BobTheHunted

Retexturing Cargo Towers (Or other items)

I have been wondering about retexturing objects that don't have hidden selections for their models.  I know where to get the textures and config files to see how they are configured and what not, but there is no way to retexture objects that just have the texture built into the model. 

For example, I want to create a retexture for the cargo buildings, but I would have to modify the model itself to accomplish this AFAIK.  And since the vanilla models are obviously binarized, this can't be done inside the object builder. 

If I understand correctly (which I might not), the only way to get retextures working would be to use a hex-editor and replace the textures with addon textures in the same character count inside the model itself and then pack the addon with the model.  The problem is, I can't find any clear answer to whether or not this allowed by BI, or even legal.  So before I would try to use that solution, it would obviously be best to not violate anything.

I have searched using hex editors with arma content and the only results were from 'hacking' sites or something like that for KOTH.  So I obviously don't want to look there for information.  From what I have gathered, the topic of hex editing is rather controversial, and I would like to be sure what is and isn't allowed in regards to hex-editing in particular. 

If I missed some obvious topic or posted this in the wrong place, I apologize.  If this is a dumb question to ask in the first place, again, I apologize.  Thanks for reading

I have searched using hex editors with arma content and the only results were from 'hacking' sites or something like that for KOTH.  So I obviously don't want to look there for information.  From what I have gathered, the topic of hex editing is rather controversial, and I would like to be sure what is and isn't allowed in regards to hex-editing in particular. 

I would avoid this at all costs as this will break the EULA of Arma3.

• Like 2

yoru best bet is to request BI to add model.cfg and thus allow hidden_texture selections to that sort of stuff. TBH, i wouldn't hold my breath about it. Of course, you can surely make your own content which i am pretty sure it will be faster than waiting BI to change stuff just for retextures...

• Like 2

Also. Keep in mind hidden texture do not work on objects binarized to a terrain. Only ones places with the editor

• Like 1

I would avoid this at all costs as this will break the EULA of Arma3.

Well that's unfortunate.  Oh well

Also. Keep in mind hidden texture do not work on objects binarized to a terrain. Only ones places with the editor

I am aware of this