Sgt Potter

Profile reset when Arma 3 starts.

So I am having a problem of my arma 3 profile resetting every time I start the game.

The game creates a new profile save in my Arma 3 other profiles folder instead of using the one there.

uB0P0ZO.png

The first file is the profile it sets up when I launch arma, the second is the one I have always use, and the third is from when it was renamed,

It sets up a new profile each time and I cannot get it to use the second one, I have renamed it the same and still no go.

Im posting because I use custom hud and custom controls that I don't really want to have to set up each time I play arma.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Well I suppose start with the basics-validate the integrity of the steam cache.And make sure no mods are running.

• Like 1

Well I suppose start with the basics-validate the integrity of the steam cache.And make sure no mods are running.

All good, first or second thing I did, that's usually the culprit but not this time it seems :(

The first file is called %.vars.% what for me looks like it has to do with the virtual arsenal, I may not completly understand you problem, but if you could provide a rpt.file we might be able to see if there is a reason for what you experience.

You can find you rpt.files here: 

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Thank you

Retch

Heres the RPT,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqwnnfbqzih8mj2/arma3_2016-11-16_20-26-26.rpt?dl=0

but I dont see an answer in there, Whats happening is that My arma 3 profile no longer loads the one I have used for the past 3 years, and just defaults like I have never played arma before, All of my settings are reset like the game was just bought. forcing me to either not play or spend 20 to 30 minutes setting up my keybinds and custom settings.

forcing me to either not play or spend 20 to 30 minutes setting up my keybinds and custom settings.

Or just copy and pasting them from your old config. Should take less than a minute and its probably easier than figuring out whats causing this. (Could be related to having a space in your name, or something with file access rights, or something different, but its hard to tell)