giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

Hello!

I've been using this mod for a long time now, and your work is really good. I've enjoyed it with my unit as it provides a good variety of units with great textures (and the pacific maps are also really good).

I'm starting a little project of my own to share with the community. I would like to ask for permission to retexture some of your german uniforms to adapt them to the 250th ID that fought in the eastern front.

Cheers!

I am trying to use FOW for the new Warlords module. I am having trouble finding the config files to place in the Warlords init. Anybody know where I can find it?

Hey Guys,

Fantastic work on the mod. As more of a casual player I never got to play the mod much since there aren't a lot (or any?) coop missions or servers who host missions with the mod. So, I ported Dennenboom's EvorA mode (COOP CTI game mode) to Summa Winter. I had a blast with the mod and the mission so far with my friends. I added some of my own scripting changes and scripts to remove all modern grenades/mines and explosives from the virtual arsenal. If anyone is interested, you can find the mission here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1641582976

Edit: I created also a version using some assets from CSA38 in addition to FoW: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1645172612

If you find any bugs etc. please let me know on the workshop page and I'll try to fix them. Also if you have any wishes, suggestions or feedback on the mission (difficulty or other things), let me know.

Known issues, that I cannot fix:

I built an entirely new village and used pavements to create stairs, walking up these "stairs" will lead to a lot of shaking since those are cubic shapes so for every step the view will jump (stairs normally are basically ramps that look like stairs to avoid this issue).

Speaking of bugs, I came across two potential bugs in the mod:

-the ammunition for the two shotguns does not show up in the virtual arsenal

-no weapon reload sounds (maybe known, since they are all placeholders)

Thanks again for this fantastic mod and all the work you guys have put into it.

Hey guys little update from me,

M3 Stuart

Updated the Stuart texture it's currently bring ported into game. tracks coming soon.
plZyloA.png

ZDTcgOD.png

Dodge Wc51

Texturing has begun, 37mm version coming soon.

hidbpA9.png

Rr6CUKT.png

rQoLerV.png

ufXetpa.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Very cool! These look amazing 😄

I didn't want to bring it up because it was still WIP, however I feel it's my mistake for bringing it up in the very late stage. Will you be adding the vision port for the Gunner's Optic to the M3 Stuart's Gun mantlet? Like I said, my mistake for noticing it and not bringing it up before, but better late than never I guess. In any case besides this extremely good work and it looks so damn amazing and can't wait to drive this around a desert, or any other WW2 situations, if a Italy or Normandy skin is going to be made. Especially can't wait to drive around in the WC51with the 37mm doing early US Tank Destroyer Battalion Prototype Africa stuff!

Thanks again Cheers 🙂

Hey Barden,
As the Main High Grand Chief Quality Assurance Enforcer And Superior Captain Boss of this Mod, I'd like to ask you to pinpoint what exactly are you talking about. Perhaps showing it on RL reference images. Thx.

Friendly embrace and kisses,

Miska

• Like 1

Sure thing, my mistake! With the Gun pointed at you, on the left you have the .30 cal port for the 1919, on the right you should have the slot for the gunner optic.

Here's a few pictures where you can see the visible Optic on the Gun Mantlet.

m3-2.jpg

m3stuartfront.jpg

m3-6.jpg

20162802200249.jpg

Two Captured Stuarts

philippinescapturedstuazq1

m3_stuart-12.jpg

I hope these images help present what I'm talking about. Something I only noticed after pulling the pictures is how you guys have used bolted on hatches to cover the old Machine Gun ports that it originally came with facing forward on either side of the hull. Nice touch 🙂 

(Had to edit the post since some of my pictures where of the M3A1, with improved Turret and chassis, sorry!)

@Barden

My mistake I must of missed them out, thanks for pointing it out I'll see If I can add them in 🙂

• Like 1

Hi, I'd like to make a faction proposition for this mod. It currently only uses CSA38, made by one of your developers and is something I've been toying with but don't have the ability to truly create. If any of the developers can contact me via PM if they are interested in a collaboration of sorts, feel free to do so. Thank you!

Made a Start on a New model the Panzer III still early work in progress.

ZFjxrUj.png

uetrWeS.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Nice work Freelancer. 😄

I think, I may have found another "bug" in the mod (not sure if these are really bugs, but I thought it might be worth pointing them out): 

- The rear view mirrors on the willys jeep and GMC truck are not inverted. (could be that this is also the case for the Kubel and the Japanese truck, but I didn't try them)
- Ammunition for the two shotguns is not available in the virtual arsenal.
- No reload sounds on the guns (maybe not a bug but just that way for the moment).

Any new lvts in the works? Love to see the WIP pics, keep up the good work.

Since the STuG III was based on the Panzer III chassis...any chance to see this also being worked on  🙂 ?? Also I am a bit curious, seeing the Stuart Honey Desert Rats textures and now the Panzer III, which was the main BT in Africa during Rommels campaigns, should this be a hint that we will see Northern Africa theatre being worked on in FoW ?? I mean you showed us Italian light tank and gear also some time ago....

keep it up can`t wait for the next update 🙂

• Like 1

How are you this fast? It took me weeks just to create a mission in Arma and you're creating these amazing 3D models within days it seems 😄 Really nice work.

Also, thanks for forwarding the bugs. If I find anything else, I'll let you guys know. Thanks again for this amazing mod and the time you and the others invest.

• Like 1

Extra kudos to Lancey because it's not easy to find proper references for this gun (The Mighty Type 92).

• Like 2

On 2/11/2019 at 4:43 AM, Freelancer said:
Spoiler

Made a Start on a New model the Panzer III still early work in progress.

ZFjxrUj.png

uetrWeS.png

The storage box on the back of the turret looked a bit off to me, so I checked, and sure enough, I did spot a few minor differences. Perhaps the box you have is in fact accurate, and its just a model I've not seen frequently, but in any case, the one shown below is the most common I've seen, and probably a better choice. Note: there is an incline highlighted in red, and the orientation of the vent shrouds. Also, just because I found two minor details on the back that seemed off, I decided to quickly look over the front. Though everything looks impeccable, as a side note, similar to the rear turret box, I found most of the PzIIIs had a round chassis mounted MG mount. I did find a few examples of a box or other shaped Chassis MG mount, but according to photos, it was less common. Now that's me being very petty.

RVsqAcR.png

Otherwise, this looks fantastic, and I am really looking forward to seeing more of this PzIII. The Faces of War mod is by far the highest quality of the big 3 WWII mods for ARMA. For what ever reason, the guys working on the Iron Front project keep using really badly compressed textures, and their models lack thickness, everything is made to look like paper. And the textures that look like they were ported from 2010 don't help either. Even on their new content looks old. Liberation is the only other source for a PzIII. but there are no textures for it, it only comes in a really old dark tan. I really hope this project continues, its already my personal favorite. And with Renner´s Unit Retexture Pack, and the various British packs, its even better. While on the subject of giving feedback, may I also suggest to whom it concerns, that the panzerfaust mounting orientation when carried on one's back be changed so it is more accommodating to German kit, so it looks less like Boba Fett's jepack missile?

5698f47c-6238-4671-acc2-5dddc0331820.jpg

• Thanks 1

@p-hienz Much appreciate the feedback on the panzer I will take a look at the model and try and correct it the best i can 🙂

Quick question: is this mod still in development? I ask because I read some weird conversion on Discord about mod shutting down. The fact is that it was unclear if it was a joke or the hard truth 😅

38 minutes ago, frost995 said:

Quick question: is this mod still in development? I ask because I read some weird conversion on Discord about mod shutting down. The fact is that it was unclear if it was a joke or the hard truth 😅

Don't worry we're still here and very much active 😉

• Like 3