ITokyYourCookie

Ask us anything!

Hello everyone,

since we want to start streaming via Twitch we though we might as well answer some of the questions you have for us  :)

So fire away and ask anything :)

• Like 7

Hello Everyone :)

My Question is short and simple. Some of my friends toled me Arma 3 will go 64 Bit. Is it true? Cus I have a really shitty Computer and dont have the Money for a Gaming Computer. So for me this would be awsome :) Have a nice Day. Please keep up the good Work you Guys are doing!! Cheers!

I would like to know how many people (devs, artists...) are working on Argo for now, and how many of them come from Arma 3.

It could also be interesting to know about the final product (the competitive game), if it will be very close from Arma or very different, in term of visual identity, gameplay, features (such as bullets behaviour, damage model, ...). Will it be part of the Armaverse?

Hello Everyone :)

My Question is short and simple. Some of my friends toled me Arma 3 will go 64 Bit. Is it true? Cus I have a really shitty Computer and dont have the Money for a Gaming Computer. So for me this would be awsome :) Have a nice Day. Please keep up the good Work you Guys are doing!! Cheers!

This one is quick, a 64bits version of Arma 3 was announced in the roadmap, however don't expect magical changes in term of performances.

As you are going for immersion and atmosphere I think it would be a great idea to make people always talk in direct voice even if they talk though the radio. It would be really cool to hear the enemy talking from behind a wall. Do you think this would be a good addition? It would really set this game apart from other games in a similar context.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link.

How do I launch Project Argo?

I have claimed it but I can't find a way to download or launch.

After claiming the key, you need to insert it into steam. Restart your steam after that and Project Argo should be in your library, if not contact us :)

I think that Project Argo is a fantastic opportunity for you to test and work on the enfusion engine with real player feedback. Have you any plans to utilize the enfusion engine for Project Argo?

• Like 3

0. Did you ever look into the advanced and polished community made PvP game modes for A2/OA/A3?

1. Will you open it up to community made game modes or will it remain just yours?

2. Will you make or support tournaments/leagues?

3. What do you do to limit corner camping?

4. Will your game modes always remain so simplistic? Like more advanced spawning mechanics? Vehicles?

5. Will you disable the "model sinking into the ground at distance when in clutter"?

6. Will you decouple terrainGrid setting and clutter drawing distance? (fix the floating objects at distance problem)

7. Do you plan an improved server browser?

• Like 4

Jo guys!

Quick question!

Project argo isn't in my steam library while the site says it is. 

Im already connected to steam. A friend of mine had it within a few seconds. Did i forget something? :P

Sorry for bad english!

Gr. Tim

Will new retextures for clothing and equipment (or whole new models) be added?

Can you share the twitch channel or the start time?

Why not implement the squad.xml logo in each side if the 5 players from a seam team has it activated?

1. Do you guys have a timeline yet for when you expect to transition engines, or are you taking things day by day until you hit the tech wall in RV?

2. Is there an ETA on the metagame aspect of Argo?

3. You mention that RV isn't necessarily your first engine choice, just that it provided the framework to get to work right away.  With that said, and the obvious Enfusion aside, what other platforms have you guys considered?

4. With the talk of supporting the eSports aspect of this game, what is your gameplan regarding leagues/tournaments in Argo?  Will Argo have a competition portal within the game?

5. Are you guys planning a "jump" action to replace vault?  Running around shin high obstacles is getting old.

6. When will battleye be implemented so that server admins can kick/ban trouble players?

7. BIS has an obviously limited outreach to the competition community at the moment.  What do you guys plan to do to rectify that?

8. One of the largest complaints in Argo deals with weapon damage and armor values.  With obvious future tweaks aside, have you guys considered a "hardcore" mode similar to battlefield/call of duty to solve the issue?

9. Will Arma 3 Units be expanded to serve teams who play Argo as well?

10.  We're already logging into a BIS account to play the game (usually).  Are you guys already tracking and storing stats on these accounts, or are you guys waiting until the metagame is complete before you start tracking?

11. With the update, you removed the le Port missions from the Data.  What's the goal behind this?  It makes sense for official servers to use the new rotation exclusively for testing.  But for third party servers and competitive teams, it seems entirely pointless and backwards.

• Like 2

1. it is obvious that you are testing the game mechanics and mission design for a pvp centered game, and while doing it you are also taking advantage of direct feedback for the Malden DLC. Is there anything besides the 2 mentioned before you are looking for feedback from the users?

2. since it is most likely that the engine will change but the game still remain under ArmA's franchise, is that change towards enfusion (which i know it is meant to be very modular)? And if so, wouldn't it be an missed opportunity not to gather some feedback on some of the improvements the new upcoming engine allows it, especially when it comes to a more twitch reaction gameplay?

3. is there a very generic time-frame you are planning to develop Project Argo into a standalone self-sustainable product?

• Like 5

1) Since ARGO is not the full ARMA 3 experience. Will optimizations occur? And when (or are you limited?)? Having this game being played by everyone would be nice to have, that means most of all computer modern spec'd computers would need to have 60 FPS. More players, the better.

2) Is is possible to have a Trello board (like how your DayZ team has one), for those who want to know you guys are working on/testing and following the progress with the game?

• Like 1

Is there any chance future dev streams/Q&A's can be uploaded to youtube afterwards?

Twitch doesn't do variable bit-rate playback, leaving it inaccessible for anyone getting ripped off by their ISP.

At the very least, the Q&A transcript would be nice to see. 

Just spent the last 45 mins loading 15 mins of video that ended up just being the waiting to stream page. 

Is there any chance future dev streams/Q&A's can be uploaded to youtube afterwards?

Twitch doesn't do variable bit-rate playback, leaving it inaccessible for anyone getting ripped off by their ISP.

At the very least, the Q&A transcript would be nice to see. 

Just spent the last 45 mins loading 15 mins of video that ended up just being the waiting to stream page. 

I am currently working on encoding the video and it should be uploaded to youtube by the end of the day :)

• Like 1

Will there be integration of the ArmA 3 / 2 vehicles and cars - maybe even some cars?

Also what will the new PVP system bring in terms of medical and technical things, like kicking doors instead of clicking open on them.

• Like 1