ITokyYourCookie

Ask us anything!

4 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

No, PVP will remain 5vs5 and PvE up to 10vsAI.

Shame, so much potential but this will eventually kill this game.

12 minutes ago, JalluNasse said:

Perhaps play Arma3 if you want to play in bigger battles :f:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Perhaps play Arma3 if you want to play in bigger battles :f:

2 hours ago, JalluNasse said:

Agree with R0adki11, this is not why Argo was created :)

Hi all great game love it, ever see you at Argo esport event beers on me ?

Firstly the current input lag is game breaking needs to be fixed are you looking into this?

Are you looking at some night time game modes where you spawn with nvg equipped?

Level 25 is max at the moment is this going to go up so we can have multiple loadouts?  Eg. A LMG set up and lets say a DMR one so i can sub in for a team mate instead of having to reset my entire build.

You going to add level only cosmetic items to help show the time you have spent in game.

Are you going to change firing range to the dummies in the vr room so we can actually see time to kill and the way bullets effect the target.

Is the bullet penetration the same as arma3 or is there none in Argo

Sorry me again haha.

I love this gave and want it to succeed. 

I have noticed allot of people complaining that its too un fare for say a lvl 2 vs a lvl 13 have you considered making starter loadouts a mash of higher tear stuff?

Some examples could be:

A smg class with basick armor.

6.5 lmg with a red dot and smoke nades

You could even do like a free weapon rotation every 2 weeks just some ideas

Hello everyone :). I just wanted to ask if maybe in the future we will be able to unlock and buy the quadcopter like the one in Arma. It probably would not be effective in the fast paced gamemode but in Clash I think it would be pretty nice. 

Greetings Alex 

Edited by Alex_Dope

On 2017-6-29 at 1:24 PM, mighty_aln said:

Hi all great game love it, ever see you at Argo esport event beers on me ?

Hello, thank you. :)

Firstly the current input lag is game breaking needs to be fixed are you looking into this?

We know it affects some people, so we'll investigate.

Are you looking at some night time game modes where you spawn with nvg equipped?

No plans for that for Argo. For more variable gameplay, there's Arma. :)

Level 25 is max at the moment is this going to go up so we can have multiple loadouts?  Eg. A LMG set up and lets say a DMR one so i can sub in for a team mate instead of having to reset my entire build.

Not at the moment. There are some options we discussed, so we'll see about that in the future.

You going to add level only cosmetic items to help show the time you have spent in game.

Not really, we liked to offer freedom in terms of headgear/facewear customization, and putting some items behind a timegate didn't feel quite right.

Are you going to change firing range to the dummies in the vr room so we can actually see time to kill and the way bullets effect the target.

That's an interesting idea, although the VR guys wouldn't quite fit the firing range. We'll think about options.

Is the bullet penetration the same as arma3 or is there none in Argo

The penetrability of bullets is lower in comparison with Arma. With the Arma's damage models, way too many kills happened through walls, which was far from fun.

On 2017-6-29 at 2:30 PM, mighty_aln said:

Sorry me again haha.

I love this gave and want it to succeed. 

I have noticed allot of people complaining that its too un fare for say a lvl 2 vs a lvl 13 have you considered making starter loadouts a mash of higher tear stuff?

Some examples could be:

A smg class with basick armor.

6.5 lmg with a red dot and smoke nades

You could even do like a free weapon rotation every 2 weeks just some ideas

When you let the game find server for you, it tries to match you with people around your level (besides some other conditions). Although there are differences in the power of weapons, headshots are still lethal, so positioning, awareness, and precision is often more valuable than a powerful gun. And even weaker guns in fact need just a handful of shots to the torso (even armored one) to kill – if you can avoid a better equipped player shooting back at you with clever positioning, you can overcome them.

2 minutes ago, Alex_Dope said:

Hello everyone :). I just wanted to ask if maybe in the future we will be able to unlock and buy the quadcopter like the one in Arma. It probably would not be effective in the fast paced gamemode but in Clash I think it would be pretty nice. 

Hello, we do not plan adding those to Argo, it doesn't fit its kind of gameplay much. Drones make much more sense in various Arma scenarios.

Greetings Alex 

• Like 2

Hello and first of all thank you for giving this awesome game for free. I'm already a supporter because I think you do deserve at least some money for the great creation Argo is. BUT there is one thing I would really LOVE to have (to listen to). Please, please, give me the spawn soundtrack from Argo multiplayer. Or some info of where I can find the track. I'm absolutelly in love with it! Thank you for your help! :)

And once again: you guys are awesome for releasing such a great game for free!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Majmusi said:

Hello and first of all thank you for giving this awesome game for free. I'm already a supporter because I think you do deserve at least some money for the great creation Argo is. BUT there is one thing I would really LOVE to have (to listen to). Please, please, give me the spawn soundtrack from Argo multiplayer. Or some info of where I can find the track. I'm absolutelly in love with it! Thank you for your help! :)

And once again: you guys are awesome for releasing such a great game for free!

Check the install directory, in another folder named "Bonus".

• Like 1

Just a simple question guys....are u hoping to add any new game modes to the game ?

привет,не могу начать играть ,игра пишет"вас выгнали из игры"-что делать как исправить?

20 hours ago, Cheru443 said:

Just a simple question guys....are u hoping to add any new game modes to the game ?

Not so far, we will focus on polishing the ones we have.

11 hours ago, tor44 said:

привет,не могу начать играть ,игра пишет"вас выгнали из игры"-что делать как исправить?

This is English speaking forum, please keep the posts in English.

Hi everyone. I have some basic questions because I am kind noob playing Argo :

1. Can you add friends and play with them in a squad ? If not, will you implement it ? It will be nice if you have a full team to get more exp and money

2. Will Argo include the same features as Arma 3 ?

3. Do you plan to continue developing Argo in the future ?

Edited by KingCalifax
Adding questions

Do you guys plan on releasing some mission editor templates for Raid, Link and Clash?

Also, if anyone makes a good enough version of a given gamemode, any chance of it becoming official?

Hi,

i'm just wondering if argo will ever have mod support?

please answer i'm dieing to know.

On 06/07/2017 at 0:37 AM, LifeHax said:

Hi,

i'm just wondering if argo will ever have mod support?

please answer i'm dieing to know.

Hi, no Argo will no support mods.

On 05/07/2017 at 11:52 PM, jewish freak said:

Do you guys plan on releasing some mission editor templates for Raid, Link and Clash?

Also, if anyone makes a good enough version of a given gamemode, any chance of it becoming official?

Yes, we do :)

On 04/07/2017 at 3:49 PM, KingCalifax said:

Hi everyone. I have some basic questions because I am kind noob playing Argo :

1. Can you add friends and play with them in a squad ? If not, will you implement it ? It will be nice if you have a full team to get more exp and money

2. Will Argo include the same features as Arma 3 ?

3. Do you plan to continue developing Argo in the future ?

1) Hi, sadly due to technical limitations we can't add a lobby as you are used to from CS:GO or other games, in Argo you can join friends on a server through server browser tab "Friends" or through steam feature "Join game".

2)  Not necessarily, what exact features are you asking about?

3) Yes we do :)

This is still a big one coming out of the community, we need a easier way to change between set ups in link I'm main LMG but the big drama is when we transfer to a clash scrim I run the DMR as it is a slower paced game mode with great sight lines.

Lots of people are running in to this and having to do a complete load out change and re spec is getting frustrating we are happy to pay the credits but needs to be faster, can we see a fix anytime soon?

1. How exactly do the armors work? Id like to hear how much a light armor helps in comparison to heavy armor for example.

2. Have you thought about extending the skill tree, extending level cap and bringing in more weapons, maybe medkits and alternative helmets with armor values (into the skill tree)?

3. Why is there so few maps for each gamemode when arma 3 has so many enormous maps made for it already? you could basicly crop out a random part of one and call it a map with minor changes.

4. Are you going to let this game die off, or will BIS actually do something to save it while they still can? :)

5. Why are weapons such as SPAR 16 & LIM so easy to get and so cheap? Even some lvl25 players play with those weapons because of how lazerbeam accurate they are, it should cost more than it does. Alike, the weapons that are underpowered for the amount of skillpoints they require to unlock, like Type 115 or ASP KIR, along with other "top tier" weapons, should be made cheaper in skillpoint requirements. 

6. What happened to bullet penetration we know from arma 3? 

On 09/07/2017 at 0:43 AM, TEC HazeCake said:

1. How exactly do the armors work? Id like to hear how much a light armor helps in comparison to heavy armor for example.

Light Vests are approximately 40% improvement over the basic ones. Heavy Vests are 20% improvement over the Light ones.

2. Have you thought about extending the skill tree, extending level cap and bringing in more weapons, maybe medkits and alternative helmets with armor values (into the skill tree)?

No plans for medkits and armored helmets, they're not included intentionally. With the skill tree etc., we'll see in the future.

3. Why is there so few maps for each gamemode when arma 3 has so many enormous maps made for it already? you could basicly crop out a random part of one and call it a map with minor changes.

This is actually not true. While the levels take place in various parts of the big map, there are additions to balance out particular game modes. Also, the map itself was actually created with the gameplay in mind. Our level designers shared more details about their work in a devblog.

4. Are you going to let this game die off, or will BIS actually do something to save it while they still can? :)

Dude… :)

5. Why are weapons such as SPAR 16 & LIM so easy to get and so cheap? Even some lvl25 players play with those weapons because of how lazerbeam accurate they are, it should cost more than it does. Alike, the weapons that are underpowered for the amount of skillpoints they require to unlock, like Type 115 or ASP KIR, along with other "top tier" weapons, should be made cheaper in skillpoint requirements. 

Guns like SPAR or LIM are significantly weaker than higher-tier weapons. However, they also naturally offer much lower recoil, which is something that skilled players can utilize. It also means that someone with lower level can reasonably fight higher-level opponents – so the skill can play more important role than a gun. In general, the choice of an "ideal" gun depends on situation and one's playstyle. Type 115 (thanks to its two muzzles) and ASP (thanks to its "weird" subsonic ammoú are special-purpose weapons and their position in the skill tree is quite justified if they can be used right. However, they won't (and shouldn't) suit everyone.

6. What happened to bullet penetration we know from arma 3? 

Was adjusted so the game would be actually playable. :) (I covered that a bit in my devblog.)

Do you guys have plans to make this game a competitive one in a pro league (ESL)? If yes, what is the main game mode for that (Link, Raid or Clash)?