ITokyYourCookie

Ask us anything!

All the time, i feel ignored in this forum by devs... :'(

On 11.7.2017 at 0:39 PM, Duartz said:

Do you guys have plans to make this game a competitive one in a pro league (ESL)? If yes, what is the main game mode for that (Link, Raid or Clash)?

Developers do not decide for a game to be a Title for ESL, the community does. Though the devs can support the community in doing so.

First of all competitive does not mean ESL. Also this game engine is not designed for a fast paced CQC game.

Several issues include: Input lag, Scripted game modes, Client Side net code, performance issues on different rigs, Engine limitations.

Secondly, the devs don't always have time, patience is key. Many questions can also be answered by other members of the community.

A direct way to communicate with other players and Argo Veterans is on the official discord server: https://discord.gg/7YB5FBa

• Like 1

Hi all 

I saw this question was already answered and probably BIS doesn't want Argo to interfere with Arma but I see so much potential in Argo doing some Red Orchestra style gameplay. I'll be free to repeat my steam post as here is probably more appropriate to ask.

Clash 10vs10
20vs20, even 40vs40 with respawns. Terrains are large enough. Just make larger objective radius.

Why not?

Yes we have Arma for that but Argo is supposed to be separate game?

Don't get me wrong but Arma has became more of a modding development platform than game. It's spectacular but it's easy to get lost with sheer amount of Arma content.

In my experience, after finishing Arma sp campaign I went browsing servers. First shock was some zombie civilians. Then more survivalist playgrounds.
Then some island exploration. At that time I join KOTH server and thought here we go but after 2 heli crashes and 3rd successful 5km driving to objective comes instant snipe shot.

30 hours passed and I can easily see how hundreds more will come. Then I buy DLCs but did not touch them since Argo come out.

So is answer still NO WAY :)

Hi Guys,

since I've started Argo the first time I always get kicked with the words: " You were Kicked off the game (Battleye: Game restart required)". I've already searched the internet for help, but any tip changed anything. Can you help me?

Thank you in advance.

33 minutes ago, LuckyLucifer said:

Hi Guys,

since I've started Argo the first time I always get kicked with the words: " You were Kicked off the game (Battleye: Game restart required)". I've already searched the internet for help, but any tip changed anything. Can you help me?

Thank you in advance.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/530700/discussions/0/2592234299549210361/

try this

Which weapons can knock out an opponent with a single shot? (Without vest or vest)

I know guns like Cyrus do the job, but I'd like to know what others are capable. Thank you!

Why are helo door gun turrets obligated to be default forward facing position? Is this simply an engine requirement?

On 22/07/2017 at 1:35 AM, n3vasc4 said:

Which weapons can knock out an opponent with a single shot? (Without vest or vest)

I know guns like Cyrus do the job, but I'd like to know what others are capable. Thank you!

Before looking for the "best" weapon you should ask yourslef what is the best play style for you ( sniper, machine gun, assault rifle ). If you go in the Armory you can see the stats of the guns. The higher they are, the more powerfull they become. However. You can still be the best on the team with some low tier guns. Keep this in mind ;)

The ASP-1 is really powerfull. However, I can't tell you if you can one hit a armor 2.

The AK-12 and the MK-14 are most of the time a 2-3 shoots for a armor 1.

MAR-10 and Cyrus one hit the armor 2 if I'm not worng. But you are very weak in short combat.

The Navid and the SPMG are very powerfull in close quarter. But don't try at long range XD

• Like 1

About the upcoming update.

We all know the main focus is about a new feature to report supected cheater or any strange/wrong behavior. But I'm curious about all the other stuff being work...

Could you confirm us ( if you can ^^ ) if one of the following things are going to be fixed/added/tweaked in the same update than the "report update" ? ( it's 2:AM here so sorry If I wirte like a cow )

1. Gameplay balance ( skill tree, gun balance )
  2. Gameplay Tweak ( Easier way to recognize who is on wich side )
  3. Gamemodes tweak ( glitchs, map balance )
  4. Tutorial button ( more visible )
  5. Being able to use your kits/class in non official servers using official gamemodes

That's all for me =b

Good day/night people !

3 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

Before looking for the "best" weapon you should ask yourslef what is the best play style for you ( sniper, machine gun, assault rifle ). If you go in the Armory you can see the stats of the guns. The higher they are, the more powerfull they become. However. You can still be the best on the team with some low tier guns. Keep this in mind ;)

The ASP-1 is really powerfull. However, I can't tell you if you can one hit a armor 2.

The AK-12 and the MK-14 are most of the time a 2-3 shoots for a armor 1.

MAR-10 and Cyrus one hit the armor 2 if I'm not worng. But you are very weak in short combat.

The Navid and the SPMG are very powerfull in close quarter. But don't try at long range XD

Thank you!

I've really noticed this over time... I have a good reflex, but I'm not that good of a target, so to me the type of weapon that worked the most was LMG. It has a lot of ammo, so I do not have to worry about getting all the shots fired and I can neutralize all the nearby opponents with a single drum.

After that I tried to use other types of weapons, but with the LMG I get a lot better. As soon as I get a higher level (I'm currently level 16), I'll try Zafir, it seems pretty powerful to and it has a satisfactory firing rate.

3 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

About the upcoming update.

We all know the main focus is about a new feature to report supected cheater or any strange/wrong behavior. But I'm curious about all the other stuff being work...

Could you confirm us ( if you can ^^ ) if one of the following things are going to be fixed/added/tweaked in the same update than the "report update" ? ( it's 2:AM here so sorry If I wirte like a cow )

1. Gameplay balance ( skill tree, gun balance )
  2. Gameplay Tweak ( Easier way to recognize who is on wich side )
  3. Gamemodes tweak ( glitchs, map balance )
  4. Tutorial button ( more visible )
  5. Being able to use your kits/class in non official servers using official gamemodes

That's all for me =b

Good day/night people !

Dude, what do you mean when you say "Gameplay balance ( skill tree, gun balance )"?

The skill tree does not seem unbalanced as I see... the more points I have, the more things I release. If I release a certain type of items, I can not release others... seems fair for me.

Sorry for my questioning, I just want to know how this could work.

4 hours ago, n3vasc4 said:

Dude, what do you mean when you say "Gameplay balance ( skill tree, gun balance )"?

The skill tree does not seem unbalanced as I see... the more points I have, the more things I release. If I release a certain type of items, I can not release others... seems fair for me.

Sorry for my questioning, I just want to know how this could work.

For me. It's too much easy to unlock the Grenade Launcher or the LMG. They are both really power full. And we have the DMR wich need more points aside the 2 other skills.

Or It could be balanced by a nerf of the LMG ( for now, you don't really need skill to just hold the Fire button and your done ). It could be aslo balanced by a higher price of the LMG.

Right know, you can play as a level 4 with a Spar-16 and a holo sight. You could be able to kill everyone with that. You are now using a scope and not the iron sight. So the skill tree is balanced ? Yes in the big path. The issue is the gunplay with some weapons like the LMG. It cost almost nothing and you can still play as a marksman with a LIM ot a Spar-16S. I've played with LMG's, DMR's and assault rifle. And I can confirm you the LMG are the most OP weapons for now. You can be at 200 meters of your target. All you have to do is to shoot and walk towards him.... Aside this issue, the assault rifle can do the same but with a limited mag. So you are not shooting like a retard. And the DMR are really powerfull if you are able to aim where you should.

If I want I can be with the MK-200 holosight with a amor 2. So I'm just a god. I can survive a lot of bullets in the chest and being able to rush everybody with a LMG. Or just kill someone on the other side of the map by shooting like a retard in his direction.... Even if I can run a lot less than you. I'm still very dangerous. Why do you think most of the high levels in game are with LMG ? ( not all of them )

On 26/07/2017 at 10:36 AM, Lt.Master said:

For me. It's too much easy to unlock the Grenade Launcher or the LMG. They are both really power full. And we have the DMR wich need more points aside the 2 other skills.

Or It could be balanced by a nerf of the LMG ( for now, you don't really need skill to just hold the Fire button and your done ). It could be aslo balanced by a higher price of the LMG.

Right know, you can play as a level 4 with a Spar-16 and a holo sight. You could be able to kill everyone with that. You are now using a scope and not the iron sight. So the skill tree is balanced ? Yes in the big path. The issue is the gunplay with some weapons like the LMG. It cost almost nothing and you can still play as a marksman with a LIM ot a Spar-16S. I've played with LMG's, DMR's and assault rifle. And I can confirm you the LMG are the most OP weapons for now. You can be at 200 meters of your target. All you have to do is to shoot and walk towards him.... Aside this issue, the assault rifle can do the same but with a limited mag. So you are not shooting like a retard. And the DMR are really powerfull if you are able to aim where you should.

If I want I can be with the MK-200 holosight with a amor 2. So I'm just a god. I can survive a lot of bullets in the chest and being able to rush everybody with a LMG. Or just kill someone on the other side of the map by shooting like a retard in his direction.... Even if I can run a lot less than you. I'm still very dangerous. Why do you think most of the high levels in game are with LMG ? ( not all of them )

To be fair, you pretty much hit the nail with a few things that are important for game balance, just your interpretation is in my opinion a bit off. :) Indeed, some lower-tier weapons you mentioned are very good and completely viable in many situations. A lot of players are concerned by the balance in games with higher level difference between players, due to more powerful weapons being available deeper in the skill tree. Yet, as we've seen so far, and as you stated, it is quite possible to use guns that are available very early to great success. I think this helps with game balance a lot. I'm not trying to say everything is perfect, so we gather data and feedback, and we will make adjustments when and where needed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Locklear said:

To be fair, you pretty much hit the nail with a few things that are important for game balance, just your interpretation is in my opinion a bit off. :) Indeed, some lower-tier weapons you mentioned are very good and completely viable in many situations. A lot of players are concerned by the balance in games with higher level difference between players, due to more powerful weapons being available deeper in the skill tree. Yet, as we've seen so far, and as you stated, it is quite possible to use guns that are available very early to great success. I think this helps with game balance a lot. I'm not trying to say everything is perfect, so we gather data and feedback, and we will make adjustments when and where needed.

It's just how I think and what I say to those who complain about the levels. At level 4 it's possible to have the weapon I use at level 17 and a red dot. The first 3 levels are very easy to achieve, so there's no need to say that the level in this game is OP.

Heavier/more penetrating weapons naturally require higher levels to unlock, but they are not as OP as they appear. It all depends on the style of the player.

I am living proof of this. Level 17, could be using heavier weapons... I'm on Spar-16s for the win.

Gotta ask, what were you guys thinking when you made new server browser changes?
I was looking forward for some changes to it but things went down i think :(

Now its only show premium servers for me, 99% empty ofc as always. Only 1 normal server is there.
I can join by quick match option but it usually ends up in full server, and that is good most of the time but
i enjoy this game playing with friends, so 1-2 friends need to wait a new spot on team or that round will end.
(and usually everyone left that point)

1 hour ago, JalluNasse-FIN said:

Gotta ask, what were you guys thinking when you made new server browser changes?
I was looking forward for some changes to it but things went down i think :(

Now its only show premium servers for me, 99% empty ofc as always. Only 1 normal server is there.
I can join by quick match option but it usually ends up in full server, and that is good most of the time but
i enjoy this game playing with friends, so 1-2 friends need to wait a new spot on team or that round will end.
(and usually everyone left that point)

Hello JalluNasse,

I agree you with most of the premiums server are empty. However if you want to find a normal server. Just use the buttons in the main menu. If the server is almost full press escape and retry. If you do this, you would be able to know what is the map and how many players are in. The QuickPlay is meant for a solo player not a group of players.

Ok, hello. Can anyone tell me where the points are now gaining? Is the HUD on or off? And where to turn it off? I used to play only Clash in normal mode without markers, I have now to play with the markers in order to get more points? Thx, and sorry for googletranslate/

3 minutes ago, buGzilla said:

Ok, hello.

Can anyone tell me where the points are now gaining?

Same than before. Kills, airdrop, survive a roud, survived a game, win a round, win the game, found the point ( gamemode : raid ), capture the point, and a lot more.

Before a kill in raid ( normal mode ) was 200 points and in easy 100 points. Now it's 100 points. So I think they didn't changed anything and just set the values of easy mode for now.

Is the HUD on or off? And where to turn it off?

By default the HUD is activated, if you want to disable it. Just go into your options => Game Options => Hud Helper

I used to play only Clash in normal mode without markers, I have now to play with the markers in order to get more points?

You will get the same amount of point with or without the HUD.

Thx, and sorry for googletranslate/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

You will get the same amount of point with or without the HUD.

Thank you, now everything is clear. But after all, with HUD this game loses half its charm, annoyingly.

9 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

Hello JalluNasse,

I agree you with most of the premiums server are empty. However if you want to find a normal server. Just use the buttons in the main menu. If the server is almost full press escape and retry. If you do this, you would be able to know what is the map and how many players are in. The QuickPlay is meant for a solo player not a group of players.

You do realize that now when you cant see all servers and amount of players you spend ages just clicking back and forth? Specially now if you're trying to find game for 2 or more players...(team mates)

And off course now when you finally maybe find server with client teammate have to join via friendlist which often means that hes not able to join anymore because the delay...now what happens is that i join to server, tell my buddy to join but theres often delay showing friends in list and now when he finally tries to cconnect neither my side id full or whole server is full.

old serverlist you just found server and joined together, you only said "join to server that and that"...now you spend time clicking and clicking and clicking.

and again, if i choose "internet" servers it only shows few premium(empty)servers? And few "custom" ones which are seemly user only for advertizing...

yesterday it took insane time and effort to trying to join servers as group.

5 minutes ago, Gspot said:

You do realize that now when you cant see all servers and amount of players you spend ages just clicking back and forth? Specially now if you're trying to find game for 2 or more players...(team mates)

And off course now when you finally maybe find server with client teammate have to join via friendlist which often means that hes not able to join anymore because the delay...now what happens is that i join to server, tell my buddy to join but theres often delay showing friends in list and now when he finally tries to cconnect neither my side id full or whole server is full.

old serverlist you just found server and joined together, you only said "join to server that and that"...now you spend time clicking and clicking and clicking.

and again, if i choose "internet" servers it only shows few premium(empty)servers? And few "custom" ones which are seemly user only for advertizing...

yesterday it took insane time and effort to trying to join servers as group.

I'm using the buttons in the main menu raid, link and clash even before the update and I'm still able to found games for me AND my friends. One of them say "Found it" and we all join him with steam. I don't need a server name to join him you know. Steam integration does all the work here.

The way I'll do for me and my friends is quick and easy. In less than 20 sec we are ingame.

I was looking for a server before with the server browser but that was waaayyy more painfull.

Please make damage again like he was. now sniping is imposible from long range and hard from medium. not so funny to play as sniper since last update.

Hi. Guys can you give some feedback about when i gonna reach max 25 points ? Whats after that ? I think its not fun to play if u not going after somth! Once you reach 25 points u stuck in it ! ;/ I think we need go further and think about more weapons etc!! :)