Sign in to follow this  
meaty

At wits end with auto-report

So i'm at wits end with this flipping auto-report, i've tried every method that the search turned up, and whilst i can get the customdifficulty to work in all other regards, the auto-report still reports! :banghead: Heres the configs, can anyone spot what i'm doing wrong here??

server.cfg

//
// server.cfg
//
// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// STEAM

steamPort           = 8766;  // default 8766, needs to be unique if multiple serves on same box
steamQueryPort      = 27016; // default 27016, needs to be unique if multiple servers on same box

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname            = "SimHQ - Tactics and Teamwork Arma 3 Server";    // The name of the server that will be displayed in the public server list
password          = "im_not_that_stupid";                        // Password to join the server
passwordAdmin       = "im_not_that_stupid";                         // Password to become server admin. When you're connected to the server, open the chat and type '#login password'
//reportingIP       = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";            // not used anymore in Arma 3
logFile             = "arma3server.log";
verifySignatures    = 0;    // Prevent players with unknown mods from joining the server (best kept at 2 if you want to reduce the number of hackers)
equalModRequired    = 0;    // Prevent players who don't have the exact same mods as the server from joining (best kept at 0)
requiredSecureId    = 1;    // was used to define type of secureID

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[] =
{
	"Welcome to the SimHQ Tactics and Teamwork Arma 3 Server",
};
motdInterval        = 5;       // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES
maxPlayers          = 20;        // Maximum amount of players. Anybody who joins the server is considered a player, regardless of their role or team.
kickDuplicate       = 1;         // Each player normally has its own unique ID. If set to 1, players with an ID that is identical to another player will be kicked
//requiredBuild     = 12345;     // Require clients joining to have at least this build version of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers  = 1;         // Tells the server how many people must connect before displaying the mission selection screen, if you have not already selected a mission in this config
voteThreshold       = 0.33;      // Percentage (0.00 to 1.00) of players needed to vote for something, for example an admin or a new mission, to become effective. Set to 9999 to prevent people from voting random players as admins.

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 0;                  // If set to 1, voice chat will be disabled
vonCodecQuality = 10;            // Supports range 1-30; 8kHz is 0-10 (narrowband), 16kHz is 11-20 (wideband), 32kHz is 21-30 (ultrawideband); higher = better sound quality
persistent = 0;                  // If set to 1, missions will continue to run after all players have disconnected
timeStampFormat = "short";       // Set the timestamp format used on each line of the server RPT log file. Possible values are "none" (default), "short", "full".
BattlEye = 0;                    // If set to 0, BattlEye Anti-Cheat will be disabled on the server (not recommended)
//difficulty="Custom";
forcedDifficulty="CustomDifficulty";

// FILE EXTENSIONS
allowedLoadFileExtensions[] =       {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via loadFile command (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124216) 
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via preprocessFile/preprocessFileLineNumber commands (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124323)
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] =       {"htm","html","xml","txt"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via HTMLLoad command (since Arma 3 build 1.27.126715)

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = "";            // command to run when a player connects
onUserDisconnected = "";         // command to run when a player disconnects
doubleIdDetected = "";           // command to run if a player has the same ID as another player in the server

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";    // command to run if a player has unsigned data
onHackedData =  "kick (_this select 0)";     // command to run if a player has data with invalid signatures
onDifferentData = "";                        // command to run if a player has modified data

and the server.Arma3Profile

version=1;
viewDistance=3000;
preferredObjectViewDistance=3000;
terrainGrid=12.5;
activeKeys[]=
{
};

class DifficultyPresets
{
    class CustomDifficulty
    {
        class Options
        {
            groupIndicators=1;
            friendlyTags=2;
            enemyTags=0;
            detectedMines=1;
            commands=1;
            waypoints=1;
            weaponInfo=2;
            stanceIndicator=2;
            reducedDamage=0;
            staminaBar=true;
            weaponCrosshair="true";
            visionAid=0;
            thirdPersonView="true";
            cameraShake=1;
            scoreTable=0;
            deathMessages=0;
            vonID=1;
            mapContent=0;
            autoReport="false";
            multipleSaves="false";
        };

//aiLevelPreset is counted from 0 and can have following values: 0 (AI Level Low), 1 (AI Level Normal), 2 (AI Level High), 3 (AI Level Custom).
        //When 3 (AI Level Custom) is chosen, values of skill and precision are stored to the class CustomAILevel.
        aiLevelPreset=3;
    };
    class CustomAILevel
    {
        skillAI=0.5;
        precisionAI=0.5;
    };
};

I've tried 1 and 0, quotes and no quotes, and everytime i see an enemy i get "contact - infantry - 100m infront", everything else works just fine and i can toggle the stuff at will ... except autoreport :banghead:  

Difficulty menu https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Difficulty_Menu

the code should be autoReport = 0;

but what it only effects the players:

(Former autoSpot) Enables/disables automatic reporting of spotted enemies by players only. This setting does not have effect on AI To stop AI from talking with script, use unit setSpeaker "NoVoice"

As i said, i've already tried 0 and it had no effect. One interesting thing is that i noticed only team leaders auto report! :huh:

The related difficulty option has never been working sadly - even after the difficulty overhaul BIS has been doing...

I suggest using the "NoContactReport" file from my discipline mod : all contact reports are disabled.

Another solution : ACE has a file wich disables the player's voice.