@Incontinentia

Nice one buddy, will give this a blast today. You have been busy, much appreciated mate. Again, top man! :f:

**UPDATE**

Just tried this in a test mission in the editor and love the improvements mate. Gonna implement in a MP mission and give it a play. 

What would make it really cool is some sort of sound when the radio transmission is initialised just for effect. Obviously not required, i'm just dreaming. :f:

This script have really helped to get the JTAC function to play a bigger role in my missions.

The awesomeness of being on a quad going ofroad on the elevated terrain on Takistan with a small guard force, and the main maneouvre on the road needs those T-55s removed from their blocking position. Laser mark the targets, wait... and VOILA!

Thumbs up!

• Like 1

@Incontinentia

Just tried this in multiplayer connected to my lan dedi server and i called in the cas but got killed, but upon respawn there was no way of reconnecting or calling cas. The addaction was gone completely. I'm using (this setVariable ["APW_initAddaction",true];) in player init to call cas. :eh:

I'm trying a different option, will see how that goes. :f:

Also, once the fuel runs and/or bombs/missiles are used up is there a RTB option for reloading bombs/missiles and refuel? With a delay to allow for such? :f:

**UPDATE**

Just realised options i asked about are in the setup file.........Doh!!!!! :eh:

Thanks for the feedback guys. @law-giver - I'm hoping that's expected behaviour. 

I've set it up so the addaction to request CAS only appears when CAS isn't directly contactable through Radio Charlie, so if you'd already called the CAS before being killed, you should still have Radio Charlie to contact it. Using Radio Charlie, you should be able to check its status and also (once it is on station) get an "Abort CAS Mission" option which will send it back to base for rearm and refuel (with appropriate timings for these - rearm / refuel time is user defined). 

To put it another way, once you call CAS and it's on its way, you can use Radio Charlie to contact it up until the point where its mission is complete (either out of fuel, out of ammo - if you have the RTB on no ammo option enabled in the setup file, or the mission has been mission aborted by the JTAC). While you have Radio Charlie to contact the aircraft, you won't see the "Request CAS" addaction. So the addaction will only be there when it's either RTB, rearming and refuelling, unavailable, or awaiting tasking - during this time you can use the "Request CAS" addaction to not only request CAS but also get an update on the status of the air unit. I'm hoping this way of doing things makes sure that if several people are using the aircraft at once, the aircraft carries on doing its thing even if one of them is killed or disconnects. 

I figured I'd hide the Request CAS action whenever it serves no purpose as it keeps the action menu as uncluttered as possible. 

Is that the behaviour you're seeing?

If not, looks like I've still got some work to do! 

57 minutes ago, Incontinentia said:

I figured I'd hide the Request CAS action whenever it serves no purpose as it keeps the action menu as uncluttered as possible. 

Is that the behaviour you're seeing?

If not, looks like I've still got some work to do! 

I'll double check but i'm sure i checked the radio too and it had disappeared. I also tried the radio trigger option like i did yesterday as well but that didn't work today but in a basic non multiplayer mission in the editor it seemed fine. Obviously with that i couldn't check if it works after respawn. I merely made the editor mission to p*ss about with.

I'll replay the earlier mission on my dedi again and let you know for sure if the radio option was there or not. I'll post back in an hour or so. :f:

**UPDATE**

I call air support via addaction and i get the interact with cas via radio charlie hint and then the remaining radio traffic and my radio option key "0" is blank. I'm carrying a radio. :eh:

Various options, radio trigger, player init works in the editor but no joy in MP. Well not for me anyway. 

You are the best Incontinentia, thanks for reworking it to support MP/Dedi.  I'll hopefully get to test it tonight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Incontinentia said:

Cool, thanks. And this is with the RC update too right? 

If that's for me then yes mate. And i'm still tinkering. :f:

Bloody cool script though mate, just playing in the editor is fun enough. Just dump a guy with a uav terminal add some batteries and laserdeg's and off you go. Obviously dump some armour etc etc :f:

**UPDATE**

I'm getting somewhere and nowhere. Right i added this to my players init this setVariable ["APW_initRadioTrig",true]; and created a trigger Radio Alpha radius 0. Activation, owner only and ticked server only box.

I fired up the mission on my dedi and connected. This time i had CAS option via radio, but after all the chatter there was no option for Radio Charlie.

Other bit of good news, i deliberately respawned and CAS option was still available but no Radio Charlie. And CAS reported that he was still in the air as previously called. Better than nothing. :f:

Thanks for the update! If you use 

this setVariable ["APW_initRadioTrig",true];

then the script should create all the triggers itself so no need to create them manually (if it doesn't then it's a bug that needs to be fixed). Creating triggers manually may interfere with the script too so probs best avoided at this stage. 

That's really weird that it doesn't work though, I tested exactly that setup on my own dedi last night several times and it ran flawlessly. What I might do is create a basic scenario and include that in the script so I can try to narrow down exactly where everything is going wrong. In the meantime, could you fire your test mission over via PM and I'll give it a look? 

If there's an issue now, hopefully it won't take too long to solve. The script is way more robust than it was in terms of dedicated compatibility. 

3 hours ago, kman_(kya) said:

You are the best Incontinentia, thanks for reworking it to support MP/Dedi.  I'll hopefully get to test it tonight.

Cheers kman! Let me know how it goes. 

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 5:41 PM, Incontinentia said:

Thanks ineptaphid! I am potentially going to release a fair few more scripts so I may well just package them up into modules for ease of use. If I get round to it! 

I've seen this movie before..

I would highly recommend doing this, you'll learn a lot in the process.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, spyderblack723 said:

I've seen this movie before..

I would highly recommend doing this, you'll learn a lot in the process.

Well I might have to take a step back from Arma soon once real life kicks in again but then again, I've been saying that for a while now! If I have the time though, I'll probably do it. As much as it sucks to have an extra mod in the list, I think opening it up to Steam Workshop would probably mean a lot more people have access to it. 

For any of you guys having trouble with the latest version, please give this sample mission a go first if you can. I've checked it a couple of dozen times now and I'm having none of the issues reported by other users, so to help narrow down where those issues are coming from, it would be good to get a vanilla baseline first. Then I can work out if the issue is something related to different Arma setups or possible conflicts with other mission scripts / mods. I'll do my best to fix any incompatibilities with other scripts (already got ACE / RHS compatibility in the bag) but for this release, I'd rather focus on getting something out that works with vanilla setups. 

Edit: by vanilla, I mean vanilla + CBA! 

Is it possible you can simulate the sound of fast air at altitude, without increasing the size of the addon too much? It would add a massive immersion factor, I fully understand you want to keep this as scripts only however.

On 22/02/2017 at 3:09 PM, road runner said:

Is it possible you can simulate the sound of fast air at altitude, without increasing the size of the addon too much? It would add a massive immersion factor, I fully understand you want to keep this as scripts only however.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been thinking of ways of doing this using a hidden aircraft object to achieve this but I've got to find the time to get it working well enough that it doesn't sound silly or do Arma AI. I don't particularly want to mess about with static sound files too much either. The primary goal was to simulate drone use which doesn't really make much noise at ground level as far as I know. I'll keep it in mind but wouldn't expect anything for the upcoming release. 

Also, for anyone interested in testing this further, here's Release Candidate 2. This adds the ability to interact with CAS using just the action menu (which should help mitigate any issues in missions with conflicting radio triggers). Set _useRadioTriggers in the setup file to false to use this method. 

This is pretty much good to go now, it's spend a fair bit of time in testing and with the exception of a couple of missions with the radio trigger incompatibility, we're (as far as is possible to tell) bug free and MP / dedicated ready. Expect a fully release of V1.1 in the next few days. 

Update: @road runner, I've added your suggestion to GitHub here so it's on the cards, just got to figure the best way to do it first. 

• Like 2

@Incontinentia

Just want to say thanks for making this work on becti. I really appreciate it mate, top man! And sorry but public man kisses are a show of gratitude. :don12:

LG :f:

• Like 1

Also.... 

Version 1.1 is out!

Release highlights:

• Rewrote script for full MP compatibility
  • Reduced radio trigger usage in favour of "CAS Interact" menu
  • Added status report option
  • All units can interact with CAS provided they have necessary item
  • Fixed: JIP issues
  • Fixed: player leaving during CAS request would make script hang
  • Fixed: script hanging if player leaves after a strike request
  • Made script more robust overall (should prevent issues where CAS apparently remains active despite players not being able to use it)
  • CAS status now remote to server, strikes still local to client
  • Removed superfluous game objects
  • Reduced time between choosing to mark with laser and confirming mark
  • All variables now synchronise properly across clients and server
  • Increased airpower engaging timeout
  • Added the ability to use the action menu to interact with CAS rather than Radio Charlie. This should help mitigate conflicts with certain addons/scripts (thanks to law-giver for the feedback)
  • Like 3

@Incontinentia:

Since CBA update and new version I get this error:

_position = _po>
17:51:31   Error position: <isEqualTypeArray [0,0];

_position = _po>
17:51:31   Error isequaltypearray: Type Bool, expected Array
17:51:31 File x\cba\addons\common\fnc_randPos.sqf, line 11

Basically, when you call for airstrike it let you do the full procedure until it say:"release in 3...2...1.." and error pop up,  and the bombs never reach target (or get never released, for what I know)...any idea on this?

Is on my side?

Thank you for the great work man!

EDIT: After CBA hotfix is working again....

This as a mod?  That would really add to and of this could somehow be added to Achilles Ares mod,that would be just dandy.

13 hours ago, DEV614 said:

Hey @Incontinentia , could this script be used to target static objects such as buildings or editor-placed objects?

Yes you can.

• Like 1

Cheers for stepping in for me there! Yup, anything you can laze, you can (in theory) lock on to. 

• Like 1