giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

2 hours ago, VlaD_RoseAura said:

Will your scopes be attachable accessories or fixed parts on weapons?

Don't think it'll be attachable. We are talking about WW2 after all and not many weapons were able to attach a scope on them.. well at least not automatic ones. I'd like to see them preset on the weapons.

56 minutes ago, Jaki said:

Don't think it'll be attachable. We are talking about WW2 after all and not many weapons were able to attach a scope on them.. well at least not automatic ones. I'd like to see them preset on the weapons.

I am talking about these bolt action rifles. Of course most automatic weapons in that era don't support accessories without modification, however, according to my knowledge, ww2 snipers are mostly directly scoped service rifles. I just don't know if this attaching process can be done in battlefield. More specifically, if my sniper went broken in battlefield, can I detach my scope and directly put it on my fallen comrade's rifle? If that's doable, I think scopes are meant to be attachable accessories.

2 hours ago, VlaD_RoseAura said:

I am talking about these bolt action rifles. Of course most automatic weapons in that era don't support accessories without modification, however, according to my knowledge, ww2 snipers are mostly directly scoped service rifles. I just don't know if this attaching process can be done in battlefield. More specifically, if my sniper went broken in battlefield, can I detach my scope and directly put it on my fallen comrade's rifle? If that's doable, I think scopes are meant to be attachable accessories.

Most of them were just modified service rifles but a lot of times those modifications were done in the factory. It depends on the gun, but generally, no, you probably wouldn't have been able to swap the scope onto another rifle with any sort of ease. If your gun fails or is damaged in battle your main concern probably isn't going to be putting a scope on it anyway.

For Arma's sake it'd probably reduce the amount of weapon clutter and file size to make them attachments (instead of having four separate Karabiner 98k models - stock, with a ZF-39, ZF-41, and ZF-42, etc.), but realistically it would not be something you'd do on the battlefield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaingunfighter said:

Most of them were just modified service rifles but a lot of times those modifications were done in the factory. It depends on the gun, but generally, no, you probably wouldn't have been able to swap the scope onto another rifle with any sort of ease. If your gun fails or is damaged in battle your main concern probably isn't going to be putting a scope on it anyway.

For Arma's sake it'd probably reduce the amount of weapon clutter and file size to make them attachments (instead of having four separate Karabiner 98k models - stock, with a ZF-39, ZF-41, and ZF-42, etc.), but realistically it would not be something you'd do on the battlefield.

That makes sense. Thanks.

4 hours ago, fwedman said:

Would i be able to make or request or would that break the rules?

If we call them suggestions instead, then I am fine with it. But just be aware that just because someone suggests something, doesnt mean we will be doing it.

14 hours ago, Jaki said:

We have debated wether to make them attachment ourselves a tad, and you would be correct. The scopes are not like modern ones, where you can fairly easily change them out. So we MAY go in the direction of making them permanent, so that there would be a scoped and unscoped variation of the rifles. But as mentioned earlier, marksmanrifles/snipers are down the line.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, fwedman said:

Would i be able to make or request or would that break the rules?

By asking the question, it shows you haven't read the forum rules :eh:

Making the FG42\M1 Garand scoped will be very cool (it was a thing).

I want to see the Jhonson LMG so much along side the others :)

And don't forget to give the M1 a nice "Ping" ;)

The Garand already has the ping.

Yes, but i think they are redoing it. i hope they will. 

35 minutes ago, Y.S.B said:

Yes, but i think they are redoing it. i hope they will. 

They?

Is it bad? Shame on you tpm!

• Like 1

Just now, giallustio said:

They?

It ain't bad lol I don't know what he is talking about, a lot of people think that the garand's "ping" sound was loud but to be honest I am pretty sure it was fairly quiet from what I've read/seen/heard/watched etc.

Just now, giallustio said:

They?

It's not too bad, the other models are very good, but this one needs a remake for the sights and sound 

11 minutes ago, Y.S.B said:

It's not too bad, the other models are very good, but this one needs a remake for the sights and sound 

Oh mister why don't you tell them how to fix it? Hold on let me grab the pop corn :)

I am trying to give some suggestions, i know that this talented team knows how to do it.

I don't see why you need to speak in such a way. 

32 minutes ago, Y.S.B said:

10 minutes ago, Y.S.B said:

I am trying to give some suggestions, i know that this talented team knows how to do it.

When you said "needs a remake", it felt like you imply there are some problems with their works. Certainly, there could be space for further improvements (there always are, for anything), but for a team which tried so hard to reach their achievements today, it sounds hurt.

35 minutes ago, Y.S.B said:

Listen man, ineptaphid has warned me quite a few times for my language and I am pretty sure I will not get warned for this which makes what I said completely appropriate. I just don't understand how you think it's alright to come on here and start saying I hope you do this and that and call it "suggestions".

I love and fully appreciate the work of this fine team. 

I did NOT mean to be rude to them, just to say some things i would love if they change. 

8 hours ago, Karl Sauer said:

If we call them suggestions instead, then I am fine with it. But just be aware that just because someone suggests something, doesnt mean we will be doing it.

We have debated wether to make them attachment ourselves a tad, and you would be correct. The scopes are not like modern ones, where you can fairly easily change them out. So we MAY go in the direction of making them permanent, so that there would be a scoped and unscoped variation of the rifles. But as mentioned earlier, marksmanrifles/snipers are down the line.

if thats the case could i suggest a version of the mk2 helmet with netting?

• Like 1

List of things i would love to see:

Jhonson LMG.

FG42 w\scope.

M1 Garand w\attachble scope.

Pramrine units.

A better and more realistic sight and beefier sound for the M1 Garand.

A fix for the boken M1919.

A sight adjustment option (Maby with the view effect of the sight of the M1 Garand while proning and aming up.

And last but definitely not least, changing the balance of the M1 carbine so it has less range and a bit less accuracy then the M1 Garand. 

Good work and good luck! 

just got to say your  work is amazing. More of a question than a request do you plan on having a webbley revolver or a po8 Luger in the mod 

4 hours ago, Y.S.B said:

List of things i would love to see:

Jhonson LMG.

FG42 w\scope.

M1 Garand w\attachble scope.

I wouldn't really expect any of those to be high on the list. I can't speak for the team, but all of those are substandard weapons that never saw widespread use during the war itself. The FG-42 is debatable because it became the standard weapon of the Fallschirmjager, but only a small amount were produced. The Johnson MG was only really used by special units with a few examples being used by the USMC and/or Army in the Pacific. Sniper Garands became popular after the war but the M1C never saw much use before the war ended and the M1D arrived too late to see combat at all.

• Like 1

It always pains me how rarely the FG-42 is seen in games. I love that thing ever since Wolfenstein back in the days.

• Like 1