giallustio

Faces of War [WW2]

Japan static MG only shoot in semi-auto mode, don't shoot in full-automatic mode, we need amphibious vehicles for the USMC but however it's a great mod. I hope you work this mod and finish it with maps like: Peleliu, Okinawa, Guadalcanal. I really want a good mod about The Pacific war and this mod aims to be perfect. Sounds are beautiful and Tarawa map is a good map.

• Like 1

Finally, I've been waiting and looking for some kind of WW2 mod, similar to Arma 2 1940s mod. I'm going to download play this asap.

Had a quick go at a simple firefight on Bystrica between the UK troops and the Wehrmacht :)

I agree that weapon sounds great but why are British troops talking with an American accent?

Your video was excellent btw.

I hope you release some missions.

I look forward to your death scream mod.

Have you checked out the Unit-SFX-Body-fall-sounds-hit-screams-v106 mod?

But you screaming into a mic at night and almost throwing up sounds hilarious (I've done some voice-over work for Arma).

• Like 2

^

We will fix their chatter. For now, just use the Arsenal to add British voices for them.

• Like 1

do you guys plan on adding a para script like advanced para

meaning you can tell soldiers to jump out of a plane via scroll weel

do you guys plan on adding a para script like advanced para

meaning you can tell soldiers to jump out of a plane via scroll weel

We don't even have planes in-game yet. All in due time, patience is a virtue and all that jazz.

• Like 1

I agree that weapon sounds great but why are British troops talking with an American accent?

Your video was excellent btw.

I hope you release some missions.

I look forward to your death scream mod.

Have you checked out the Unit-SFX-Body-fall-sounds-hit-screams-v106 mod?

But you screaming into a mic at night and almost throwing up sounds hilarious (I've done some voice-over work for Arma).

Thanks, I appreciate it! I might do a mission or two for this, but preferably on a custom map that is more suitable to the theme than the stock or ArmA 2 maps.

I did notice that mod releasing but I haven't personally tried it actually. If I remember correctly I saw a video and the death screams weren't quite what I was looking for and wanted something more like RO2. It is taking it's toll on me though :D

I did a new video playing as the Japanese, mounting what I thought was a hopeless defense against the US Marines on Betio:

• Like 2

you know what i love this mod. the best part to me is the bar because of how you made the fire modes and the sounds. agian i love the work and thanks for the great mod.

is it possible we could get the australian slouche hat for all the aussies in the future that would be much appreciated thankyou

Ohhhh I have to try this one this evening! I listened to tpM's video where he showcased the sounds, he did a great job ^_^ ^_^ :wub:

• Like 2

any plans on adding bayonets for this mod?

We've talked a bit about internally, but its not something you should expect any time soon as it is.

is it possible we could get the australian slouche hat for all the aussies in the future that would be much appreciated thankyou

We've had not talks of including Australians currently. Maybe in the future, its hard to say really. 

Hello there

Is it me or is the Sten way too big in comparison to the character model?

Still, great work!

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I really appreciate that you register on the forum to warn us, but to be honest, i can't see any prob with it.

If there's, BI can contact us directly and we're gonna change it immediately.

Great first release guys! I've been having a blast so far. I think that this, plus IFA3 and CSA38 make for the best WW2 FPS I have played in ages, keep up the good work. One minor bug I have noticed is that some units spawn with African heads. Not that big of a deal for the UK faction but for the US and Germans it is. It's easy enough to fix in the editor but still a minor inconvenience.

• Like 1

Great first release guys! I've been having a blast so far. I think that this, plus IFA3 and CSA38 make for the best WW2 FPS I have played in ages, keep up the good work. One minor bug I have noticed is that some units spawn with African heads. Not that big of a deal for the UK faction but for the US and Germans it is. It's easy enough to fix in the editor but still a minor inconvenience.

You're right that Wehrmacht fielded almost no coloured soldiers in WW2 (apart from a few notable exceptions) but Afro-Americans contributed 6.5% of US Army in WW2.

As for the British army, many West Indians, Indians and Pakistanis served and generally enjoyed much better integration than their Afro-American counterparts but I can't easily find any numbers.

So overall, I'd say remove coloured heads from German units but make them available, albeit in limited numbers in British & US units. In fact the US Army segregated coloured units.

• Like 2

So overall, I'd say remove coloured heads from German units but make them available, albeit in limited numbers in British & US units. In fact the US Army segregated coloured units.

I agree with pretty much every thing you said, but I'd still make it so the US troops spawn with all White heads and not the African ones because as you stated, the US military was still segregated at the time. I'm not saying completely remove the ability to give them the African ones, just make it so squads spawn with all white heads.

• Like 1

Hello guys, love the work. Especially the Brit kit!

Will the webbing and small pack be receiving a coat of blanco at all? It would be good to have a later war version with green. I believe KG3 is the correct shade for 43 onwards. Also is Brit webbing and pack

low carry weight intended? Not complaining just wondering.

Again top job and many thanks. I think you have made a lot of people very happy.

• Like 2