1 hour ago, Devastator_cm said:

need debugging :/

did they ever move? 

Yes, they'd driven south 3km from Nicolet.

1 hour ago, Devastator_cm said:

need debugging :/

did they ever move? 

Just a question, could you possibly, instead of posting this on dropbox, turn this into an Arma 3 waypoint instead? This way we can have it as a mod? That would indeed be cool! Good work by the way, setting up convoys in vanilla is extremely hard to configure...

7 hours ago, socs said:

Just a question, could you possibly, instead of posting this on dropbox, turn this into an Arma 3 waypoint instead? This way we can have it as a mod? That would indeed be cool! Good work by the way, setting up convoys in vanilla is extremely hard to configure...

I don't speak for DCM, but I suspect his answer might be something along the lines of;

It is best as a script not a mod because it's not possible for missionmakers to tweak the underlying code (like I did earlier) for the very reason you gave - these things are hard to configure.

It is easier to maintain the code as a script rather than a mod.

It is primarily a missionmakers tool, not a server operators tool and these are best deployed as a script, not a  mod. A server operator wants to drop the mod into his addons directory and walk away with job done. A missionmaker want's to be able to mould the tool exactly how he wants it to work. You can only do that with a script, not a mod.

7 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

I don't speak for DCM, but I suspect his answer might be something along the lines of;

It is best as a script not a mod because it's not possible for missionmakers to tweak the underlying code (like I did earlier) for the very reason you gave - these things are hard to configure.

It is easier to maintain the code as a script rather than a mod.

It is primarily a missionmakers tool, not a server operators tool and these are best deployed as a script, not a  mod. A server operator wants to drop the mod into his addons directory and walk away with job done. A missionmaker want's to be able to mould the tool exactly how he wants it to work. You can only do that with a script, not a mod.

Uhhh I just asked if it was possible this way he could put it on steam workshop and it would be auto-updated... I am a mission maker and I don't constantly modify someone elses work so, i guess your wrong there.. And whats to stop him from turning it into a mod and keeping the script for those that want to modify it? 

Yeah. Thanks for putting me right. Appreciated.

I might make a mod version of this script later on like I did by my autopilot script. That later on will be not that close later on as I am working on another project at the moment 

• Like 1

Hi Devastator, I read about some mission makers who ask you for the creation of a mod.
I'm Grenadier of ITF and I have created a mod (Gren EVO) focused mainly on objects and modules arrived at version 3.9. This allows the creation of missions easily and quickly without too many scripts. If you wish I could implement your work in my mod by creating a specific module. Simply insert the form into the map and enter the names of the wp, vehicles and other items that you might consider appropriate in the specific fields. For example I thought to include the possibility to insert a timeout for each wp. ;) If you wish I will be at your disposal. Hi.

Hi Devastator, I am happy you made this mod, it helped me a lot in creating missions. :)

But now while making a new scenario - after countless hours of testing - I am stuck with an issue. Everything seemed to be fine but then in the next test some of the convoy cars suddenly started to ignore the speed limit and overtook the other cars in the front and drove ahead for several kilometers.  The order of the cars in the convoy did never get back to the original setting. I have tried already a lot of different settings to get the convoy OK, ie. decreasing and increasing the speed limit, changing cars to other ones, but nothing worked, the w_3 car overtakes the w_1 car. If more cars, several of them drive to the front and leave the others behind. I am testing several convoys simultaneously in one scenario, all of them starting with a trigger and patroling.

Do you have any idea how I cold solve this problem? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

mb the car in front is stuck and not moving with correct speed at all? AI driving skills in Arma 3 is not that reliable. They might got stuck without any reason time to time :/

Actually there are all different situations. Sometimes the first car is much faster and leaves the convoy. Sometimes those in the middle or the back drive ahead. Could not find any logic... And the trucks  tend to get stuck. 

Thanks for the quick response. 

can you prepare a sample mission with the issue but on vanilla so I can check what is going on?

Planning on using this more frequently in operations of fairly large scale, 100 players, and over 600 AI. Wanted to know if this was implemented with HC support. is the script passed over Headless Client or is this only executed serverside?

Hm no experience with that.  You need to give a try.  For acex there is information in first post

Hola, soy novato en el editor 

Estoy teniendo problema para iniciar el convoy con un activador  

Agradeciera una una buena explicacion de como hacerlo 

Desde ya muchas gracias 

Google translator:

Hi, I'm a novice in the editor

I'm having trouble starting the convoy with an activator

I would appreciate a good explanation of how to do it

From already thank you very much

I just found your script and absolutely love the idea of convoys that don't suck. That being said.... I keep getting a script error when I try to start a convoy.

The error says that line 34 of the ConvoyMove.sqf has an undefined variable "tank".

That code snippet is:

{			
	if ((_x isKindOf "Tank") || (!isNull (gunner (vehicle _x))) ) then  // This is line 34
	{ 
		_arm_groups 	pushBack (group driver _x); 
	    _arm_vehicles 	pushBack _x;
	};

Am I missing something somewhere to cause that issue?

It's been a while, but I would still like to bring single vehicles (no convoy) to patrol.
After a server start this works fine. But after some time the vehicles just stop working. In the middle between two markers, not even at the end point.
Can this script still be used for Arma 3 Exile? Or are others recommended?

I have to see the setup and have some chance to debug it. Maybe something is deleting the markers in behind (another mod or script or whatever) on the map so when vehicle reaches last WP the new re-start is not happening?

[] execVM "Convoy\convoyInit.sqf";
sleep 2;
_handle = [["cm2_3","cm2_4"],[strider_1], 100, 300, 1, "NORMAL", "CARELESS"] spawn DEVAS_ConvoyMove;
_handle = [["cm2_1","cm2_2"],[hunter_1], 75, 300, 2, "NORMAL", "CARELESS"] spawn DEVAS_ConvoyMove;
_handle = [["cm2_3","cm2_4"],[hemtt_1], 50, 300, 3, "NORMAL", "SAFE"] spawn DEVAS_ConvoyMove;
_handle = [["cm1_1","cm1_4"],[hunter_2], 75, 300, 4, "NORMAL", "CARELESS"] spawn DEVAS_ConvoyMove;

This is how I initiate. And yes strider_1 & hemtt_1 have accidents from time to time :)

if(_ConvoyID == 2 && _LastMarker == "cm2_1") then {_handle = [["cm2_2"],[hunter_1], 75, 300, 2, "NORMAL", "CARELESS"] spawn DEVAS_ConvoyMove;};
if(_ConvoyID == 2 && _LastMarker == "cm2_2") then {_handle = [["cm2_1"],[hunter_1], 75, 300, 2, "NORMAL", "CARELESS"] spawn DEVAS_ConvoyMove;};

if(_ConvoyID == 1) then {_handle = [["cm2_3","cm2_4"],[strider_1], 100, 300, 1, "NORMAL", "CARELESS"] spawn DEVAS_ConvoyMove;};

if(_ConvoyID == 3) then {_handle = [["cm2_3","cm2_4"],[hemtt_1], 50, 300, 3, "NORMAL", "SAFE"] spawn DEVAS_ConvoyMove;};

if(_ConvoyID == 4) then {_handle = [["cm1_1","cm1_4"],[hunter_2], 75, 300, 4, "NORMAL", "CARELESS"] spawn DEVAS_ConvoyMove;};

This is ConvoyEnd.

So initially they all start moving. But also they all stop moving after some time.

E.g. hunter_1 is set up for testing and is driving only a short distance. Sometimes for 30 minutes it drives back and forth with no problem, then suddenly stopping between the markers.

Regarding this, I wanna find out how I can debug the scheduler or the existence of the arrays ingame, maybe that would help. But don't know how to do it. Have a hosted Exile server with Infistar. But the debug console is not returning anything, just accepting commands.

@Devastator_cm I'm a little late to the party but just starting to fool around with your script. very nice! One of my biggest pet peeves about arma is the vanilla waypoints will disappear regardless if you have it on a cycle or not to close waypoint loop. once the group goes into combat mode all waypoints are deleted ( it's a arma thing I have been told).  My question is in your script the waypoints can't get deleted because you use markers as waypoints. I would love to make a continuous convoy circling around an area how would I use your marker setup with a cycle waypoint to make the convoy continuous patrol and area. As as now in your demo mission the convoy will stop once it hits its final destination. Is this possible. AVIBIRD

for cycle, you need to add a new convoy call into the ConvoyEnd.sqf. So that SQF is called when last wp is reached. You can there use the convoy ID to capture the right convoy's end, and then start an new convoy movement

• Thanks 1

Just informative, I got a message which stated the links are broken for this script but it looks to me they do work. Dropbox is still available and armaholic is not as the site is not available anymore. If anybody has issues to access the dropbox link please let me know

• Like 1