ITokyYourCookie

Ask us anything!

55 minutes ago, Nic1 said:

Does the reset skill tree option re-lock all categories and reset you to zero skill points or does it re-lock all of the categories and refund all the skill points used to unlock all the different categories?

You get all your skill points back. There is no downside to resetting currently.

Edited by KronX

On 12.5.2017 at 10:48 AM, Locklear said:

Yes, we will be there. (Fancy a beer? :D)

I would be in for it!

1. What is currently planned for the "white boxes"? Are they meant as a resupply? or additional xp? or something "top secret"? :D
  2. Where can I find a list of the Developer Team for Project Argo?( I know about "Lukas Haladik (Ghostonex)", "Lada Brabcová (ITokyYourCookie)", "David Konár (Vietwitch)", "David Sláma (Locklear)", "Jaroslav Řízek (Defwen)", "Filip Rybář (Millhauz)", "Jan Van Hassel (soliah)", "Hedrik Offenberg (Tehspycer)"....?

11 hours ago, Yoshi_E said:

I would be in for it!

1. What is currently planned for the "white boxes"? Are they meant as a resupply? or additional xp? or something "top secret"? :D
  2. Where can I find a list of the Developer Team for Project Argo?( I know about "Lukas Haladik (Ghostonex)", "Lada Brabcová (ITokyYourCookie)", "David Konár (Vietwitch)", "David Sláma (Locklear)", "Jaroslav Řízek (Defwen)", "Filip Rybář (Millhauz)", "Jan Van Hassel (soliah)", "Hedrik Offenberg (Tehspycer)"....?

1. Who knows. :)

2. There will be credits, eventually, but there's no list available at the moment, sorry.

What are the values for the Body Armor 1 and Body Armor 2?
in terms of cfg: armor, material, passThrough,  radius,  explosionShielding, minimalHit?

or rather the factor between Armor 1 and 2

Also how does the Armor apply, is it default arma 3 setup or does it apply to the hole body?

On 2017-5-21 at 1:03 AM, Yoshi_E said:

What are the values for the Body Armor 1 and Body Armor 2?
in terms of cfg: armor, material, passThrough,  radius,  explosionShielding, minimalHit?

or rather the factor between Armor 1 and 2

Also how does the Armor apply, is it default arma 3 setup or does it apply to the hole body?

There are just four hit zones: head, body, arms, and legs. The damage is applied in the same way as in Arma 3, the engine part of the damage model haven't been touched. However, the config values you ask about wouldn't tell you a whole lot, since also the damage of the weapons (or bullets, rather) and some other properties have been changed quite a lot.

Light Vests offer no additional protection (wearing one is a cosmetic thing, it's equal to wearing none in terms of damage protection). A medium vest lowers the damage you take to your body hit zone by roughly 40% in comparison to a light (or no) vest. A heavy vest lowers the damage you take to your body hit zone by roughly 20% in comparison to a medium vest, or by roughly 50% in comparison to light (or no) vest. Head, arms, and legs are unaffected by vests.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Locklear said:

Light Vests offer no additional protection

Body armor (medium vest, heavy vest) affects stamina (fatigue)?

How does the point system in clash work? Sometimes you get 1, sometimes you get 2 points for capturing / winning a round? Though to be honest I think its a bug :D

Chocolate or vanilla?

Are there plans for new skins for equipment?

24 minutes ago, Nightmare515 said:

Are there plans for new skins for equipment?

May be look at this topic? Weapon skins

16 hours ago, urfinjuce said:

Body armor (medium vest, heavy vest) affects stamina (fatigue)?

Yes, a tiny little bit. It's not intended to bother too much with these aspects in Argo, so the gameplay is more streamlined. For more complex simulation, there's Arma. :)

14 hours ago, Yoshi_E said:

How does the point system in clash work? Sometimes you get 1, sometimes you get 2 points for capturing / winning a round? Though to be honest I think its a bug :D

Capturing a neutral sector, or defending yours = 1 point. Capturing an enemy sector = 2 points. If you click on a game mode in the main menu, and then on the "learn more" button in the upper right corner, you can find more information and tips about game modes, equipment, and other things.

• Like 1

On 4. 6. 2017 at 6:13 PM, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

Any chance we can organize a reddit Q&A on the project argo subreddit before the June 22 release?

There is very little chance for that, we are all working on the game as hard as we can. If we find a time gap, we would love to. 

• Like 1

What are the servers for this game? will there be any dedicated asian server? I am from India and i was playing the game yesterday and minimum ping i was getting is above 200. 

I hope to see a dedicated asian server in future as I believe for this game there will be a huge player base in here. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, MooDuck said:

Can we play as a Serbian soldiers?

Flames and Clouds are two separate mercenary factions, neither are from any one country.

On 7. 6. 2017 at 0:26 PM, TrueCruel_Nobody said:

Will it be possible to play Arma 3 made missions in Argo?

It depends on the mission itself. More complex missions mostly won't work, because they use assets which are available only in Arma 3 (various vehicles, weapons, or even some scripted modules which won't be present in Argo). But the tech behind all this is basically the same, so most of the missions can be somehow adjusted to work even in Argo and some missions can work even without any changes (but there probably won't be many of these).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, darkdruid said:

It depends on the mission itself. More complex missions mostly won't work, because they use assets which are available only in Arma 3 (various vehicles, weapons, or even some scripted modules which won't be present in Argo). But the tech behind all this is basically the same, so most of the missions can be somehow adjusted to work even in Argo and some missions can work even without any changes (but there probably won't be many of these).

Thanks :) Got your answer already in the other topic from me, but again thank you for the more detailed clarification. I was aware that the mission will have to be tweaked because of the lack of modules/assets. 

The mission I want to host then (which I do now in A3 and made myself - a patrol-esque type), consinst in the editor only of the playable units and markers - the rest is made only in .sqf. So maybe, I am a lucky one and only have to change the playable units and it will work :)

1. Why is there no jump?

2. Why i cant talk in game while dead, and other are able to do that?

3. How can i play dead? iw seen guy doing it and its pretty cool... aldo cheesy tactic  :)

4. Theres lotsa teamkilling... have you considered maybe to implement reflective damage when fireing on a teammate, so that shooter gets killed?

5. Any chance of an official clan ladder?

Hi. Excuse me, if this question has already been asked.
Will there be a reset (wipe) skills at June 22?

On 10. 6. 2017 at 0:34 AM, PumpkinTroll said:

1. Why is there no jump?

2. Why i cant talk in game while dead, and other are able to do that?

3. How can i play dead? iw seen guy doing it and its pretty cool... aldo cheesy tactic  :)

4. Theres lotsa teamkilling... have you considered maybe to implement reflective damage when fireing on a teammate, so that shooter gets killed?

5. Any chance of an official clan ladder?

1. It was design decision. Jump changes gameplay in many ways and similar to Arma 3, we didn't want to go this way.

2. We do not limit communication of dead players. If you are not able to speak in the game after you die, please report it as a bug together with as much details as possible on our Feedback Tracker (https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/12/). Thanks

3. There is no feature/animation dedicated directly to pretending to be dead. But some people do it by using the lowest stance available. You can use 'Adjust Stance Down' action (see Options > Controls in the game) to go to the lowest stance.

4. We believe this issue is caused mostly by not recognizing friendly and enemy units by new players. We made some small tweaks to help with this, but we currently don't plan to punish players in a way you have proposed.

5. There is no official support of clans at this moment and we do not plan it for the release.

4 hours ago, urfinjuce said:

Hi. Excuse me, if this question has already been asked.
Will there be a reset (wipe) skills at June 22?

There is one more reset planned. We are still tweaking the game to balance it for the best experience possible and we will need to reset all the progress.

• Like 2

If you choose to reset the skill tree for 8700 AC I know you get the skill points back, but do you get all the AC you spent back? If not would you consider giving at least a percentage of AC points back upon reset?

You cannot use weapons/gear you bought if you don't have the appropriate category unlocked anymore, but you still own the items. If you unlock its category again, you regain access to the weapon/gear you bought; you don't have to buy it again.

• Like 1