giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

Before speaking of respect Mr moderator,show some respect for italians that fought in WWII,so before saying MAB shooted spaghetti ammo people should think twice.

And don't climb mirrors with the mixing weapons thing...i said that whenever soldiers could choose between Sten and Mab they always choose the MAB,there are tons of report in italy and a lot of pictures of german units using MAB in france in '44.

It's history the same fact as on the eastern front lot of axis troops preferred the PPSH over their mp40 in urban fight,but i've not heard someone saying PPSH shooted i don't know vodka bullets...why people have to mock only the italians?pay some respect

2 hours ago, zio sam said:

why people have to mock only the italians?pay some respect

I think you're over-reacting a bit about the whole mocking thing. Every Allied country had a dig at each other and had a laugh about it (unless that's just a Aussie thing). and to be fair a vodka bullet would be better than a spaghetti bullet ;) It's a joke not a dick don't take it so hard.

And choosing one weapon over another comes down to personal preference. Can't say they'd always choose a MAB over a Sten. While the Sten did have it's issues it still kicked ass. I'd say a Owen gun would be picked over both...but that just a preference 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Unleashthepain said:

I'd say a Owen gun would be picked over both...but that just a preference 

I'll drink to that!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zio sam said:

Before speaking of respect Mr moderator,show some respect for italians that fought in WWII,so before saying MAB shooted spaghetti ammo people should think twice.

And don't climb mirrors with the mixing weapons thing...i said that whenever soldiers could choose between Sten and Mab they always choose the MAB,there are tons of report in italy and a lot of pictures of german units using MAB in france in '44.

It's history the same fact as on the eastern front lot of axis troops preferred the PPSH over their mp40 in urban fight,but i've not heard someone saying PPSH shooted i don't know vodka bullets...why people have to mock only the italians?pay some respect

Maybe you should go back and check and see if I typed any spaghetti comments. And pretty much like @Unleashthepain said not EVERYONE would choose the mab over the sten. I am respectful to the people that are respectful back to me.

Now everyone shut it down, we have turned this thread into a fighting ring because people dont like friendly debates.

• Like 2

hmmm if there is a mab, perhaps hopes for a carcano m38, or a modello 30 in future :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

And pretty much like @Unleashthepain said not EVERYONE would choose the mab over the sten.
--snip--
we have turned this thread into a fighting ring because people dont like friendly debates.

I'd like to keep a friendly debate going on, it's intresting. If not here, on a pm group with some of you guys. Anyway even partisans preferred the Sten for hit and run operations, because it was way more lighter and compact compared to the MAB, making it more suitable for raids. It had its problems, like feed failures or overheating, but MK.V solved some of the issues and managed to make it a more reliable weapon. Bear in mind that Sten guns were produced fast, in an attempt to replace lost weapons and they did a really good job. The MAB was a great weapon, reliable and very accurate even at 100-150 meters, some german units (especially FSJ and SS) used and appreciated it, referring to it as a really well manifactured weapon. But it was heavy and bulky, that's undeniable. One of the reasons why many people would choose a Sten over it, it's weight. Why would I carry 5 kgs when I could carry 3,5 kgs?

12 hours ago, zio sam said:

i said that whenever soldiers could choose between Sten and Mab they always choose the MAB

Italian_para_with_sten.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, red_spring said:

I'd like to keep a friendly debate going on, it's intresting. If not here, on a pm group with some of you guys. Anyway even partisans preferred the Sten for hit and run operations, because it was way more lighter and compact compared to the MAB, making it more suitable for raids. It had its problems, like feed failures or overheating, but MK.V solved some of the issues and managed to make it a more reliable weapon. Bear in mind that Sten guns were produced fast, in an attempt to replace lost weapons and they did a really good job. The MAB was a great weapon, reliable and very accurate even at 100-150 meters, some german units (especially FSJ and SS) used and appreciated it, referring to it as a really well manifactured weapon. But it was heavy and bulky, that's undeniable. One of the reasons why many people would choose a Sten over it, it's weight. Why would I carry 5 kgs when I could carry 3,5 kgs?

Thank you for taking your time to look at all the facts and present a neutral point of view. Thank you for brining the facts right here for everyone to read and thank you for clearly stating that the MAB would NOT be 100% of the time picked over the sten for the reasons you very clearly stated.

A great "non biased" comment!

Thank you @red_spring!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

Thank you for taking your time to look at all the facts and present a neutral point of view. Thank you for brining the facts right here for everyone to read and thank you for clearly stating that the MAB would NOT be 100% of the time picked over the sten for the reasons you very clearly stated.

A great "non biased" comment!

Thank you @red_spring!

No problem at all! All I did was a small research and look at some photos, I could've posted more facts, but I think the most important are here for everyone to read. Even if the MAB is a great weapon, it had its drawbacks, as did the Sten, as did the PPSH, as did the MP40 and every other weapon used in WW2. No reason to get mad over it, by keeping it civil we can share knowledge and have a nice discussion to kill some time. In the end, it's all a matter of personal preference (at least for us, the ones who fought didn't really have a choice).

• Like 4

throwing my hat into the debate cause its interesting. I have read two books from the Sherwood and Nottingham rangers (By tank into Normandy, and Tank Action) both of which are by tank commanders. in both books they mention ditching their stens for German Mp40's as soon as possible.  Also in both books they talk about the same incident in which a fellow tank commander jumped into his hatch and dropped his sten which discharged and blew his throat out. Its not the first time i've read of Sten's discharging after being knocked or bashed. The point about the stens being made to quickly replenish lost stocks is the key to everything here. the MAB and the Sten are designed for completely different circumstances. If we hadn't lost France, then maybe the Sten would never have existed and a more precision designed weapon might have emerged from the British. If i had to chose, i probably would pick the MAB, maybe just for the samurai vest (nickname for the ammo vest that the paras had), but one key point that could tip it for the Sten is the Warsaw uprising. Because i have heard tails of the poles making homemade stens from designs smuggled to them by the british. 

• Like 5

The MAB is a much better designed weapon, heavier, but a quality weapon, I like that it had two triggers for semi and auto 

5 hours ago, ActionIdiot said:

throwing my hat into the debate cause its interesting. I have read two books from the Sherwood and Nottingham rangers (By tank into Normandy, and Tank Action) both of which are by tank commanders. in both books they mention ditching their stens for German Mp40's as soon as possible.  Also in both books they talk about the same incident in which a fellow tank commander jumped into his hatch and dropped his sten which discharged and blew his throat out. Its not the first time i've read of Sten's discharging after being knocked or bashed. The point about the stens being made to quickly replenish lost stocks is the key to everything here. the MAB and the Sten are designed for completely different circumstances. If we hadn't lost France, then maybe the Sten would never have existed and a more precision designed weapon might have emerged from the British. If i had to chose, i probably would pick the MAB, maybe just for the samurai vest (nickname for the ammo vest that the paras had), but one key point that could tip it for the Sten is the Warsaw uprising. Because i have heard tails of the poles making homemade stens from designs smuggled to them by the british. 

Yeah, I'm 100% with you, Sten's purpose was to quickly replenish british stocks after Dunkirk. British officers didn't even feel the need for a smg, they usually said that a trained rifleman is more than enough. They even referred to smgs as "gangster weapons" (or at least, that's what I heard). It was easy and fast to produce, you can tell by the simple design and by the tendency to overheat or jam or even discharge after being knocked. If the Brits had more time, I'm sure they would come up with something better. I heard about the poles too, I don't know if it's true though, but it might be, it would be credible enough if they did.
I'd probably choose the MAB too, for its accuracy and reliability, but if I have to run and gun then I'd probably go for the Sten.

4 hours ago, yevgeni89 said:

The MAB is a much better designed weapon, heavier, but a quality weapon, I like that it had two triggers for semi and auto 

The MAB was incredibly well made and mantained a high production standard during the entire duration of the war, regardless of costs and the fact that we were losing the war. They managed to speed up the production process, at the cost of quality but other stuff got improved too, like weight reduction and improved barrel cooling.

• Like 3

Hi,just downloaded this today and have been mightily impressed guys at the detail that's gone into this,but I am struggling to get the US forces which are by default put into the ' Independent ' side to battle with the Japs/Germans,......please tell me,am I doing something wrong ?

13 minutes ago, edstraker said:

Hi,just downloaded this today and have been mightily impressed guys at the detail that's gone into this,but I am struggling to get the US forces which are by default put into the ' Independent ' side to battle with the Japs/Germans,......please tell me,am I doing something wrong ?

You need to go into scenario settings and change the independent enemy settings to make sure that they are enemies to the faction the people you want them to fight are in

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, edstraker said:

You'll need to open the 'Attributes' then 'General' tab in Eden and change Independent from friendly with Blufor to Hostile,that'll sort it for you bud.

Regards Hawk.

• Like 2

Gents,thank you very much indeed......I thought my download had gone haywire,lol,your help is very much appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Question - I searched this thread and I see mention of a generic voice module - do any of the factions have voice enabled ? I was surprised to find out how much I rely on feedback from my AI squad ? I keep walking into ambushes now - it's WAY harder...

:f:

Regards,

Scott

Quick question guys, My mission is basically done. I recently spoke with some people on forums and they spoke about how some scripts should only run server side. My question is if I have a script that spawns a squad on a marker then sets them on a way point. Should it be ran by clients or server side only? Thanks!

10 minutes ago, TheNachoGuy said:

Quick question guys, My mission is basically done. I recently spoke with some people on forums and they spoke about how some scripts should only run server side. My question is if I have a script that spawns a squad on a marker then sets them on a way point. Should it be ran by clients or server side only? Thanks!

Server side bud...

if (isServer) then {SCRIPTCODE};

Will do the job for you.

Regards Hawk.

7 minutes ago, hawk_silk said:

Server side bud...

if (isServer) then {SCRIPTCODE};

Will do the job for you.

Regards Hawk.

thanks

I'm hoping that a Peleliu terrain will be available in the near future,like the one we had in Arma 2 Hell In The Pacific,and some amtracs wouldn't go a miss please ed.

Hello folks!

Just want to inform your about @majorboggies project called "War Is Hell".

Influenced by Band of Brothers, Brothers in Arms, old Call of Duty games and other sources he has come up with a 7 mission campaign that will take you through eyes of three different soldiers from three different units. Currenty we are doing some finishing touches on first/second mission, depends how you look at it, and working on third and fourth mission. At this point campaign will only be focused on the story so don't expect COOP/MP version in the first release.

Contents:  

• Custom voices and sounds
  • AI can revive eachother
  • Ambient battles
  • Interacton with other soldiers in scenario
  • etc.

First or "Tutorial" mission will get you into the game by guiding you through British training camp and get you known with WW2 weapons and vehicles. Tutorial mission will be released in the near future for the public and rest of the campaign will be released as whole.

Video cut from "Operation Neptune" mission that is still WIP (Ps got some issuses while recording so flak sounds are not heard, will be updated in playable version.)

• Like 9

I have now finished the mission "Terror of Tarawa Part 2" and have published it to the workshop for the public!

While waiting on the next update of faces of war hop on my mission to have some fun in your free time. Best to be played with friends but you can play it by your self.

Take a look guys!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1098071789

-Thanks hope you guys like it!

• Like 1

Just wanted to stop by and show my support for the mod. Its amazing!

On a side note, "Jap" is still considered an ethnic slur and is pretty offensive. Its not that hard to write "Japanese".

5 hours ago, tokyoindia said:

On a side note, "Jap" is still considered an ethnic slur and is pretty offensive. Its not that hard to write "Japanese".

I personally don't see how it's any different from calling a British person a Brit, an Australian an Aussie, or a New Zealander a Kiwi. I certainly don't think anybody here intends to cause any offense to Japanese people with its usage. 

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Zhivets said:

I personally don't see how it's any different from calling a British person a Brit, an Australian an Aussie, or a New Zealander a Kiwi.

Agreed, Aussie's and Kiwi's is all you'll hear down here from tourists, don't see us kicking up a shit storm. Jap really only became derogatory during WWII,, Plus i'd say Nip or Tojo would be more offensive words to use....
People get to easily offended these days....need to chill out, have a  beer and enjoy the world of ARMA

coight.gif

• Like 8