I installed the script in my mission and I keep get this message "You are mission the required communication device".

In the settings file (APW_setup.sqf), you'll see an option to change the item necessary for communicating with air support: 

_necItem = "B_UavTerminal";             //Required item to call for air support.

Either use a NATO UAV terminal or select a different item based on your preferences. You can use "ItemRadio" if you want anyone with a radio to be able to call in air support. 

Edit: by select a different item, I mean change the word in speech marks to a different classname, so instead you end up with this (using a radio as an example): 

_necItem = "ItemRadio";             //Required item to call for air support.

Incon Airpower V0.11

This release marks the first feature complete version of Incon Airpower and includes a number of fixes, enhancements and features including:

• Configurable number of sorties - call for air cover repeatedly up to the maximum number of available CAS missions.
  • Added a configurable interval between unsuccessful requests for air cover - an unsuccessful request no longer means no chance of air cover for the rest of the mission.
  • Timeout on radio messages - if you don't respond in a reasonable (configurable) time, the script will reset, preventing various issues with the script remaining active forever and not resetting.
  • Script now resets on player death.
  • Enhanced accuracy of tracked strikes.
  • Better handling of completed and aborted missions.
  • Other tweaks and refinements.

Download from GitHub.

• Like 2

Hey man,  in a mission I'm making, after I initialize the air support request and everything goes ok, including the "use radio charlie for CAS request", when I try to  call for support, I get the hint "request ordnance" but no prompt or drop down menu. And I'm getting this error:

Spoiler

[_callingObject,"NilVars"] call APW_fnc_APWMain;

_ammoAvailable = [_>
22:56:41   Error position: <APW_fnc_APWMain;

_ammoAvailable = [_>
22:56:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: apw_fnc_apwmain
22:56:41 File C:\Users\Claudio\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\ZAGOR64BZ\missions\CHAPTER_3_SEALS.Tanoa\INC_airpower\scripts\airpowerActive.sqf, line 22
22:58:16 Error in expression <_callingObject removeAction _x} forEach _actionArray;
hint "No ordnance selected>
22:58:16   Error position: <_actionArray;
hint "No ordnance selected>
22:58:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: _actionarray
22:58:16 File C:\Users\Claudio\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\ZAGOR64BZ\missions\CHAPTER_3_SEALS.Tanoa\INC_airpower\scripts\airpowerActive.sqf, line 50

Any idea of what it could be?

Thank you!

This means the functions haven't been defined. Check your description.ext has everything in the right place (feel free to paste it here if you want me to take a look). 

4 minutes ago, Incontinentia said:

This means the functions haven't been defined. Check your description.ext has everything in the right place (feel free to paste it here if you want me to take a look). 

LOL...yap...that made it..hahahahha..been messing around too much with files, and forget a piece of code in the description.ext..thank you bro!

Well done on this! I'd love an "A-10" in this script, would it be possible to implement direct fire munitions, like cannon and rockets?

Thanks! At the moment, I've got no plans for that kind of thing as it's already pretty well served by other scripts and the idea was to move away from physical aircraft with their rubbish AI. Although that may change if Jets DLC does something cool with the AI! Check out Advanced JTAC TAB module mod - still works well and might suit your needs a bit better. 

• Like 1

Yes, I use that one for direct fire and yours for guided munitions. Still, I think yours gives a better feel of a real aircraft supporting you, even if it doesn't actually use an aircraft in the game.

Anyway, sorry for beeing requesty, I really want to push how much I appreciate your work.

Cheers!

No worries at all! Didn't mean to sound like I was telling you where to go - just thought you might not have heard of that mod. Thanks for the suggestion though, if I can think of a good way to fit it in down the line, I will do. 

Update: Version 1.0

Release highlights:

• Add multiple ordnance types for a single strike
  • Choose to manually track targets / select targets to track
  • Better detection of target markers
  • RHS smoke grenade compatibility
  • ACE3 advanced chemlights compatibility
  • When marking multiple targets for an airstrike, the aircraft no longer looks for targets that are already marked for the current strike
  • Automatic detection of dusk and dawn.
  • Quicker voice procedure
  • Numerous bugfixes and code cleanups (plus the script will reset itself after a short time if there are any errors, preventing issues where the script would get stuck indefinitely)
  • Like 1

Hi Incontinentia

Created a test mission in the editor to have a look at the script, which is really cool by the way. But unlike your video i get Game Logic showing up for the received radio message. Here's a screenie:

Untitled.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 3:06 AM, MANTIA said:

Does this work on multiplayer dedicated servers?

Manita, have you tested it in dedicated yet?

Yeah I noticed that coming up recently, never used to. I'll see what I can do to fix it on the next coding frenzy. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kman_(kya) said:

Have not yet. 

15 hours ago, kman_(kya) said:

I did a quick test yesterday and when i died the addaction from the players init had gone. I use the alpha radio trigger attached to player now. Only did a quick test, the radio call was still there after i died and respawned but I quit before i really tested it. I'm testing it out today though. :f:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, law-giver said:

I did a quick test yesterday and when i died the addaction from the players init had gone. I use the alpha radio trigger attached to player now. Only did a quick test, the radio call was still there after i died and respawned but I quit before i really tested it. I'm testing it out today though. :f:

Good to know!  Let us know if you fully test the radio call.

Does anyone know a fix the addaction when a player respawns?

5 minutes ago, kman_(kya) said:

Good to know!  Let us know if you fully test the radio call.

The problem is when you call the radio then respawn from being killed and use the radio again it says "grendal 1-4 has already been requested"So it's no good for multiplayer as your stuck in a loop of said message with no options available. I hope Incontinentia makes this MP compatible. As it's a very cool script.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the feedback guys, keep it coming. I've done as much as I can to make it MP compatible on my own, but given that I don't play in a unit or anything, it's hard to pick it all up. I'll get these issues fixed in the next run (won't be long). 

So far I've got: 

• "Game Logic" showing in chat (fixed)
  • Addaction not working on respawn (fixed)
  • "Already requested" message showing after respawn (this probably won't be because it's stuck in a loop, more likely because the aircraft is on station still - why you can't request strikes though I'm not sure and will look into) (fixed)

Anything else?

Update: MP-compatible version inbound...

5 hours ago, Incontinentia said:

Thanks so much for the feedback guys, keep it coming. I've done as much as I can to make it MP compatible on my own, but given that I don't play in a unit or anything, it's hard to pick it all up. I'll get these issues fixed in the next run (won't be long). 

So far I've got: 

• "Game Logic" showing in chat (fixed)
  • Addaction not working on respawn (fixed)
  • "Already requested" message showing after respawn (this probably won't be because it's stuck in a loop, more likely because the aircraft is on station still - why you can't request strikes though I'm not sure and will look into)

Anything else?

Update: Found out why you can't request strikes - it seems radio triggers don't work for JIP. 

Just signed in to say thanks. Any improvements, fixes etc, appreciated. Top man! :f:

• Like 1

Version 1.1 (release candidate - do not mirror)

For the guys having issues with multiplayer, give this version a whirl. Had to change a lot more than I was expecting so it's ended up being a fairly substantial update. Should be pretty much good to go but I'll do a provisional RC release first just in case anyone doesn't like the changes. Again, I have no unit to test with so any feedback is really appreciated. Here's the release highlights: 

• Rewrote script for full MP compatibility
  • Reduced radio trigger usage in favour of "CAS Interact" menu
  • Added status report option
  • All players can interact with CAS once it is on station provided they have necessary item
  • Removed superfluous game logic objects
  • Reduced time between choosing to mark with laser and confirming mark
  • All variables now synchronise properly across clients and server
  • CAS status now remote to server, strikes still local to client
  • Increased airpower engaging timeout
  • Fixed: JIP not being able to request strike / call for CAS
  • Fixed: script hang if the player who called for CAS leaves before mission is complete
  • Fixed: script hanging if player leaves during a strike request
  • Fixed: "Game Logic" showing in chat
  • Fixed: Addaction not working on respawn
  • Like 3