giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

Hi,
I shouldn't tell you this but it's Henderson Field / Guadalcanal.

Have a nice day.

• Like 4

Are you using Tanoa vegetation or default.

M1 Garand ejects 6 clips can you fix in next update...

Can you please make smaller peep hole because it way too big.

m1-sightpicture.gif

m1-garand-pov.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Arma3_JSOC said:

its mixed, 80% our and 20% Apex vegetation.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Cype_Revenge said:

In any case, it looks really impressive :eyeheart:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cype_Revenge said:

Awesome !!!  :eyeheart:

Sir, can enemy see through the vegetation ?

Sorry to ask, any plans in future to add transport aircraft, so we can jump with parachutes.

1 hour ago, Arma3_JSOC said:

Sorry to ask, any plans in future to add transport aircraft, so we can jump with parachutes.

IFA3 is adding transport aircraft in the next update.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arma3_JSOC said:

M1 Garand ejects 6 clips can you fix in next update...

Can you please make smaller peep hole because it way too big.

Please this and that, it's not that simple to make the "peep" hole smaller.

PLEASE don't tell the modders what to do, they are making this stuff and they'll make it the way they want to.

EIther here or on some other WW2 mod for arma 3 some guy pointed out everything that was "wrong" with the Garand and why it was "historically incorrect". Please, don't be that guy it's really difficult to model and remodel stuff.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Arma3_JSOC said:

normally no...

but we playing Arma, with this stupid AI its all possbile :drinking:

• Like 2

On 4/4/2017 at 7:46 AM, Alex150201 said:

Totally agree with you but for most of us we care about the overall look not specific little details. It differs from person to person. Hey maybe you should talk with them about being a historian in their team or something :D

I already did and they wont accept the help.  Can't fix everything I guess :D

Just now, warbirdguy1 said:

Maybe they already got someone :)

12 minutes ago, Alex150201 said:

Maybe they already got someone :)

Unfortunately whoever they got clearly has never become intimately familiar with these firearms, it seems to be based off google searching. Coming from the collector world I can tell you virtually anything you need to build correct M1 Rifles, M1 Carbines, all Arisaka Rifles, and M1918 BARs.  Other than the M1918 I have owned numerous examples of those arms, most notably five M1 rifles and fourteen Arisaka variants (bought and sold, not all at once) and have a database of parts and lot number references for those weapons.  The M1918 although I have not personally owned I have quite a bit of hands on experience with with both the  Ohio Ordinance SLR and an actual wartime automatic example through a historical reenactor unit.

I will post some photos of a correct grade M1 rifle for you in the future.  I the team ever decides to ever redo some weapons you will have them.

Edited by warbirdguy1
typos and fun
  • Like 1

you shouldn't take it too personal. the simple truth is that not everyone cares as much as you do, naturally. everyone has their special hobby or area of expertise. me for example, i'm ok at playing the guitar (used to be atleast). so most movies i can watch with enough suspension of disbelief. but then when i watch a movie about Django Reinhardt and see the actor randomly moving his fingers i cringe really hard. that's just how it is. i mean i bet you care less about the tank and the uniform models and how accurate they are, or atleast some other aspect you aren't that familiar with. imagine a botanist coming in here pointing out stuff wrong with all the vegetation models.

not everyone is a collector. i'd go as far as to say, most aren't. then add the fact that a mod like this requires making of a shit load of models and making them all perfectly accurate is just an unreasonable goal considering the first point and generally the work it'd take. then add the fact that you yourself acknowledge that all this would require redoing models and stuff. it's just not feasible just to please very few connoisseurs.

this kind of thing has popped up forever.

best you can do is as you said provide what you have and let it run its course. it's just a free mod for just a game. no need to get obsessive over details. gameplay is what matters most at the end of the day, and i'd say it matters close to the same for everyone..

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, warbirdguy1 said:

Unfortunately whoever they got clearly has never become intimately familiar with these firearms, it seems to be based off google searching. Coming from the collector world I can tell you virtually anything you need to build correct M1 Rifles, M1 Carbines, all Arisaka Rifles, and M1918 BARs.  Other than the M1918 I have owned numerous examples of those arms, most notably five M1 rifles and fourteen Arisaka variants (bought and sold, not all at once) and have a database of parts and lot number references for those weapons.  The M1918 although I have not personally owned I have quite a bit of hands on experience with with both the  Ohio Ordinance SLR and an actual wartime automatic example through a historical reenactor unit.

I will post some photos of a correct grade M1 rifle for you in the future.  I the team ever decides to ever redo some weapons you will have them.

Exactly what bad benson said, most of us don't really care as much for little details, we just want to have the general idea of how stuff looked. Modelling is extremely hard (atleast for me) and you really have to put time into making something look even "decent" so imagine what these guys are doing with all of their high quality models. Their Garand (and everything else in this mod) is a lot more than satisfying and much better than decent. If you showed me 2 Garands that were made 20 years apart even though with all their difference I wouldn't be able to tell them apart :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, warbirdguy1 said:

We already have all those rifles in game, so I don't really know what you could assist with since probably we're not gonna re-model a weapon when we can add something new.

As a side note, we had some bad experience with historians, not really sure why, probably because what Bed said, and reading your posts, it seems logic that the team declined your help 

• Like 8

Might one inquire as to what made you choose the Essex regiment for the British uniforms? I'm interested as to if it was a personal connection with one of the team or if it was a random selection or another reason, cause one of my Granddad's was drafted into the Essex regiment during the second world war, though he ended up in the RMP during the later stages of the battle for Germany. I've only recently started to research into them, as i'm tempted to make a few Arma missions based on them, and i'd love to read whatever you guys have about them or if you could point me in the right direction to source materials.

• Like 2

@ActionIdiot

I took at random the badges corresponding to this regiment, after it needed one. :)

• Like 3

@warbirdguy1

I am the one who modeled and textured the garand and as Bad Benson says, we can not dwell on small details, in a context of free mod, 

insofar as it is a question of a set of different creations that Must appear on the screen, so that you can play.
Which means that the sum of things to take into account is frightening and that if we were trying to make millimetric precision in everything we create, the mod would not be released until 2030. :)

I also have areas of expertise and interests, but they are limited and beyond that, when I create something I do not know, I do some research on the internet, of course, and I accumulate Documentation sometimes for hours, seeing days, especially because it is necessary to arrive at understand what the image shows and it is not always obvious, especially if the object is not familiar.

Things have an architecture, an internal logic that builds them and to understand how to reproduce this object, we have to come to understand its logic, that is to say that of the designer.

All this takes time, a lot of time, and creation itself intervenes only much later, with errors, inaccuracies, due to the time that passes inexorably and do not wait for us :).

It is necessary to multiply these processes by the number of objects necessary to the mod and in the case of "fow" the objects range from vegetation to different rifles, other weapons, more or less heavy, vehicles, weapons configuration criteria To find and interpret also, in relation to the speed limits reached by the game engine.

There are also animations, which do not always work as we wish, that waste time, etc., etc.

To this you can also add the lighting of the game which changes quite often these times and forces to rethink the textures, or more exactly the "rvmat"; But also the functions of the game can evolve and some are removed and in general it was the one that helped you to achieve the best your effects.
What worked yesterday seems inert today, and so on.

In conclusion, I think I have given you a little insight into the complexity of creating a mod, and I have done it for those who see things too focused on a particular detail: This kind of request to this paragraph. :)

That said, I am also picky about some topics that excite me and that is why I take the time to answer you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi there Archsceptic 

Thank you very much for the information. Unfortunately my grandfather died when i was 6, but i grew up on war films and being a man of tradition I wanted to follow him into the army. The ironic thing was that I had always believed he had been in the Dorsets during world war two so when i enlisted i went into the Rifles as that's what the Devon and Dorsets , light infantry, green jackets, and the OX and Bucks had merged into....It was only after i was discharged that my mother (daughter of the grandfather in question) bothered to point out that i had been wrong all this time and he had in fact been in the Essex reg. so I now have all this redundant knowledge on the Dorset regiment and nowt about the Essex lads hehehehe.

Lodu

That's a good a reason as any

• Like 1

Heya,
I would like to highlight something from our upcoming update.

I'm sure that everyone who often plays single player or coop noticed that the AI's rate of fire can be kinda sloppy / slow. This phenomenon is most apparent on higher RoF weapons, such as our beloved MG-42. By default, the farther you (the listener) are from an AI unit, the slower their rate of fire becomes. We (our beloved Giallustio) managed to overcome this issue with a neat little scripted system. Here is the result:

Now the only limitation is your frame rate. :D

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1