giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

36 minutes ago, Błażej Bujacz said:

Recording some ku*was and other sounds you need won't be a problem. :D

:yeahthat:   ku*** - the best way to reduce psychic tension during battle.

^That is the Central-Eastern European version of "tennóheikabanzai" and "allahakbar". :D

53 minutes ago, tpM said:

^That is the Central-Eastern European version of "tennóheikabanzai" and "allahakbar". :D

Rather something like: Perkele! Fuck! Scheiße! Блядь!

P.S. Sorry for vulgar words. I didn’t want to offend anyone. I quoted them, to give an example. :sorry:

• Like 2

Hmm, different languages and/or cultures have a very different concept or "style" of swearing words. 

Germans e.g. use "fecal style" words like Scheiße or Mist for general swearing in a bad situation AND for personal insults. But the "sexual style" words like the equivalent of "kurwa", which is translated as "Votze" or "Schlampe" in German, are only ever used as personal insults. 

Please tell me you plan on making the Bayonet do damage. The desire to make a mission for my community where they do a Banzai charge is growing quickly

• Like 2

On 08/06/2017 at 10:59 PM, giallustio said:

We're looking for mission makers tho ;)

I'm working on some "layforce" missions soon to be uploaded to the steam :)

However could I ask do you guys have any plans on making british tropical attire ie the silly bushhats the aussies wore and the shorts/socks combo? :)

Also the Short Magazine Lee–Enfield Mk I and Thompson M1928? At the moment i've resorted to using the IF tommy gun but it would be great to have the Mk1 and a superior quailty M1928 for 1939/40 Infantry and commando forces.

• Like 1

hey if you guys need help with tank models then why dont you use War-Thunder as a frame of reference im not saying steal assets im just saying use them as a frame of point not saying steal assets but War-thunder is pretty accurate with there tank models also just wanna say this one more time to make it clear not saying steal assets.

• Like 1

On 27/06/2017 at 3:03 AM, Eogos said:

Please tell me you plan on making the Bayonet do damage. The desire to make a mission for my community where they do a Banzai charge is growing quickly

Arma engine wouldnt be able to handle that

2 hours ago, gangman18 said:

hey if you guys need help with tank models then why dont you use War-Thunder as a frame of reference im not saying steal assets im just saying use them as a frame of point not saying steal assets but War-thunder is pretty accurate with there tank models also just wanna say this one more time to make it clear not saying steal assets.

Hey if you want help you know you can use- I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR I'M NOT SAYING STEAL ASSETS

+1 man but looking at real life pictures compared to something like "war thunder" is more reliable seeing as some of those games despite wanting complete realism do get some stuff like placement and proportion wrong (even if it's only very very slightly) on some things, better not to take that chance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Arma engine wouldnt be able to handle that

we had them in arma 2 in a module i wrote, with rifle butt, bayonet and knife stab and throw.

Once it's done for unsung i will gift it to Giallustio.

• Like 11

Good on you Eggbeast,

Good to see that collaboration and co-operation is still alive between mod teams. Will be great to see your melee combat module come to fruition.

• Like 5

we just gifted Giallustio our kar98k with bayonet and scope so he can take some parts for his kar98.

other community members paid for it, so it's nice to pass it on to a dedicated mod team like this one.

• Like 12

You're a cool dude Eggbeast.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

Good on you Eggbeast,

Good to see that collaboration and co-operation is still alive between mod teams. Will be great to see your melee combat module come to fruition.

I have never come across any forum, in any field, where there is so much co-operation and exchange of what is, frequently, commercially-valuable content.

Kudos to the ArmA mod community :)

• Like 1

there are some things we simply cannot share due to historical agreements, and it's amazing how pissy some people get about that, assuming that we have some kind of choice in the matter. But with FoW and Hell in the Pacific mod, and even PRACS we've had some great exchanges and mutual support

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

there are some things we simply cannot share due to historical agreements, and it's amazing how pissy some people get about that, assuming that we have some kind of choice in the matter. But with FoW and Hell in the Pacific mod, and even PRACS we've had some great exchanges and mutual support

Sure, one must absolutely respect the stated wishes of other content creators. The magical thing here is that so many people share so openly :)

love the mod guys

it would be relay cool if you and some prototype weapons such as the Em2 Rifle

4 minutes ago, uile-bheist said:

love the mod guys

it would be relay cool if you and some prototype weapons such as the Em2 Rifle

Eh!?! Put a prototype Bullpup Rifle from the 50's into a WW2 mod?!? You Loco Man?!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Digger James said:

Eh!?! Put a prototype Bullpup Rifle from the 50's into a WW2 mod?!? You Loco Man?!

it started development in 1946 and it would be nice to have

29 minutes ago, uile-bheist said:

it started development in 1946 and it would be nice to have

still post-war, don't get me wrong, wouldn't mind seeing "if WW2 went on" be explored/turned into a mod.

• Like 2

I think that would go well with Arma's 2035 setting - flying saucers, lazor guns, Tesla's death ray etc.

Edit: MAUS TOO!!!!! how could i forgot?

• Like 8

alternate history...

I do not know if this would be welcome, even if the idea is interesting?

Faces of War: Futures of War DLC!!!!!

Fight mechanized techno-nazis in flying saucers with wood-furnished laser bullpups!!!!!

I'd actually enjoy seeing it. I could just play Wolfenstein though I guess.

• Like 2