giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

Thanks for the fixes.

BTW: Anyone knows where to find some co-op missions for this mod?

Searched but came up empty...

• Like 1

Sorry for all the questions but here comes another one...

Anyone done (or planning to do) a config file for Robalo's ASR-AI. If not I wonder if a list of all classes in FOW is available somewhere?

How common it was among US paratroopers to leave the chin strap open? I've been looking some images recently and you rarely see the chin traps fastened (outside of parachuting and training). Of course that might be due the fact that the photos have been taken mostly outside of combat, but on the other hand when you look the pictures of i.e. British paratroopers they tend to have their chin traps fastened all the time. It also seems many people removed the multi-point retention straps, even though to my eyes it looks somewhat more comfortable than the simple two-point straps. To my knowledge, the regular M1 helmet wobbled around a lot and the chin straps didn't always help that, but instead made the helmet feel even more awkward and uncomfortable to some people, so they preferred to leave them unfastened / fasten them over the back rim of the helmet.

If that is the case with M2 helmets too, will we see few more variants with open straps / without multi-point retention straps / straps fastened over the back rim of the helmet? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaniini said:

How common it was among US paratroopers to leave the chin strap open? I've been looking some images recently and you rarely see the chin traps fastened (outside of parachuting and training). Of course that might be due the fact that the photos have been taken mostly outside of combat, but on the other hand when you look the pictures of i.e. British paratroopers they tend to have their chin traps fastened all the time. It also seems many people removed the multi-point retention straps, even though to my eyes it looks somewhat more comfortable than the simple two-point straps. To my knowledge, the regular M1 helmet wobbled around a lot and the chin straps didn't always help that, but made it actually feel even more awkward and uncomfortable to some people, so they preferred to leave them unfastened / fasten them over the back rim of the helmet.

If that is the case with M2 helmets too, will we see more a few more variants with open straps / without multi-point retention straps / straps fastened over the back rim of the helmet? 

The first generations of M1 helmets didn't include breakaway straps for when a helmet is forced off your head (For example by explosive shockwaves) which resulted in some men having their necks broken/heads blown off

This is the reason most of the images you see of American troops they don't wear their chin straps! (It was fixed quite rapidly but by that time the PR damage had been done and no one wanted to wear chin straps)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheLimbo365 said:

The first generations of M1 helmets didn't include breakaway straps for when a helmet is forced off your head (For example by explosive shockwaves) which resulted in some men having their necks broken/heads blown off

This is the reason most of the images you see of American troops they don't wear their chin straps! (It was fixed quite rapidly but by that time the PR damage had been done and no one wanted to wear chin straps)

That is an another reason, true. I left it out, because even after the World War II some people preferred not to wear straps with M1 helmets and (to my knowledge) the myth was not a contributing factor anymore — comfort was — and I did not know which factor was more significant in World War II. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheLimbo365 said:

Thanks for the "lesson", didn't know that. Very interesting and you learn something new each day :)

• Like 1

Post this same concern in the post of IFA3_AIO_LITE but I think that being Faces of War a mod that until now does a better job in the modeling and texturing of all its content, this may be interesting.

I have a subject or rather observation. There is something that does not convince me with the uniforms of the Americans. I have used as references several historical films, documentaries and finally in CoD WWII, the issue is that we only have the uniform that was mostly used in the campaigns of Africa and Italy, I refer to the one that is yellow or khaki on top and darker in the pants. But I noticed that especially in the Normandy campaign was used mostly or as an additional element a jacket or shirt (I'm not sure) which was longer and far beyond the level of the waist and was more greenish than yellow

Here I leave some images of WWII to see the example of said uniform

Reveal hidden contents

Here are the current FOW uniforms
107410_screenshots_2016040815082.jpg

Here are the current IFA3 uniforms

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma
Here we can see both examples: IFA3 and FoW on the right and uniform of Normandy on the left.

vlcsnap-2017-11-08-19h54m24s277.png?fit=

Now more example of said uniform

maxresdefault.jpg

landscape-1493388592-screenshot-2017-04-

hqdefault.jpg

call_od_duty_ww2-1152x639.jpg

Without further hope that we can see in the future some work on this subject, thank you very much.

With the mod FOW you have another uniform with a jacket "M 41", like that of the movie "saving private ryan":
https://imgur.com/a/iYPs4ph
In fact, this is the uniform of the landing of June 6, overall speaking and the photos of time, in Normandy, there are many who do not have suspends, but I still decided to add, for a question of visibility.
The uniform that you show, the "M 37" is more intended for a Mediterranean-type country, such as Italy, or North Africa.

• Like 1

@Yurichenco What you see being used in COD WWII is an M1943 field jacket, which was very rarely (if ever) worn in Normandy. In Normandy they primarily wore the M41 jacket and the M37 shirt underneath it. You usually see M1943s being worn towards the end of 1944 and after, but even then many guys still wore the M41.

If I was you I wouldn't use Call of Duty (or any video game, really) as a reference when discussing these kinds of things. 

Spoiler

3oZidmt.jpg

HfxmTFJ.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zhivets said:

@Yurichenco  If I was you I wouldn't use Call of Duty (or any video game, really) as a reference when discussing these kinds of things. 

Reveal hidden contents

Agreed, especially using the new Call Of Duty WW2 to back up a point about historical accuracy undermines your argument man.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, khaosmatical said:

Agreed, especially the new Call Of Duty WW2 to back up a point about historical accuracy undermines your argument man.

If I know, I was not too convinced to use CoD WWII images to explain what I wanted, but it was the only reference I remembered about this at this time. I do not give much credit to what is shown in that game ... especially after meeting a German soldier in full disembarking Nomrandia carrying a Soviet-made PPsh-41 WTF !!?

Anyway, I may have given you a bad approach and I apologize if it was like that, I do not say that the current content is bad at all, I only mean that they could add a little more divergence among the soldiers by adding this report also already that ... well, I can say that to a lesser extent than the M41 but also among the infantry, is not it?

2 hours ago, lodu said:

With the mod FOW you have another uniform with a jacket "M 41", like that of the movie "saving private ryan":
https://imgur.com/a/iYPs4ph
In fact, this is the uniform of the landing of June 6, overall speaking and the photos of time, in Normandy, there are many who do not have suspends, but I still decided to add, for a question of visibility.
The uniform that you show, the "M 37" is more intended for a Mediterranean-type country, such as Italy, or North Africa.

About this, I was looking like crazy a picture of that uniform M41 in FoW but I could not find any so I had to use the M37 instead but in reality I was referring to the M41 (which I repeat, is not that badly done or historically located !) The point is that severely the uniform I'm talking about is the M43 in green

no problem: I understood the meaning of your questioning.  :)

• Like 1

Great job, guys! First of all, I would like to thank you for such a great contribution to ARMA 3 mod community and ask you a few questions.

1. Do you plan to add new vehicles for The Japanese Imperial army? (like Chi-Ha, Chi-Nu. so forth)

2. You will be adding to the mod anti-tank guns and if so what Nations?

Thank you in advance for your answers, gentlemen and good luck in development this gorgeous mod!

P.S. Sorry for the translate i'm from Russia

• Like 2

On 4/24/2018 at 9:57 AM, Yurichenco said:

Post this same concern in the post of IFA3_AIO_LITE but I think that being Faces of War a mod that until now does a better job in the modeling and texturing of all its content, this may be interesting.

I have a subject or rather observation. There is something that does not convince me with the uniforms of the Americans. I have used as references several historical films, documentaries and finally in CoD WWII, the issue is that we only have the uniform that was mostly used in the campaigns of Africa and Italy, I refer to the one that is yellow or khaki on top and darker in the pants. But I noticed that especially in the Normandy campaign was used mostly or as an additional element a jacket or shirt (I'm not sure) which was longer and far beyond the level of the waist and was more greenish than yellow

Without further hope that we can see in the future some work on this subject, thank you very much.

Call of duty should never ever EVER be something you use as a resource for basing equipment or weapons off of. COD is notoriously inaccurate about like, everything. What we have in arma 3 with FOW is accurate. In COD WWII, they basically just wear that stuff cuz it looks more badass.

On 4/24/2018 at 11:37 AM, Yurichenco said:

I do not give much credit to what is shown in that game ... especially after meeting a German soldier in full disembarking Nomrandia carrying a Soviet-made PPsh-41 WTF !!?

Oddly enough, thats not entirely improbable. basically all sides involved in the war were known to use whatever they could get a hold of. whenever one military seized a lot of equipment, even from the enemy, they'd often distribute and use it. the german forces that were stationed in normandy were kind of lower-priority units because we tricked them in to thinking they would not have to worry about normandy, so I could see captured soviet weapons being given to lowly garrison out there. I'm going to bet that they were not thinking of that when they made the game though.

• Like 1

from an article in French, on the subject concerning the Normandy Front: (google translation)

There were Osttruppen (Eastern troops) and Ostlegionnen (Eastern Legions) made up of foreign volunteers, most of them Red Army (Russian and non-Russian) deserters or former recruits, but also other volunteers from very far away countries. They were lightly equipped, often with Soviet capture material, and generally placed in defense or used in law enforcement operations in the occupied territories.

credit: http://www.forumpro.fr/t149-les-osttruppen-for-the-bataille-de-normandie

@General Yudenich

Thank you for your comments :)

The Japanese assets come from the HIP mod (except the characters) and for now, I do not think there are any other additions, unless a motivated modder decides to create them, but it's not the case, I think.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Yurichenco said:

Do you plan to add material from the Soviet front at some point?

Im sure there will be things to come, IFa3 has a treasure chest of soviet equipment in the mean time, I think in the mean time they want to flesh out and polish the already existing factions, but when they do get ready to introduce another one I am personally hoping for Italy I saw a mab 38 a few pages back and my imagination has been running wild since.

On 30/4/2018 at 7:16 PM, yevgeni89 said:

Im sure there will be things to come, IFa3 has a treasure chest of soviet equipment in the mean time, I think in the mean time they want to flesh out and polish the already existing factions, but when they do get ready to introduce another one I am personally hoping for Italy I saw a mab 38 a few pages back and my imagination has been running wild since.

fy7EfVk.jpg

Is not to criticize, but put to add things that were useless in WW2 because we do not add a map of the Maginot line in France? Lol (in just a joke)

france-maginot-line-paris-is-in-fra-occu

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Question is, if they will add Greece though!!??

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terry123 said:

Question is, if they will add Greece though!!??

I can imagine that we will see Greek units using British gear fighting during the Italien campaign.

• Like 3

So we will see italians in mod? I have seen some models of Italian Semovente in thread closed thread about the mod developing.

• Like 1

And what about so and not ported Japanese tanks in game from HiP mod? I mean Type 94 Te-Ke.