giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

Just now, Rismarck said:

Panzergrenadier Squad in position, ready to attack, Normandy 1944.

Llpe0c7.jpg

US Army Squad got caught between the hedgerows, June 1944, Normandy.

dcwCTOo.jpg

is this new arma 3 Faces of war map content or is it I44?? it looks so good.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, First Sea Lord Kiwi said:

is this new arma 3 Faces of war map content or is it I44?? it looks so good.

Mods I use most of the times are: FOW, I44 Terrains/Objects, IFA3 Lite, ReColor, CUP Terrains/ Core and some selfmade Animations/ direone's animations.

This scenes I put together on Omaha, from I44, in the editor.

• Like 1

Hello, thank your for creating a great mod.

I just wanted to bring to your attention that there are multiple problems with the M1 Rifle.  

1. I have noticed the rear sights are the T-105 pattern with are long post World War II, the same sights used on the M14.
2.  Also, the Gas Cylinder Lock is the squared type that is post World War II.
3. The Clip Latch is non existent.

4. Trivial, but the Serial number places you mid war eliminating the possibility to use this rifle before May of 1943.

If you need additional weapons input I am extremely familiar with the M1 Rifle, M1 Carbine, and Arisaka family of rifles.

17546759_1861457824123169_66948570858134

17547078_1861457830789835_72893411701082

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, warbirdguy1 said:

If you need additional weapons input I am extremely familiar with the M1 Rifle, M1 Carbine, and Arisaka family of rifles.

Please no, we're already happy with what we have!

Next time i'll get my magnifying glass!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, warbirdguy1 said:

Hello, thank your for creating a great mod.

I just wanted to bring to your attention that there are multiple problems with the M1 Rifle.  

1. I have noticed the rear sights are the T-105 pattern with are long post World War II, the same sights used on the M14.
2.  Also, the Gas Cylinder Lock is the squared type that is post World War II.
3. The Clip Latch is non existent.

4. Trivial, but the Serial number places you mid war eliminating the possibility to use this rifle before May of 1943.

Mr Gun Expert here :)

Anyway, as cool as it is that you know this much about these rifles, I doubt that the modders will change/remodel/fix their weapon models since modelling is pretty tough in my opinion and I also think that the models for this mod are fabulous!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

Mr Gun Expert here :)

Anyway, as cool as it is that you know this much about these rifles, I doubt that the modders will change/remodel/fix their weapon models since modelling is pretty tough in my opinion and I also think that the models for this mod are fabulous!

Absolutely agree, it takes substantial time and effort to do rework.  Despite being incorrect for World War II, actually incorrect most of its military life, the parts are accurately modeled from those post war examples.  A big improvement over previous Garand models we have seen.  I just hope in the future if there is ever a rifle built from scratch they take into consideration to make a World War II Garand and not a CMP rack grade special.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, warbirdguy1 said:

Absolutely agree, it takes substantial time and effort to do rework.  Despite being incorrect for World War II, actually incorrect most of its military life, the parts are accurately modeled from those post war examples.  A big improvement over previous Garand models we have seen.  I just hope in the future if there is ever a rifle built from scratch they take into consideration to make a World War II Garand and not a CMP rack grade special.

Totally agree with you but for most of us we care about the overall look not specific little details. It differs from person to person. Hey maybe you should talk with them about being a historian in their team or something :D

On 2017-03-30 at 0:48 AM, fwedman said:

sorry how do i post pictures the way i tried it didnt work

There is no grass clutter on the new update picture.
Is that correct that with the new update all of the grass clutter on Betio Tarawa is now suddenly GONE?

If so that is somthing broken with the new update.
Any one else dont have grass clutter on Betio Tarawa island?

8 hours ago, mr pedersen said:

There is no grass clutter on the new update picture.
Is that correct that with the new update all of the grass clutter on Betio Tarawa is now suddenly GONE?

If so that is somthing broken with the new update.
Any one else dont have grass clutter on Betio Tarawa island?

Yeah by the looks of things there is little if any grass now, although this could be just me i have tweaked my settings a bit before the update.

British forces pass a small base in north africa. 

mods used: IFA3, FOW, CUP_T, Recolor, Fallujah

E2550B811528051C484BEC371CF920307ED7B739

• Like 4

guys i found out why the boarding ships for the US aren't working. you got to take out the gunners because the ship is too focused on shooting the enemy than deploying. 

so in order for the ships to land the gunners have to be taken off.

WOW! An Enigma machine?  Now we just need a German Submarine to build a mission around the capture of U 110, ultimately leading to the decyphering of the hitherto un-decyphreable M3 Enigma model... :scratchchin::icon9::headscratch::icon9:

16 minutes ago, tourist said:

WOW! An Enigma machine?  Now we just need a German Submarine to build a mission around the capture of U 110, ultimately leading to the decyphering of the hitherto un-decyphreable M3 Enigma model... :scratchchin::icon9::headscratch::icon9:

YLQW EXCE VCRT I

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Since you are working on more pacific islands , do you also plan to also create European theatre maps ?

cheers :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

Since you are working on more pacific islands , do you also plan to also create European theatre maps ?

cheers :)

I hope so. We have so few decent WWII maps as it is.

2 hours ago, Madshepherd said:

muX4yni.gif

Hide contents

QHtu5r5.gifuz01QfR.gif3wePreQ.gifBGRqbcC.gifmVZmDHy.gif3Qmkq7Y.gif8z093UG.gifDyAfXVr.gifCbiXnk2.gifK3VhsDi.gifVtee4Tr.giflrQZ65P.gifzoVHXMU.gifCyNYS3T.gifzvyB3Xg.gifKelxpNh.gif96VcR8j.gif6fBPf00.gif

second to last pic "Look at those low quality Textures... friggin jerry" anyways nice photoset

i have looked through the previous few pages and haven't seen this mentioned (but wasn't going back more then a few pages), but the lee enfield (and propably also other bolt action rifles) eject dozens of casings. my (totally unproven) guess would be that it seems that for every client connected to an mp game, there is one casing spawned. as i haven't noticed this issue in editor or during sp it really seems to be an mp issue only.

to show you what i mean, here is a link to a stream from our yesterday's mission:

and also i would like to ask a question about the european theatre. in the previous version of the mod there were a few things placeable in the editor the hinted towards a market garden-ish scenario. so is this still coming or has work been halted (for the moment)?

and thanks for this awesome mod :)

Hey guys, am I missing something or PWS still has the old version ?

• Like 1

Indeed! whats the situation with PwS? when is version II coming out?? its almost a month since manual release and lots of us havent seen the goodies yet...thats torture

My own mission i created, Some D-day action! (Apologies for the lag midway caused by the Eject script)

• Like 2