giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

40 minutes ago, Unleashthepain said:

@tomolyons that looked really cool. was like watching band of brothers. the flak script and flashes were really good

Thanks man :) I would like to fully release it too the public once it's complete !

15 hours ago, giallustio said:

@b.a.verrecus
Weird, never reported...
Any mods?

well, the basics (cba, ace, tfar) and some WWII mods (ifa3, len wepaons, csa).

so it might be a modconflict? i will get me some people and find out and will report later this week!

14 hours ago, tomolyons said:

My own mission i created, Some D-day action! (Apologies for the lag midway caused by the Eject script)

I realise that it's a rough copy but your video carries great potential.

It seems to capture the chaotic carnage and eerie beauty of war.

It immediately reminded me of one of the best WW2 FPS ever created and one scene in particular:

On 17/4/2017 at 10:25 PM, red_spring said:

Hey guys, am I missing something or PWS still has the old version ?

On 17/4/2017 at 11:19 PM, -J0hnny- said:

Indeed! whats the situation with PwS? when is version II coming out?? its almost a month since manual release and lots of us havent seen the goodies yet...thats torture

I don't want to sound pedantic buuut... Any info on that ? If you don't plan on updating it I'll just update it manually, it's no biggie. I mainly use PwS because I'm lazy :f:

I don't use PWS and i don't know how it works. Afaik it has been already reported to pws admin, so it's not the place where to keep asking for it.

In the first page there are two links for the download, if you're too lazy for it, you can still enjoy the first release!

7 minutes ago, giallustio said:

I don't use PWS and i don't know how it works. Afaik it has been already reported to pws admin, so it's not the place where to keep asking for it.

In the first page there are two links for the download, if you're too lazy for it, you can still enjoy the first release!

As I said, it's no biggie, I'll just use one of the links. I wanted a clear answer because v0.2 has been around for quite a while and most importantly because some modders didn't want their mod uploaded there, so I was wondering if this was the case. I have my answer, sorry if I sounded pedantic.
Keep up the good work, loving the mod so far. :f:

• Like 2

Loving the glorious Airborne forces.

UK Para's and German Fall, just need a delivery system now, Gliders? :)

To the FOW Team,  you guys are doing an awesome job making WWII in Arma 3 exciting and fun. :icon14:  thank you.

@ Giallustio what will happen to the remainder accests from HIP ?..like the Japanese Zero, Australian soldiers /Commenwealth (blufor)... will they be introduced to FOW ?

• Like 1

it's me again :D

done some testing yesterday, and we narrowed it down to a fow issue. we turned off all mods but fow (yes, even cba, even if it needed a little work to get the rifles ingame then. but also tested WITH cba) and still had the issue. we also found out that the casings get spawned while the bolt is still in front position. that means that when you shoot and keep pressing the mouse button, casings get ejected (those casings get multiplied by the clients connected) and when you release the mouse button your character pulls back the lever and only one casing gets spawned (as it should be). this happens with all bolt action rifles and with the garand (here it does not happen with casings, but with the clip). as i am not sure if i used all the right english expressions for what we did, i recorded a video to show it:

and another quick question: do you guys have a feedback tracker of some sorts? i have taken a great interesst in this mod and found  some minor issues and also would habe one or two suggestions :)

sure. might take a little, we tested a lot of things yesterday, so a lot of different rpts to look through to find the right ones ;)

• Like 1

as is saw that you heven't read it yet, you might not have noticed, but i sent the rpts via private message

ARMA 3 only having Chinese heads makes the the IJA look really weird in FoW. A shame when ARMA 2 did have faces that fit.

• Like 1

Great work on this mod, loving every bit of it. I do have a question though, is there any plan to have the LVTs for the Pacific  Theater ( like the lvt-2, lvt(a)-1, lvt(a)-4, lvt-4, ext) these would work way better to assault the beach then them landing craft. Other then that keep up the good work can't wait till the next update.

Amtrac.

Uhh, but I shouldn't tell you this, I will be punished by Gia. I fear my life now.

• Like 3

are you only focusing on the European theatre  or will you look into the north Africa campaign for the UK and Germans??