LuckyArma

Multiplayer FPS problems

I'm getting terrible FPS on a group server.  I first thought it was all due to the number of mods running, which does affect my frame rate, but not so much that I can't fly.  

The biggest hit(down to 8 FPS while flying helicopters) happens during night missions with weather scripted in.

Is there something I can do client side to improve my frame rate, settings wise I mean.   I've already maxed out my CPU(AMD A10-6800K), maxed out my ram to 16 GB, and upgraded to a GeForce GTX 750 ti GPU.    Which helps online FPS in general, but the group has doubled the mod count from 6 or 7 to 15.  My frame rate isn't as bad as before the added mods and my upgrades, but during the night mission with weather the frame rate drops to 8 FPS.  

Suggestions, tips appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, jumping into a vehicle makes FPS drop in MP. Lags are horrible. Nothing so weird by foot.

Arma's engine is FPS sensible and more or less impacted (even in SP) with different screens and situations: scopes, zooming, vehicles views, 1st or 3rd person, night, NV, quantity of surrounding visible objects...

There are two ways to improve a little bit the FPS:

- your video card and settings;

- in MP, your Internet connection and the server capacity. BI created the "headless client"  to assist dedicated servers but, if i'm right, hosted ones have to compute every AIs.

• Like 1

Does that problem only occur on that specific mentioned server or on any?

Are you using something like ACe or some other view range / object view range changer?

Does that problem only occur on that specific mentioned server or on any?

Are you using something like ACe or some other view range / object view range changer?

YEP!  It was ACE.  I had all my views in ACE set to 10,000 meters.  Lowered them to 1500 now I'm flying between 33 and 40 FPS most of the time,  the lowest FPS is around 24.  

Your specs are really low end for Arma 3, the game isn't well optimized for AMD processors. You may have a view distance mod, or the server might be running a view distance script that changes your view distance in land vehicles / air / etc. Try lowering your objects view distance, objects, and post processing. If you set all of your settings to low Arma 3 will put all of the strain on your CPU, if you set some things to high, like textures or terrain it will put them on your GPU. You want a good even split between them to get solid frames. I was running an AMD FX 9590 and GTX 760 for a while getting maybe 30 frames on well optimized maps with proper caching scripts. On multiplayer poorly optimized maps I would expect anywhere from 6-15 frames. Try adjusting your view distance down between 500-1000 meters.