icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Maps planned for 2017

I am working on several island projects right now, so I think I can give you more info:

1. Tonal Reloaded
Remake of classic from OFP, but it's practically a new map. Old one had vertices every 50m, new one has 6.25m ;)

2. Keystone USA
Smaller rural map with wooded areas and smaller towns. Location: Pennsylvania, ZDA.

3. Rowalla
Map is set in vicinity of town Magburaka S of Makeni in central Sierra Leone. It is jungle/savannah area with a lot of rivers. Map has been converted to sea around it.

4. Jade Groove 3
Map is originally from A1 and I've been updating it constantly for the past few months. I still don't like the layout in full. I've added several areas where they filmed Mad Max 1 and 2, but I need more work to call it ready ;)

5. Balkania
I want to show this pretty cool map to the community for the past few years, but A3 assets are keeping me back. It is based on a real area in NW Slovenia & Croatia, but still changed a lot so it is not too close to real stuff - also 1:2 ratio ;) it is suited for 3-sided warfare mission, roads and vegetation is done but a lot of work remaining in towns.

There... I hope to wrap it up before BIS releases A4 =)

p.s. I don't accept any help in form of "I can do that for you" since I've been let down but at least 5 guys - wasted time waiting on empty promises. So if you can assist with assets (buildings, vegetation!) and you are in state of "I did that, this is my donation to you and you can credit my work in the project" you're very much welcome.

I am working hard on Tonal right now (70%) with Rowalla, Keystone and Balkania at about 30% time...

• Like 32

I am working on several island projects right now, so I think I can give you more info:

1. Tonal Reloaded
Remake of classic from OFP, but it's practically a new map. Old one had vertices every 50m, new one has 6.25m ;)

2. Keystone USA
Smaller rural map with wooded areas and smaller towns. Location: Pennsylvania, ZDA.

3. Rowalla
Map is set in vicinity of town Magburaka S of Makeni in central Sierra Leone. It is jungle/savannah area with a lot of rivers. Map has been converted to sea around it.

4. Jade Groove 3
Map is originally from A1 and I've been updating it constantly for the past few months. I still don't like the layout in full. I've added several areas where they filmed Mad Max 1 and 2, but I need more work to call it ready ;)

5. Balkania
I want to show this pretty cool map to the community for the past few years, but A3 assets are keeping me back. It is based on a real area in NW Slovenia & Croatia, but still changed a lot so it is not too close to real stuff - also 1:2 ratio ;) it is suited for 3-sided warfare mission, roads and vegetation is done but a lot of work remaining in towns.

There... I hope to wrap it up before BIS releases A4 =)

p.s. I don't accept any help in form of "I can do that for you" since I've been let down but at least 5 guys - wasted time waiting on empty promises. So if you can assist with assets (buildings, vegetation!) and you are in state of "I did that, this is my donation to you and you can credit my work in the project" you're very much welcome.

I am working hard on Tonal right now (70%) with Rowalla, Keystone and Balkania at about 30% time...

IceBreakr ?? Is this real life? My friend, i was waiting on those maps since they were announced long time ago! I cannot believe  you finally returned to work on them. I wish you best of luck and quality maps , as was always the case :)

• Like 1

You are crazy buddy ^^

Making a bunch of great maps over the past years...Keep up the great work!

Regards

Chaser

• Like 1

I'm already looking forward to their new maps  :D

Have you ever thought about making a Kosovo map?

Really awesome news-Looking forward to the Rowalla map especially. There is not many African maps, and even fewer good African maps :)

• Like 2

Hey, as I said some times ago, you are free to use my addon ;)

Also, if you have some special needs, I may have some time to create stuff !

Can't wait for pictures ;)

GamerOnkel: Kosovo map has been made way back in A1, I did not release it - it's a sensitive area. Almost like women & children in BIS games ;)

lightspeed_aust: Right now it's converted to Ocean, but we can add terrain of Italy and make it a sea. In the NW corner there is an old Rahmadi island that serves as RACS base ;) open to ideas, contact me on Discord.

ineptaphid: it is more savannah like, with one major town, one NATO/UN airbase and several villages spread out. Roads are shitty, but major one is good for fast transfer ... and IED ambushes ;)

emoglobinsky: Sure, send me Skype/Discord contact via PM?

I hope to release screenshots soon, I'll update first post with links to topics on these new islands.

• Like 5

if you send me a plan of what you have in mind for keystone (discord) , i "might" be able and willing to help. let's not disappoint i say ;)

• Like 7

Tonal  :wub:

Glad to hear that you are still working on it.

The African Map sound really great, always wanted to see a good African map since i was in Mali, the Landscape is pretty empty and flat from my experience, and that will make for interesting combat, with not much cover.

Edit: And that damn heat, its really hot, even light gear gets really annoying after time.

• Like 1

Eagle1992: yeah, basically only river beds will provide some cover for choppers ;) there are couple of hills, but nothing major... AA will be hell ;)

armyguy277: yes, at least on some of the maps.

• Like 1

GamerOnkel: Kosovo map has been made way back in A1, I did not release it - it's a sensitive area. Almost like women & children in BIS games ;)

There is also a Kosovo map made by serbian army mod team for ArmA 2, it was kind of a blend between Podaga/Podagorsk and Thirsk.

Oh and about children in bis games. is an old video of a friend and me playing VBS 2 US Army lite, go to around 1:45 and watch from there, there is a kid passing by in a middle of a firefight, jogging.

1:45 for the kid and 3:45 for classic BIS fun :)

I personally would find it much more immersive if they added them, but with all the gore and decapitation mods i don't think i wanna see that kind of realism with children in games.

Very nice IceBreakr! Can't wait!!

I'll be interested in helping with a Caribbean map if you're willing to add one more project.

• Like 3

Are you going to keep the Evel Knievel style ramp on Jade Groove from Arma 1 days? That was absolutely insane! The countless hours of fun & laughter I had trying out different kinds of vehicles (including an AV-8B Harrier) to launch off of it. I'm psyched that you're doing all these maps. My personal faves would have to be Tonal & Jade Groove, but that will probably change once you've released these maps. Keep up the excellent work, this is highly appreciated. Thanks. ;-)

Yay! Ever since you talked about doing Tonal ive been F5-ing every day lol! Thanks for all you do icebreakr, you are a community treasure!

Want to see that Jade Groove! This map is driving me mad (except for these Cherno buildings  :D). Keep it up, hope to see it soon!