giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

2 minutes ago, tpM said:

Heya,
I would like to highlight something from our upcoming update.

I'm sure that everyone who often plays single player or coop noticed that the AI's rate of fire can be kinda sloppy / slow. This phenomenon is most apparent on higher RoF weapons, such as our beloved MG-42. By default, the farther you (the listener) are from an AI unit, the slower their rate of fire becomes. We (our beloved Giallustio) managed to overcome this issue with a neat little scripted system. Here is the result:

Very nice! I am myself an SP player and I love this idea, great work :)

Nothing pisses me off more than low ROF of Mg42 in the Arma :g:. This issue spoils the whole atmosphere of the game :hang: 

Giallustio, If you'll fix it, I'll set you up a monument :don12:

• Like 3

OH MY GOD!!! when I watched that video I was jumpscared of the sorts! to be on the receiving end of that is terrifying!!! I LOVE IT!!!! (cackles like Dr.Richtofen) BA-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• Like 2

On 6/1/2017 at 1:49 PM, tpM said:

Heya,
I would like to highlight something from our upcoming update.

I'm sure that everyone who often plays single player or coop noticed that the AI's rate of fire can be kinda sloppy / slow. This phenomenon is most apparent on higher RoF weapons, such as our beloved MG-42. By default, the farther you (the listener) are from an AI unit, the slower their rate of fire becomes. We (our beloved Giallustio) managed to overcome this issue with a neat little scripted system. Here is the result:

Now the only limitation is your frame rate. :D

Dat audio?!

Best Ive heard

• Like 1

^

Haha thanks, well if everything goes as planned, the upcoming patch will have these new bullet/sonic crack effects and also some tweaks (both cfg and sample) for gunfire and maybe grenades too.

There will be a difference between the sound of pistol and rifle rounds, so a 9mm fired by an MP40 will have a milder "snap" effect, also I made a specific set of impact sounds for these weaker rounds for stone/concrete materials.

Last minute sound design FTW!

• Like 3

Sounds interesting :scratchchin:

don't mind the graphical bug / glowing front sight

• Like 9

LoL pretty much the only thing left IMHO is to replace the fugly "M16A2 birdcage" muzzle flash with realistic ones, akin to RHS and VTN :don8:

Made some adjustments to the MG-42 samples over 250 meters:

I believe it's better now. It's rate of fire comes off more accurately. It was using the BAR's sample for distances over 200 meters before, and that didn't work very well for such a great volume of fire.

Combined with the new sonic crack effects it's really close to the "cloth ripping" feel. :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tpM said:

I believe it's better now. It's rate of fire comes off more accurately. It was using the BAR's sample for distances over 200 meters before, and that didn't work very well for such a great volume of fire.

Combined with the new sonic crack effects it's really close to the "cloth ripping" feel. :)

Yeah I fairly certain if I ever heard this I would shit myself... :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tpM said:

Sounds really fantastic! I like an echo of the gunshots. Sonic crack effects just blow up ears and make gooseflesh. In your mod is something that deserves special praise: it is the attention to detail. Great job!

I have a question. How high is the rate of fire at last test?

^It's 1200 RPM.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tpM said:

^It's 1200 RPM.

Cool :yay::yay::yay:  Enough to stop dozens...

Some more videos:

Updated M1919 sounds:

And a crude "showcase" video for 3 new British weapons

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I would have never thought we would see a PIAT so early! Amazing stuff guys keep up the good work!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tpM said:

And a crude "showcase" video for 3 new British weapons

Wow! :wow_o: Revolver Webley, Blacker Bombard's cousin and MG Vickers. Webley sounds great, not like a toy. 

And what do you think about the PIAT's sound? In most games it is portrayed (sounds) like a cannon or rocket launcher... I tried to catch it's character with the large spring snapping and rattling, and the primer/ignition being just a muffled "pop". It's audible for ~50 meters.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

ah the good old Webley, providing officers the chance to blow their brains out in the mess after a faux pas. The PIAT i envisage many hours of fun with, same with the Vickers. The Webley i see many hours of me charging machine guns shouting Hurrah! as is only appropriate. All round sterling work guys, guess i'm gonna have to dig out the tin hat for the next update :smileee:

tpM, your piat sounds like a giant spring lobbing a shaped warhead...which it is, so i'd say good job!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tpM said:

And what do you think about the PIAT's sound? In most games it is portrayed (sounds) like a cannon or rocket launcher... I tried to catch it's character with the large spring snapping and rattling, and the primer/ignition being just a muffled "pop". It's audible for ~50 meters.

The PIAT sounds wonderful before you shot it I said to myself "I will be dissapointed if it sounds like a rocket launcher" but when I heard it....

oooh.gif

• Like 6

I know this feeling. I have the same reaction every time I look into the mirror. 8-)

Good then.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tpM said:

I know this feeling. I have the same reaction every time a look into the mirror. 8-)

Good then.

hahaha :D

• Like 2

2 more days till we hit the beach. Are you ready men?

• Like 6

2846835.jpg

2846716.jpg

2846727.jpg

Mod used :-

Face of War 

IFA3 AIO 

Immersion Cigs

Direone's Relax and No combat poses

• Like 10

Weather's looking pretty bad, will have to postpone the invasion to the 6th. But, in the mean time, we can watch this trailer.

Remember to be on the lookout on the Steam Workshop!

• Like 8