giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

The truth is that in my personal case instead of waiting for new factions or equipment, instead I want better and more varied maps set in WW2. I could not see with those that FoW account in their latest updates (armaholic is making it difficult to download) But in the case of the other available maps which are mostly in the IFA3 mod are too ... how to say it? Simple, they do not have much level of detail in their setting or the placement of structures, besides that most are too focused on a specific idea. It has maps to attack villas, very clear maps and urbanized maps, but they do not have any that have all these things in a balanced way and that is of an acceptable size to generate a good battlefield.
I am talking about having maps of minimum size 10x10 km that contain, villa, forests, urban centers, long, coast (if possible), aerodromes, plains, maps that can be used to house games of conquest and another type ALIVE or Liberation

• Confused 1

Maps like Altis or Chernarus set in the second war, that's what I mean .kju

4 hours ago, General Yudenich said:

So we will see italians in mod? I have seen some models of Italian Semovente in thread closed thread about the mod developing.

Not really confirmed but they showed us Italien weapons and tanks (wip though) and we also already got German camo for the Italien theatre :)

• Like 2

You do have a few italian mod team members my hopes are high and the Kingdom of Italy flag is in the logo :p

From what i've noticed the m41 uniform needs to be reworked slightly because in the mod it looks different than what i've seen in pictures.This is what i found online:

but then again im not a historian and i do not really know im just saying what i've noticed so pls don't flame me im just a ww2 noob is all.

2 hours ago, andrija5kovic said:

From what i've noticed the m41 uniform needs to be reworked slightly because in the mod it looks different than what i've seen in pictures.This is what i found online:

but then again im not a historian and i do not really know im just saying what i've noticed so pls don't flame me im just a ww2 noob is all.

There's nothing really wrong with the M41 model in the mod aside from the color.

12 hours ago, andrija5kovic said:

M41? you see M41 uniform? if know, FoW have M43 uniform.   

• Confused 1

FOW comes with the M41 jacket for the US infantry which is the one that was used on D-Day and during the battle for Normandy. Also Khaki is the correct colour for this time (Summer 1944). The M43 which came in the more olive green tone was issued more and more after the battle for France when reaching the borders of the German Reich. 

Also don't mix infantry gear up with the one used by Airborne units. Airborne units used the M42 jump suit during D-Day which is longer than the M41 jacket. Later on the M43 jacket was issued for both, infantry and airborne units since it was a lot better for bad weather conditions. This can nicely be seen when watching Band of Brothers :)

• Like 2

On 06/05/2018 at 7:39 PM, Private Evans said:

FOW comes with the M41 jacket for the US infantry which is the one that was used on D-Day and during the battle for Normandy. Also Khaki is the correct colour for this time (Summer 1944).

the original colour for the M41 is labelled "olive drab  no 3" (OD3), which is a lighter version of olive drab, not as dark as the m43(OD7) one but also not as bright as khaki; while m41s would tend to fade to a more beigeish colour and loses much of its green

Either way it should have colours similar to the m42 uniforms as they are also in OD3

khaki_od3_od7.jpg

khaki_4.jpg

• Like 1

How can you mute the chatter of soldiers?

Its strange hearing the SS or Wehrmacht talking english and there are allready german voice profiles.

I tried the module, but this didnt work. Thanks in advance.

Its strange hearing the SS or Wehrmacht talking english and there are allready german voice profiles.
You can probably change the voice from the attributes of individual soldiers and use the German one if you have ifa, that way they will speak German

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

did that and they have german voices, but the american fow chatter is also there. 

4 hours ago, mrsandbox said:

They should be mute by default, otherwise it's a bug. Are you using any other mod?

yea using many other mods. maybe u can test it with FOW only? 

great mod by the way and thanks for the hard work...!

Just wanted to congrats mod authors for the best WW2 mod I ever played.

• Like 1

hey guys, you could take a look at the download site on armaholic, I've been trying to download from there for weeks and the download always fails at 160 mb. I can not use steam that's why I use armaholic

I'm working on a new terrain project:

Iwo-Jima

( need Face of war for this terrain )

Alpha 2.0 => https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1394298731&searchtext=

Maj 21/12/2017 :

Mount Suribachi

20171221123122_1-53a5682.jpg

20171227175625_1-53ac5eb.jpg

Picture used for make this map : 

280px-Iwo_Jima_-_map.jpg

I take this opportunity to thank the team of Face of War that allowed me to use their objects to make this map.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Hi,

I have really enjoyed playing on the Henderson Airfield map.

I am having a look at Kokoda Trail, it looks fantastic, just a question for someone, is there a hilltop anywhere that is suitable for a very small Allied base or camp? I've spent some time looking over the map

for a suitable location to build a small/simple allied camp. The map has lots of jungle and hidden bunkers that I could spend many hours searching.

The bunkers on the map strike me as Japanese style fortifications with logs I was looking for a small area to set up for sandbag bunkers to set as a respawn point.

Hey everyone.  Great mod by the way.  My question relates to the ammo boxes.  Are there any for the British?  What are people using for ammo and weapon boxes?  Va?  Own scripts? How about supply drops?  Could / would anyone share their ideas or scripts please.  Thanks in advance

We're getting closer to the day! The Alamo releases June 9th on the Steam Workshop.

be on the lookout!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

https://imgur.com/a/MZKHjc6

The Alamo has been released! Find it here on the Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1405512571

See you on the battlefield!

• Like 5

Rank chevrons are missing on the right hand on those M42 uniforms. Also the unit insignia (SSI) should be about ½ inch below the shoulder seam. It is way too low at the moment. Rank chevron should be ½ inches below the unit patch. 

Any plans to add more rank chevrons below the SSG? Would be cool to have those, also subdued ones. And M43 uniforms!

• Like 2

@Cullin there is a mod that was released recently that has M43's(Leg Infantry), Modified M43's for AB troops, and HBT's in it, with ranks private to full colonel.  Also a ton of other stuff(More geared towards post Normandy missions).  M42's will come down the line with ranks pvt to col so be patient.:f:  Here is the link to the mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1399447232&searchtext=

• Like 1

On 18/6/2018 at 3:53 AM, bigstone said:

@Cullin there is a mod that was released recently that has M43's(Leg Infantry), Modified M43's for AB troops, and HBT's in it, with ranks private to full colonel.  Also a ton of other stuff(More geared towards post Normandy missions).  M42's will come down the line with ranks pvt to col so be patient.:f:  Here is the link to the mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1399447232&searchtext=

And in Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=34091&highlight=US%2BGENERAL%2BEQUIPMENT%2BAND%2BACCESSORIES%2B%28WW