Sign in to follow this  
Bnae

Weapon is behind hands

Hello,

i didn't change anything, at least that i can recall and suddenly this happened.

weird.png

Both 1.000 and View - Pilot are identical

Model.cfg and config.cpp OK

-Bnae

If your textures assigned to the weapon model have some kind of alpha channel in them, this will happen.

Common accidental reason it happens are if someone includes the muzzle flash mesh inside the weapon model rather than making it an external proxy model, or not using the conventional _co.tga (when saving as 32 bit instead of 24 bit) or _co.png naming suffix when converting the base texture format to .paa - which might cause the alpha of the game texture to not get formatted in the intended manner.

But if the alpha is an intended part of the weapon texture set itself, it can be fixed with a forceNotAlpha = 1 named property in the weapon's geometry LOD

• Like 1

Thanks da12thMonkey!

I'm kinda surprised that this didn't happen to me before since i have done all the textures in the same way. Well it's fixed now and i learned something new

just in case that doesnt work, try in pilotview of weapon when the weapon is selected a faces move to top. i think since it is only in pilotview that it could be a reason to make it look like that. but the texture issue could be the problem aswell. i actually had some probs lately with _ca textures, wich i indeed created fom .png´s. i didnt know that using tga would produce working _ca.paa´s. i found out that in most cases a 1 layer png just works fine with the intended alpha channel parts when u do it as _co, if you convert to _ca, the complete texture is an alpha and light comes threw anywhere, useless. so thx for the tip with the .tga´s

just in case that doesnt work, try in pilotview of weapon when the weapon is selected a faces move to top.

this only works between different faces within a p3d, not for the game environment

• Like 1