giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

9 hours ago, Laqueesha said:

Just discovered this mod and I love it, great work. Very high quality and accurate, and it's free to boot. A suggestion: You should add patches to the U.S. Army soldiers, like 101st Airborne and Rangers.

There is already a mod with all this in, its IFA3 Lite :) 

• Like 1

Beautiful update but are the Stg44 sounds actually changed? They sound the same to me.

43 minutes ago, Zantza said:

Beautiful update but are the Stg44 sounds actually changed? They sound the same to me.

Apparently there was a mistake during building.

It ought to sound like this: 

Not sure if that get's a hotfix.

Sorry guys. :\

• Like 1

Hi guys , quick question regarding the 88. I understand this version is not technically " Artillery" . However i was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get it to point its barrel up in the air and have it fire constantly. Possibly at an invisible target or something , just to give the illusion of it behaving like artillery? I managed to get it to have infinite ammo via an event handler thingy ( not very savvy when it comes to code and scripting) but I dont know of anyway to have it aim its barrel up and fire continuosly... Any help would be greatly appreciated , cheers! 

i remember in arma 2 there was an old trick with putting an invisible helipad in the sky and getting them to target it. I'll see if i can dig it up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ActionIdiot said:

i remember in arma 2 there was an old trick with putting an invisible helipad in the sky and getting them to target it. I'll see if i can dig it up.

If you could mate I would really appreciate that ! 

yup worked it out. so basically how you do it is throw down a flack. then pop an invisible helipad in the sky. then you put a trigger on the flack so that the flack activates it by being present. in the on activation part you want to put:

G1 doWatch T1

G1 is the flack name and T1 is the target. that gets it to look at the helipad like so

Spoiler

k6LwC9N.jpg

i believe that if you replace doWatch with doFire it should shoot at it. I'll give it a test and edit my post if it works.

Edit: Yeah no unfortunately DoFire doesn't  seem to want to work.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ActionIdiot said:

yup worked it out. so basically how you do it is throw down a flack. then pop an invisible helipad in the sky. then you put a trigger on the flack so that the flack activates it by being present. in the on activation part you want to put:

G1 doWatch T1

G1 is the flack name and T1 is the target. that gets it to look at the helipad like so

Reveal hidden contents

k6LwC9N.jpg

i believe that if you replace doWatch with doFire it should shoot at it. I'll give it a test and edit my post if it works.

Edit: Yeah no unfortunately DoFire doesn't  seem to want to work.

Try using:

FlakCannon forceWeaponFire [weaponState FlakCannon select 1,weaponState FlakCannon select 2];

replace "FlakCannon" with the name of your gun of course.

Regards Hawk.

• Like 2

Thanks guys , really appreciated . Also thanks for breaking it down in to steps that I can understand :) 

• Like 1

Hello Guys,

im JayDilla and i show you the first vehicles maked for the Fascist Army.

The CV33 or called L3/33 "Carro Veloce"

Still WIP.

Hope you like it

• Like 12

italians! i'm all excited again and i've not even gotten over yesterday yet.

• Like 1

Ecco u'n artista!

• Like 3

Thank you very much for the update. I'm very impressed. Lots of great quality assets. What's most pleased me - finally the AI shoot with insane ROF from MG42. Now MG42 sounds great, looks great and is a real barrier difficult to pass. For me, fantastic! I know that there may be some voices that AI too quickly dispose of all ammunition. But please do not change these settings. Now is great! At most you can consider shorter burst at the same ROF.

• Like 1

Some random/unsorted screenshots.

• Like 10

Great job guys, there's only a little issue with some weapons reload animation, like the M1A1 Thompson that is actually broken.

Hope you'll fix it soon!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, frost995 said:

Great job guys, there's only a little issue with some weapons reload animation, like the M1A1 Thompson that is actually broken.

Hope you'll fix it soon!

Make a list and send it to me please. With "broken" what you mean exactly?

4 hours ago, giallustio said:

Make a list and send it to me please. With "broken" what you mean exactly?

Sent as PM

hi, it's me again :)

haven't had time yet to test the new version, but if i find issues should i send you a pdf again, or would you prefer it in a different way?

and for the piat on back, maybe the bwmod has some kind of workaround?! they have their launchers carried diagonally on the back. maybe that could solve the issue...

with regards to the launchers i think you have to go in and edit the characters skeleton, which is why most mods haven't done it, if i remember correctly. Cause it has potential to go wrong.