behaviour

Tweaked hit value for rockets
Tweaked fire geo for bunkers 3 & 4
Tweaked reload time for static weapons
Tweaked M4A2 hull gunner aim handling
Tweaked tone of US gear
Tweaked gunnerview for mortars

Synched reload animation for mg42
Synched reload and bolt animation for type99
Synched reload animation for mp40
Synched reload animation for lee enfield
Synched reload animation for m1a1

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Thank you all for the update 👍 Special thanks to the Sound Pope for very exciting and emotional drama 😘

So I really like the look of the AI Mortar module but I'm damned if I can get it to work. I've tried everything I can think of even coming down as far as a profile of just Faces of War and CBA but all to no avail. Can anyone tell me what I do need to do to enable it?

Great thanks for the Update! The Gold Beach Map is epic, but I think you can still improve it.

First of all, there are some flying czech hedgehogs left side of the City at the western map border.

latest?cb=20200402140031&path-prefix=de

latest?cb=20200402140054&path-prefix=de

(I don't know if it's the right place to report this)

Gold_Beach_Arromanches_les_Bains.jpg

That's a picture from reallife Gold Beach. You can see that there are rocks/cliffs, but on the map, there's plain dirt. Some rocks or at least a rock texture would be nice.

latest?cb=20200402140424&path-prefix=de

Also you could use more of the livonia/vanilla textures. Especially for the dirt road, the meadows and maybe the beach. 

You could also replace the Cup barracks with Livonia barracks that look "more german" (I'm german) and add wheat fields and hedges.

latest?cb=20200402140811&path-prefix=de

Absolutely epic would be either retextures or completely new house models, because the Iron Front buildings don't fit that well into the map (because of the textures). but yes, I know it's a huge amount of work and nothing of this is meant as a "rule" or something like that, only the ideas of a fan who loves your new map! Great Thanks therefore! Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ayjay said:

So I really like the look of the AI Mortar module but I'm damned if I can get it to work. I've tried everything I can think of even coming down as far as a profile of just Faces of War and CBA but all to no avail. Can anyone tell me what I do need to do to enable it?

Just synch it to a real mortar unit placed on map. Then you can adjust parameters in the module interface. I forgot to add some description to the module....I thought it was self explanatory but i was clearly wrong! Sorry about that, I will integrate it in the next update!