johnnyboy

Are ambient rabbits local to each client?

I remember when first playing Arma 3 that ambient rabbits were local (i.e., I could see a rabbit that another player could not see).

Is it still true that ambient rabbits are local to each client?

I want JBOY dogs to attack near rabbits when they detect them, but if ambient rabbits are local, they won't detect them.  I can createAgent global rabbits of course, but want to know about locality of ambient rabbits.  I may have to detect local ambient rabbits, and replace them with global createAgent rabbits...

Please advise.

Wasn't it changed in the recent updates ?

I recall a MP test for the Ravage mod, was back in March/April I think....Cosmic and I were on a dedicated server checking if rabbits were synced for both players, unfortunately they were not.....so unless, as harmdhast says, things have changed, I believe they are still local.

Easy to test.

nearestEntities + local

Btw, I really thought they announced wildlife would be synced in MP. Am I wrong or do they really plan to do it ?

Edit : After thinking twice about it, the fact it is local to each client free the server from the task of managing rabbits for each player on the server as they are spawned dynamicly on each client.

So having it sync'd may be a performance killer depending on the number of players.

If it is done we should have an option to limit the spawn rates / remove the spawning (NB: this can already be done with enableEnvironment but this command will disable all env. features including ambiant sound, snakes, rabbits and birds)

They should've just let us keep the Ambient Civilians, Ambient Animals, Ambient vehicles and Ambient Combat modules. This way mission makers would decide what is a performance killer and not do this half assed solution.. 

All ambience is local only.