Sign in to follow this  
Forrestal

Odol or mlod

I have read the discusion about "How added the Beretta..." and others topic about the modles in ODOL format.

BIS we (Modmkers) are creating the addons and new models for our satisfaction and for the public (for nothing, you have $$ for the work we no)!! But we have a lot of problems witch the new models. I understan tha you will not to release to the public but you can release then for us.

Witchout MODMAKERS the OFP is dead!!! The Resistance is not the best upgreade. He is average - for me. The others people will to play for example the Hummer witch the AA rockets.

I think that you will to sale more OFP and OFP:R.

We can create addon' likes Tornado F16 and the Radar when we have the MLOD models from OFP 1.46 and Resistance.

Please think about that hm..... PROPOSITIONS.

Modmakers: Tell here about the models that you need.

*Sorry for my bad English*

Regards

[FPP]Forrestal

well, the model of the kiowa and the new police jeep would be nice to have... then i could take off the siren and make it into a regular jeep, and then i could make the kiowa into a normal bell 206.

the whole jeep for only a siren? confused.gif

Well, we will learn from looking at the models, how they are built and so on, then we will be able to create a shitload of things based on those models. We don't have to re-model the HMMWV just to put a .50 cal ontop =)

well actually i really need the Hummer model, to make a Hummer TOW and a Hummer Avenger.

Well, we need the "ODOL2MLOD" tool wink.gif), but will it work back ? I mean if we could change our models to "No-editable" one, can we change it to "Editable" ? Oh, BTW, Oxygen should have a "plugin performance", that we could build our own plugins (example exporting one, coz o2 cannot export, it only imports...).

Ps. Forrestal, kaleczysz język angielski wink.gif)

Cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, we need the "ODOL2MLOD" tool ), but will it work back ? I mean if we could change our models to "No-editable" one, can we change it to "Editable" ? <span id='postcolor'>

I think it is impossible

Yes, I seem to remember something that Suma said about that, about it being impossible to use the ODOL models for anything else but the game. We can't edit them, we can't convert them to editable, and so on.

What we can do though, is wait until BIS releases all those models in MLOD format, and then I assume they will release the MLOD2ODOL tool as well, so that we can turn our newly created things into ODOL format models. Ensuring the safety of our addons, and also bringing down the filesize, which is nice.

You cant edit or convert the ODOL files to editable files since all the little data that is unnecessary for the game but necessary for editing has ben removed. And... there is no need to convert them back, BIS have their models in MLOD.

Why do you want to get the models?

To learn? -Thats Ok, its a good way to learn.

To edit? -Model your own. Its not that hard.

Come on, what's the harm in us editing BIS's models to either create modifications (HMMWV with .50 cal or similar) or even to make them look better. Add realism or details, remove things that are wrong and so on.

It might not be that hard to make the models ourselves, but if they are just sitting there, why shouldn't we use the opportunity to get some quality models in-game.

That is, of course, if BIS will let us edit those and put them in-game. Suma, a reply here?

Will you let us edit those MLOD models and put them in-game?