giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

6 hours ago, Sir BadNade said:

These guys are amazing. The Pacific side of the war I have to say was my favorite and mainly the naval combat involved. Iwo Jima and Okinawa were quite interesting and hope to see something related to it in one of the updates one day. All around amazing and the models are pretty awesome as well. Maybe even can see something like a Japanese destroyer in the future or something from the Americans to rain down some artillery on the island.

I agree.

There was a somewhat obscure mod for Arma 2 called "Hell In The Pacific" and one of the coolest things about it was that it had quite a few ships for both sides and they could all be sunk I believe. There were even aircraft carriers that could drive around and for some reason I feel like you were able to land and take off from them in planes, but I could be remembering wrong. It also had some sort of "Pacific Islands" map that was absolutely massive by Arma 2 standards. It had multiple islands spread out over vast areas of ocean. Some had airstrips and some basic infrastructure and others were more barren and remote. You could have a full island hopping sort of experience, attacking islands and taking them over and using them as a base to resupply and refuel to attack the other islands. There was some strategy involved in which islands you should defend and which you should care less about based on how the enemy might utilize them against you. I hope one day that this is possible in FoW considering all the improvements made to the game engine, but I know how difficult it is to create all this content and have it work as it should. All I can do is wish them luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah exactly. I assume due to the Arma 3 Physx engine and the fact that doing something like a ship that not only has multiple turrets on it but if it is a destroyer it would also mean torpedoes and depth charges. Now I mentioned it in another mod that is working on the U-boats and that corvette but when it comes to the Japanese and Americans, a lot of their firepower was in their navy. The Yamato for instance, was the largest battleship. Or maybe the Fletcher class from the US had a couple of her ships being able to fight of ships so much bigger than her, even steering the Yamato off course at one point due to torpedoes. Things like this would improve the gameplay. With planes like the A6M and the F4U and F6F were amazing when it came to naval combat. These things I would say even though they may take quite a bit of work would make things just so much more amazing. Honestly one doesn't even need to have the big ships to feel good. Like Clemson, Gearing, Fletcher, Farragut, Omaha. For the Japanese the Fubuki, Shiratsuyu, Mutsuki, Akizuki, and maybe even the Kongou. Either way I guess it is more of a suggestion but with as much as I have seen recently with naval related mods like the BRA, upcoming update it looks like for the HAFM mod, and the HAFM submarines, I think the possibilities within this mod is pretty wide but I guess also limited for that engine unless there is a way to get passed that. Again this mod is amazing and probably use it more than I thought I would at this time since and got really got back into the WW2 phase so hopefully once day these guys can make this mod into something else for ArmA 3.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2018 at 5:45 AM, pognivet said:

There was a somewhat obscure mod for Arma 2 called "Hell In The Pacific" 

Lol you realise that a rather large portion of HITP stuff are now in FoW right?

• Like 1

Finally came back to these WW2 mods, it gets better and better each time I see it again. I do have a question though, are the Cromwells without a damage model for now? I noticed they would explode, but they would have an undamaged model, just sank slightly into the ground. Sorry if it's a known or well discussed thing, but I haven't been following much lately.

13 hours ago, simcardo said:

Lol you realise that a rather large portion of HITP stuff are now in FoW right?

I honestly had no idea.

This could be a me issue or simply a incompatibility issue as well but here we go:

The MG-42 found in the Eden editor on the Bluefor side under "[DE]Heer -> Statics" doesn't seem to have any ammo for me, not sure if its a mod problem or a compatibility one.

Just wanted to check here if anyone knows?

Edit: It's definetly a mod compatibility issue

Mods used:

• Spoiler

• CBA
    • ACE
    • ACEX
    • Achillies
    • Acre2
    • Advanced ACE CPR
    • Bloodlust
    • CUP Terrains
    • Faces of War
    • IFA3 Liberation
    • IFA3 Liberation ACE
    • IFA3 Liberation Compatibility FOW
    • IFA3 Liberation Compatibility FOW ACE
    • IFA3 AIO LITE
    • Incon Effects Mods
    • Supress
    • Vcom AI

It's because of an error in "IFA3 Liberation Compatibility FOW". If you take that one off the list, your problem should be fixed.

Mostly. But there are days when I say: "baby, I was a bad bad boy: punish me!" And then I just throw myself backwards with my arms held up, and she returns from the kitchen with a huge wooden spoon and an evil grin on her face. I won't go into details.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Work in progress Tetrarch to support our british para's :f:

M4ThUdl.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, freelancer said:

Work in progress Tetrarch to support our british para's :f:

Its beautiful

Edited by R0adki11
no quoting images

On 25.10.2018 at 12:05 AM, Jamal Nilsson said:

But I am wondering are u going to make Italians ?

On 25.10.2018 at 11:50 AM, tpM said:

We have 2 already... @giallustio & @Cype_Revenge. I'm telling you, it's way more than enough! :D

Yeah but making them could be good fun ....(but it then takes 9 months to wait for them to be released )

• Haha 1

Done some work on the textures today, still needs a bit of polish

cFar2yR.png

t6x371F.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I was hoping for the British version...very nice to see the Desert Rats (7th Armoured Division) get some love :)

Don't worry, you will get every existing and even non-existing variant of it.

• Like 1

Heyo, love the mod but I'm experiencing some bugs with the Faces of War mod:

- Commander in the Cromwell Tank clips out of the side, and the commander hatch on top also rotates off centre when the commander looks around.

- Main guns of all tanks, AT guns are silent when you're more than 20m to 50m away.

These issues are happening without any other mods running, just the latest CBA addon and Faces of War.

On 30/11/2018 at 4:11 PM, freelancer said:

What texturing tool are you using and is this the game ready model?

• Like 3

On 30/11/2018 at 4:11 PM, freelancer said:

this Honey is cute! CUTE!

I thought I'd ask first.  Does anyone have an asset list of all these wonderful things?

On 12/15/2018 at 10:56 PM, j0zh94 said:

What texturing tool are you using and is this the game ready model?

Apologies for the delayed response I've only just seen this, I use Quixel suite to do my textures and the Stuart and since been updated with new textures. Check out out discord channel to see the updates.

The Stuart should be ready for a port into the game while that gets ported over I've started another little project. Everything is still work in progress.

dtokkXV.png

R6VAZgO.png

ws6xOc6.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1