giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

Just wanted to stop by and say how much I appreciate your mod.  Simply awesome, please keep going!

For those experiencing English speaking Germans when playing with FOW (or English speaking Russians when playing with FOW + IFA3) and who may be unaware, this is an issue with FOW mod overwriting voices of various units (affecting both FOW and non-FOW units).  Thankfully it appears the FOW team is currently working on this.  In the mean time...

I wrote a temporary script based fix for this FOW voice issue that's working well for me so far, restoring all unit voices to proper state (works well in SP and MP).  Feel free to use my voice remedy (which you can find here) until FOW team puts out a proper fix.  Hope this helps out, cheers. :smile_o:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wondering if you guys will be adding some ordinance to the F6F? as it did a decent amount of CAS during the war

Hi Folks,

Had anyone made any ALiVE comparability mods for FOW ? Looking specifically for war in the Pacific appropriate groups....

Thanks for all you do !!!

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If work continues at this pace I think that this will quickly establish itself as one of the greatest mods for the game without a shadow of a doubt.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:09 PM, madrussian said:

Just wanted to stop by and say how much I appreciate your mod.  Simply awesome, please keep going!

For those experiencing English speaking Germans when playing with FOW (or English speaking Russians when playing with FOW + IFA3) and who may be unaware, this is an issue with FOW mod overwriting voices of various units (affecting both FOW and non-FOW units).  Thankfully it appears the FOW team is currently working on this.  In the mean time...

I wrote a temporary script based fix for this FOW voice issue that's working well for me so far, restoring all unit voices to proper state (works well in SP and MP).  Feel free to use my voice remedy (which you can find here) until FOW team puts out a proper fix.  Hope this helps out, cheers. :smile_o:

lol I ran into this problem too and it was annoying as ****. I am no coder, but I was forced to write this ghetto stuff out of desperation and it seemed to end up working well (although not very elegant to say the least).

Spoiler

private "_this";
_this = _this select 0;

_num1 = random 2;
_num1r = round _num1;

if ((side _this == east) and (!isPlayer _this) and (_num1r == 0)) then {
_this setSpeaker "Male01SU";
};

if ((side _this == east) and (!isPlayer _this) and (_num1r == 1)) then {
_this setSpeaker "Male02SU";
};

if ((side _this == east) and (!isPlayer _this) and (_num1r == 2)) then {
_this setSpeaker "Male03SU";
};

if ((side _this == civilian) and (!isPlayer _this) and (_num1r == 0)) then {
_this setSpeaker "Male01SU";
};

if ((side _this == civilian) and (!isPlayer _this) and (_num1r == 1)) then {
_this setSpeaker "Male02SU";
};

if ((side _this == civilian) and (!isPlayer _this) and (_num1r == 2)) then {
_this setSpeaker "Male03SU";
};

_num2 = random 5;
_num2r = round _num2;

if ((side _this == west) and (!isPlayer _this) and (_num2r == 0)) then {
_this setSpeaker "Male01Ger";
};

if ((side _this == west) and (!isPlayer _this) and (_num2r == 1)) then {
_this setSpeaker "Male02Ger";
};

if ((side _this == west) and (!isPlayer _this) and (_num2r == 2)) then {
_this setSpeaker "Male03Ger";
};

if ((side _this == west) and (!isPlayer _this) and (_num2r == 3)) then {
_this setSpeaker "Male04Ger";
};

if ((side _this == west) and (!isPlayer _this) and (_num2r == 4)) then {
_this setSpeaker "Male05Ger";
};

if ((side _this == west) and (!isPlayer _this) and (_num2r == 5)) then {
_this setSpeaker "Male06Ger";
};

Still gotta do the init.sqf preprocess thing for it to work though.

Sorry for triple-posting, but each post is about a different thing. I need help.

I built a massive mission using your mod. It was US Army vs Wehrmact on that Merville River V2 map from IFA3 or whatever it's called. I made a lot of scripts for it and worked really hard on it for days. I tried testing it a few times and it seemed to be working flawlessly.

After the latest "Encore" update that just came out this is what happens when I ever try to even test the mission in the editor, letalone play:

No matter who I am, right when the mission starts my view is shoved 2000 meters in the sky looking straight down, sort of like a "satellite" type view. Almost like you're a seagull, but you can't move or look any direction except straight down. Nothing down there seems to move or happen. I found out that I can escape being stuck in this satellite-type view by going into spectator mode with the debug thing in the pause menu and then exiting spectator mode. That puts me inside of my body, but I am unable to look any direction, turn, move, shoot, speak or do literally anything. It's like I'm a living human statue. The other people that I can see in front of me (fellow ai troops) seem to be stuck in the same dilemma and I assume it is the same story for every single unit on the entire map. Even if I leave the mission running for 6 hours nothing will ever change. The AI will never move or even turn their heads. I've tried every slot and it does the same exact thing every single time.

I thought it might be a problem with Faces of War getting fucked up by the new update and so I decided to replace everything with IFA3 only shit and made my playable character from the IFA3 mod with NO Faces of War shit anywhere. Same result.

I have never seen this happen. There are no forum posts about it anywhere or any way to figure out what the fuck is causing it or how to fix it. There's no .rpt messages to follow. It does not happen with Unsung, it does not happen with a slew of mods for the modern day, it does not happen with any Cold War-era mod. Only the two mods that have anything to do with WW2, IFA3 and FOW, seem to have this problem. It is totally specific to anything WW2-related being placed on the map.

Is anyone else having this problem? It is driving me absolutely fucking insane because I have such limited time in my life right now to actually play the game and I worked my ass off on this mission. The only friends I have that play Arma only get Sunday and sometimes Saturday off from work and I'd like to be able to play this mission with them since I don't know when we'll get the chance again. I'll try to provide some screenshots of what I'm talking about when I wake up in a few hours since I haven't slept all night trying to figure this out. It's the most frustrating thing in the world. There is nothing in the .rpt or any console-type file that provides any info at all.

Does anyone know what might be causing it?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, pognivet said:

Sorry for triple-posting, but each post is about a different thing. I need help.

I built a massive mission using your mod. It was US Army vs Wehrmact on that Merville River V2 map from IFA3 or whatever it's called. I made a lot of scripts for it and worked really hard on it for days. I tried testing it a few times and it seemed to be working flawlessly.

After the latest "Encore" update that just came out this is what happens when I ever try to even test the mission in the editor, letalone play:

No matter who I am, right when the mission starts my view is shoved 2000 meters in the sky looking straight down, sort of like a "satellite" type view. Almost like you're a seagull, but you can't move or look any direction except straight down. Nothing down there seems to move or happen. I found out that I can escape being stuck in this satellite-type view by going into spectator mode with the debug thing in the pause menu and then exiting spectator mode. That puts me inside of my body, but I am unable to look any direction, turn, move, shoot, speak or do literally anything. It's like I'm a living human statue. The other people that I can see in front of me (fellow ai troops) seem to be stuck in the same dilemma and I assume it is the same story for every single unit on the entire map. Even if I leave the mission running for 6 hours nothing will ever change. The AI will never move or even turn their heads. I've tried every slot and it does the same exact thing every single time.

I thought it might be a problem with Faces of War getting fucked up by the new update and so I decided to replace everything with IFA3 only shit and made my playable character from the IFA3 mod with NO Faces of War shit anywhere. Same result.

I have never seen this happen. There are no forum posts about it anywhere or any way to figure out what the fuck is causing it or how to fix it. There's no .rpt messages to follow. It does not happen with Unsung, it does not happen with a slew of mods for the modern day, it does not happen with any Cold War-era mod. Only the two mods that have anything to do with WW2, IFA3 and FOW, seem to have this problem. It is totally specific to anything WW2-related being placed on the map.

Is anyone else having this problem? It is driving me absolutely fucking insane because I have such limited time in my life right now to actually play the game and I worked my ass off on this mission. The only friends I have that play Arma only get Sunday and sometimes Saturday off from work and I'd like to be able to play this mission with them since I don't know when we'll get the chance again. I'll try to provide some screenshots of what I'm talking about when I wake up in a few hours since I haven't slept all night trying to figure this out. It's the most frustrating thing in the world. There is nothing in the .rpt or any console-type file that provides any info at all.

Does anyone know what might be causing it?

Thanks in advance.

You need new PC, too many units and scripts. Bad mission optimization You use only FoW and IFA3 or another? 

6 hours ago, petrtlach said:

You need new PC, too many units and scripts. Bad mission optimization You use only FoW and IFA3 or another? 

its none of the problems you have listed. i use fow and ifa3.

10 hours ago, pognivet said:

its none of the problems you have listed. i use fow and ifa3.

Think only problem in PC, grafic seting? Send pleas. 

• Confused 3

On 8/5/2018 at 12:48 AM, petrtlach said:

Think only problem in PC, grafic seting? Send pleas. 

i just built the computer not that long ago. the graphic settings work fine on every other game and mod for arma, including your 1938 mod.

Spoiler

Operating System
			Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU
			Intel Processor (Kaby Lake) @ 4.20GHz

RAM
			16.0 GB

Motherboard
			ASRock Z270 Killer SLI/ac (CPUSocket)	32 °C

Graphics
			G2770 (1920x1080@144Hz)
			NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW

Hard Drives
			932GB Western Digital WDC WD1000DHTZ-04N21 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)	30 °C
			932GB Western Digital WDC WD1000DHTZ-04N21 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)	31 °C

Optical Drives
			HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH08LS10 SCSI CdRom Device

Audio
			Realtek High Definition Audio

Operating System
			Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
			Computer type: Desktop
			Installation Date: 20 June 2012, 15:59

Spoiler

steamLanguage="";
language="English";
forcedAdapterId=-1;
detectedAdapterId=0;
detectedAdapterVendorId=4318;
detectedAdapterDeviceId=7041;
detectedAdapterSubSysId=1651914818;
detectedAdapterRevision=161;
detectedAdapterBenchmark=20;
displayMode=0;
winX=16;
winY=32;
winWidth=1024;
winHeight=768;
winDefWidth=1024;
winDefHeight=768;
fullScreenWidth=1920;
fullScreenHeight=1080;
refresh=144;
renderWidth=1920;
renderHeight=1080;
multiSampleCount=2;
multiSampleQuality=0;
particlesQuality=2;
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;
HDRPrecision=16;
vsync=0;
AToC=15;
cloudsQuality=3;
pipQuality=5;
dynamicLightsQuality=4;
PPAA=4;
ppSSAO=8;
ppCaustics=1;
tripleBuffering=0;
waterSSReflectionsQuality=3;
detectedCPUBenchmark=151;
detectedCPUFrequency=3602;
detectedCPUCores=8;
detectedCPUDescription="        Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz";
ppBloom=1;
ppRotBlur=0;
ppRadialBlur=0;
ppDOF=0;
ppSharpen=1;

@pognivetcan you share your Arma3 .rpt this will help identify any issues.

Someone from the IFA3 team messaged me and told me to delete all the landmines in the mission. Once I did this it was fixed.

I can even add the landmines back and it stays fixed.

I have no idea why this works, but thanks to @.kju for providing this information to me.

Sorry for splattering this problem all over your topic when it was an IFA3 issue, but I really couldn't tell. The landmines were about the only IFA3 objects in the entire mission so I assumed it was a FOW problem with the new update. I never would have thought of doing this in a million years.

Hopefully this info helps someone else who is searching on Google for an answer to this bizarre problem.

Thanks to all of you who offered your assistance.

• Thanks 1

HELP. I recently just updated Faces of war to the latest version, now when I launch the game (even just using CAB and FOW) all the games uniform textures, including the vanilla textures are very low quality and I can't figure out a fix. Please help Thanks

On 8. 8. 2018 at 11:52 AM, maclennan said:

HELP. I recently just updated Faces of war to the latest version, now when I launch the game (even just using CAB and FOW) all the games uniform textures, including the vanilla textures are very low quality and I can't figure out a fix. Please help Thanks

Get to ArmA3 seting and fix the settings :D 

On 11/08/2018 at 6:03 AM, petrtlach said:

Get to ArmA3 seting and fix the settings :D 

Yeah I fixed it , my arma crashed and it reset all my profile settings but I didn't realize. Thanks though :P 

• Haha 1

Sten Mk2 is fucked up. When it's gonna be fixed?

3 minutes ago, Cullin said:

Care to clarify what is actually wrong with it? As to when, well as soon as the mod developers are able to i would imagine. After all addon making is a hobby.

The gun's stock isn't touching the shooter's shoulder like it is supposed to. This screenshot tells you all.

0ED5E4D729497803D8D008790C40C4BF9BCBF441

1 hour ago, Cullin said:

The gun's stock isn't touching the shooter's shoulder like it is supposed to. This screenshot tells you all.

0ED5E4D729497803D8D008790C40C4BF9BCBF441

And? I  this not see as bug. If you can FoW help, work at handanimation. This know very few people. 

9 hours ago, Cullin said:

In other words, it's working fine, but it's missing a proper animation. If you have any experience with making animations for A3, I am sure FoW Team will be more than welcome to port it in game.

And for future reference, please have some more respect when commenting here, for the sake of developers and other users. :)

• Like 5

9 hours ago, petrtlach said:

And? I  this not see as bug. If you can FoW help, work at handanimation. This know very few people. 

I've seen a few mods with tiny guns where it seems like the character has it pulled in tighter so the stock is against their shoulder. Not sure how they did it, but I know it's possible. Good luck to whoever attempts it. Maybe ask some of the other mod teams like the guys from UNSUNG or RHS. They might know a way.

4 hours ago, pognivet said:

I've seen a few mods with tiny guns where it seems like the character has it pulled in tighter so the stock is against their shoulder. Not sure how they did it, but I know it's possible. Good luck to whoever attempts it. Maybe ask some of the other mod teams like the guys from UNSUNG or RHS. They might know a way.

But this mods haven animators. Weapons animation its another work as hand oro ther animation. I know its posible. But not at 100%

2BezCCv.jpg

• Like 2

Tha main "problem" with the sten is that A3 is not really friendly with weapons without a grip. if you move the weapon closer to the shoulder, the wrist will be in a "broken" position. Sadly this is how A3 hand animations works, we had to choose between giving the character a right weapon's position but a broken wrist or a "wrong" weapon position but an "okay" hand position

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, giallustio said:

Tha main "problem" with the sten is that A3 is not really friendly with weapons without a grip. if you move the weapon closer to the shoulder, the wrist will be in a "broken" position. Sadly this is how A3 hand animations works, we had to choose between giving the character a right weapon's position but a broken wrist or a "wrong" weapon position but an "okay" hand position

People from comunity this not know.. :/ 

These guys are amazing. The Pacific side of the war I have to say was my favorite and mainly the naval combat involved. Iwo Jima and Okinawa were quite interesting and hope to see something related to it in one of the updates one day. All around amazing and the models are pretty awesome as well. Maybe even can see something like a Japanese destroyer in the future or something from the Americans to rain down some artillery on the island.

• Like 1