ITokyYourCookie

Ask us anything!

happy with the SMG answere, really looking forward to that addition,

a (not so serious) suggestion for a silenced pistol kit: silenced pistol of your choice, and maybe no primary ?(or a marksman rifle with a scope without secondary optics) and smoke or chemlight.

To bring in the new year, is there any chance we could set up a more structured AMA on the Project Argo Subreddit?

I feel like it'd give the devs and players a chance to take more of a conversational tone, which will help some people understand what it is you guys are trying to do better, along with giving us the chance to ask more relevant questions. 

12 hours ago, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

To bring in the new year, is there any chance we could set up a more structured AMA on the Project Argo Subreddit?

I feel like it'd give the devs and players a chance to take more of a conversational tone, which will help some people understand what it is you guys are trying to do better, along with giving us the chance to ask more relevant questions. 

I will look into it, sounds like a good idea. After all this topic is more for gathering questions to be answered on streams :)

Are there plans for any updates that will add in more weapon customization based on experience and game play performance?

13 hours ago, cslovik said:

Are there plans for any updates that will add in more weapon customization based on experience and game play performance?

Yes, early 2017 :)

Have you considered allowing players to switch teams without losing their score? I think that it would encourage the balancing of the teams during rounds. 

• Like 2

Ahoj!

When will be the next livestream?

In the future stream will there be a Twitch chat finally enabled?

15 hours ago, HoubaCzech said:

As far as I remember, Twitch chat was enabled previous times.

On 20/01/2017 at 10:13 PM, HoubaCzech said:

The chat was always enabled :)

On 17/01/2017 at 6:35 PM, Mitrail said:

Ahoj!

When will be the next livestream?

Nothing planned yet, we will inform you when we know the date :)

Hello,ive been tryng to join arma 3 servers,but i get kicked from every,i updated netframework,battleye and everything,please help me :c i just  bought arma so im pretty nooby,theres no solutions on reddit and forums

On 30/01/2017 at 6:50 PM, Hawk OHG said:

Hello,ive been tryng to join arma 3 servers,but i get kicked from every,i updated netframework,battleye and everything,please help me :c i just  bought arma so im pretty nooby,theres no solutions on reddit and forums

Hi, this forum is for Project Argo not Arma 3. I suggest contacting Arma 3 team either here on forums in the right topic https://forums.bistudio.com/forum/153-arma-3-troubleshooting/ or on our feedback tracker https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/1/. Good luck! :)

Hello! I would like to ask how to change the appearance of a soldier. I had it at first logon. Now I can not find it. Regards!

7 hours ago, aldzik said:

I would like to ask how to change the appearance of a soldier. I had it at first logon. Now I can not find it.

Update 0.75

Loadouts:
Changed: Apparel/Equipment screen is turned off for now and apparel is assigned automatically based on faction. 

Should keep the body appearance as set for teams but allow headgear changes.  : P

On 12.03.2017 at 7:35 PM, UrfinJuce said:

Update 0.75

Loadouts:
Changed: Apparel/Equipment screen is turned off for now and apparel is assigned automatically based on faction. 

Thansk for reply.

2 hours ago, StormidZe said:

Can i get music playing in main menu?

Hi, the music in main menu should be playing on default. Is it possible you have disabled it in options?

What is the plan for the game?

1. There was no update for almost 4 Months, and there are some very annoying issues... Update cycle?
  2. Your Blog does not mention it: Is Project Argo planned as a full priced stand alone game?
  3. When do you plan to promote the game?
  4. Will it be free for Arma 3 Owners?
  5. In your Blog you mentioned "e-sport", yet all traces of it disappeared from the visible game ("strong spectator feature")? Do you plan to push the game towards becoming an E-Spots title (with a client side netcode)?
  6. Will the Game be developed Independent from Arma 3 content? Special Buildings, Weapons (Shotguns, Flashbangs,...)?
  7. Will the project get a "Match maker" (skill based / creation of squads) or will it stay on the Arma2/3 server joining....?

More in depth questions:

• Will the penetration mechanics be reworked (I know you talked in your blog about it, and the reason for doing it)? Right now it seems weird that a mar-10 cannot penetrate a 1cm wooden plank, or barley a 1mm thick metal plate. Also Bushes and leafs are very hard to "penetrate".
  • When will Gear be Customization reintroduced? And how will it work with the Hardcore Modus?
  • Dynamics Weather and Time, when? Will there be a setting for Night mode? NVG / Flashlights?
  • Dynamic maps, will it be possible to "influence the map" more? e.g shoot a wooden wall open to create a passage to another room... use a 40mm to destroy a wall...? Or the usage of tripwire mines?
  • Team-killing, right now it happens quite often that people will team-kill on purpose directly at the spawn, will there be a server wide "karma" and punishment system to keep team killers of games for a certain period?
  • Will there be an improved anti cheat? I already saw at least 2 "Cheater" using e.g speed-hack (have video proof, and yes i know the difference between lag and hacks).
  • Will there be a leveling system? "Eventually, there will be a system in the game to unlock various pieces of equipment" --Locklear

13 hours ago, Yoshi_E said:

What is the plan for the game?

1. There was no update for almost 4 Months, and there are some very annoying issues... Update cycle?
  2. Your Blog does not mention it: Is Project Argo planned as a full priced stand alone game?
  3. When do you plan to promote the game?
  4. Will it be free for Arma 3 Owners?
  5. In your Blog you mentioned "e-sport", yet all traces of it disappeared from the visible game ("strong spectator feature")? Do you plan to push the game towards becoming an E-Spots title (with a client side netcode)?
  6. Will the Game be developed Independent from Arma 3 content? Special Buildings, Weapons (Shotguns, Flashbangs,...)?
  7. Will the project get a "Match maker" (skill based / creation of squads) or will it stay on the Arma2/3 server joining....?

More in depth questions:

• Will the penetration mechanics be reworked (I know you talked in your blog about it, and the reason for doing it)? Right now it seems weird that a mar-10 cannot penetrate a 1cm wooden plank, or barley a 1mm thick metal plate. Also Bushes and leafs are very hard to "penetrate".
    Thin surfaces can be penetrated by most weapons (depends on distance, as well). Bushes are sometimes tricky due to the way how they are made in Arma, but they should be mostly okay, too. If you find particular case where the penetration feels too off, please feel free to let me know and/or report the issue.
  • When will Gear be Customization reintroduced? And how will it work with the Hardcore Modus?
    We plan customization of headgear/facewear/vests. Uniforms shall be faction-specific to preserve clarity.
  • Dynamics Weather and Time, when? Will there be a setting for Night mode? NVG / Flashlights?
    There are no plans for dynamic weather or night missions.
  • Dynamic maps, will it be possible to "influence the map" more? e.g shoot a wooden wall open to create a passage to another room... use a 40mm to destroy a wall...? Or the usage of tripwire mines?
    The maps are carefully designed to provide balanced gameplay. The option to destroy certain structures would disrupt this, and is not intended.
    In connection to the previous question, I understand you ask for these advanced mechanics, but they have never been intended for Argo. However, we believe that players who like the feeling of Argo and want to expand the experience will find that in Arma.
  • Team-killing, right now it happens quite often that people will team-kill on purpose directly at the spawn, will there be a server wide "karma" and punishment system to keep team killers of games for a certain period?
    With the addition of metagame, team killing will be quite punishing for player progression. We've been looking for additional mechanics to handle intentional friendly fire, too.
  • Will there be an improved anti cheat? I already saw at least 2 "Cheater" using e.g speed-hack (have video proof, and yes i know the difference between lag and hacks).
    Cannot elaborate on this, it's out of my scope, sorry. There's the Battle Eye anti-cheat, at least.
  • Will there be a leveling system? "Eventually, there will be a system in the game to unlock various pieces of equipment" --Locklear
    Yes, there will be one.

Hello, thank you for the questions. I've answered the second part of them in the quote. I have nothing to disclose in relation to the first half at the moment, but please stay tuned for future announcements soon™.

• Like 3

Well first of all, thanks for the amazing new update, but here are some questions:

1. Do you receive XP after disconnecting from a game (and it ends)?
  2. Right now its possible to "farm" xp by just joining an empty server, are there any plans for countermessures?
  3. Was this the last "Stat reset" or is another one planned for the release of the game?
  4. Are you tracking how many teamkills each player is doing? And what is the global average teamkill for hardcore / normal :D
  5. Why does in the game mode "Link", linking a node or the main node give you no xp? This promotes "camping" the node rather than going to capturing it (or attempting it)?
  6. It seems 90% of the servers are Hardcore now, will you try to move more towards hardcore in general? (I like it)
  7. Not sure if you are allowed to answer this: Will Bohemia be present on the Gamescom 2017 (I checked and there is no stand reserved yet :down: )?

9 hours ago, Yoshi_E said:

Well first of all, thanks for the amazing new update, but here are some questions:

Hello and thank you. :)

1. Do you receive XP after disconnecting from a game (and it ends)?
    No, you don't; you have to be connected at the end of the match.
  2. Right now its possible to "farm" xp by just joining an empty server, are there any plans for countermessures?
    It's actually a bug. When it's fixed, you'll only get points in matches against at least one opponent.
  3. Was this the last "Stat reset" or is another one planned for the release of the game?
    At least one stat reset will definitely happen.
  4. Are you tracking how many teamkills each player is doing? And what is the global average teamkill for hardcore / normal :D
    We are tracking a lot of things. ;)
  5. Why does in the game mode "Link", linking a node or the main node give you no xp? This promotes "camping" the node rather than going to capturing it (or attempting it)?
    There are points for disrupting the enemy node 2, retaking own node 2, and staying at Main while it's captured by your team. I'm not sure why you would avoid capturing a node…
  6. It seems 90% of the servers are Hardcore now, will you try to move more towards hardcore in general? (I like it)
    Eventually, yes. For custom games, both difficulties will still be available.
  7. Not sure if you are allowed to answer this: Will Bohemia be present on the Gamescom 2017 (I checked and there is no stand reserved yet :down: )?
    Yes, we will be there. (Fancy a beer? :D)

Does the reset skill tree option re-lock all categories and reset you to zero skill points or does it re-lock all of the categories and refund all the skill points used to unlock all the different categories?