Hi all,

Just curious in case anyone has come accross a ruins model for bridges or bridge segments?

Ultimately, I'm not sure if bridges can be destroyed in the game but would like confirmation.

thanks

Hi all,

Just curious in case anyone has come accross a ruins model for bridges or bridge segments?

Ultimately, I'm not sure if bridges can be destroyed in the game but would like confirmation.

thanks

which bridges? which terrain? 

I haven't found a destroyed bridges model so I don't think it is possible. Someone could defiently mod it in though.

which bridges? which terrain? 

I was thinking perhaps a bridge segment from Tanoa at Harcourt?

But if not, can any bridges be destroyed on Tanoa...I don't think there are bridges on Altis or Stratis.

I was thinking perhaps a bridge segment from Tanoa at Harcourt?

But if not, can any bridges be destroyed on Tanoa...I don't think there are bridges on Altis or Stratis.

There are several small bridges on Altis that span across some ditches. Stratis has a few canal bridges in Agia Marina.

No vanilla arma 3 bridges can be destroyed. You would have to use a modded bridge but AI will most likely not use it.

The huge Tanoa bridges are easy to destroy.

You can easily get the objects with nearestObject.

The huge Tanoa bridges are easy to destroy.

You can easily get the objects with nearestObject.

Not sure how you destroyed it, I pummeled the surface of a bridge segment "483233: bridgesea_01_f.p3d" with several "Bo_GBU12_LGB_MI10" and damage still reads 0.

You can 'damage it', I mean you can delete the objects used for the bridge and make it looks like it broke.

You mean delete like an entire bridge segment and support columns, how?

If someone gets that to work, please post the solution and a screenshot. 

Deleting a section of the bridge and placing some rubble where it used to be might look pretty good. Rubble could be made of cement objects tilted different ways, combined with plowed earth object that plane wrecks make, maybe a destroyed building object half sunk in the ground so we see some of its cement rubble.

Thanks harmdhast.

So I did the following, but the road on the bridge is still visible despite falling through it, however a vehicle does not fall through.

_listObjects = player nearObjects 100;
_listRoads = player nearRoads 100;
_list = nearestTerrainObjects [player, [], 100];

{
	_x hideObjectGlobal TRUE;
}forEach _list + _listRoads + _listObjects;

That's weird, I will try things myself this weekend.

If someone gets that to work, please post the solution and a screenshot. 

Deleting a section of the bridge and placing some rubble where it used to be might look pretty good. Rubble could be made of cement objects tilted different ways, combined with plowed earth object that plane wrecks make, maybe a destroyed building object half sunk in the ground so we see some of its cement rubble.

I can hide all the support columns but the road surface remains suspended. Soldiers will fall through but vehicles manage to drive over . At least this is the bridge from Tanoa at Harcourt over water, so it doesn't need ruins (at least not above the water surface).

Thanks harmdhast.

So I did the following, but the road on the bridge is still visible despite falling through it, however a vehicle does not fall through.

_listObjects = player nearObjects 100;
_listRoads = player nearRoads 100;
_list = nearestTerrainObjects [player, [], 100];

{
	_x hideObjectGlobal TRUE;
}forEach _list + _listRoads + _listObjects;

You're just hiding the bridge, not actually deleting it.

I tried deleteVehicle and it seemed to do nothing.

I think the road on top of the bridge is actually part of the terrain.

For now I would be content with deleting them or moving elsewhere, but can't even do that. 

Thanks for looking into it hamrdhast.

so there is an invisible road floating in the air? i so, it could be enough blocking the entry to that road with rubble. better than nothing. i've been thinking about making scripted bridge destruction but this sounds annoying. they might've used some tricks to make AI drive onto bridges better.

so there is an invisible road floating in the air? i so, it could be enough blocking the entry to that road with rubble. better than nothing. i've been thinking about making scripted bridge destruction but this sounds annoying. they might've used some tricks to make AI drive onto bridges better.

That's what I was thinking.  Some rubble on the road to block it.  And isn't there an invisible barrier object also?  That could block the road at the break point.   Then create some rubble at bottom of bridge, a little fire and smoke.  And you're in business...hollywood magic.

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking.  Some rubble on the road to block it.  And isn't there an invisible barrier object also?  That could block the road at the break point.   Then create some rubble at bottom of bridge, a little fire and smoke.  And you're in business...hollywood magic.

No, no, no...the road isn't invisible, it's still there after using hideObjectGlobal or even after trying to setPosATL -100. 

Units of typeOf "Man" will fall through if they walk on it while vehicles are able to drive over it.

I don't even need rubble as it's above water...but I understand your suggestion with trying to block it with rubble, just not elegant.

Comm'on BIS, bridges that aren't destructible!?!

Thanks guys for your help though.

As I said road are not terrain objects anymore. They are defined through a roadway and I have no fk** clue on how it works.