Sign in to follow this  
Newsparta

KbTell / generic conversations / dedicated server

So i have been working with getting conversations and briefings working on a dedicated server and initially had decent success. I can get a conversation to play on all connected clients however there are a few problems i am having. When I get the mission file on a dedicated server and trigger the conversation, it does not seemingly run it in a scheduled environment so all of the sleep commands are seemingly ignored. The speech itself seems to come out nice and orderly, but both the captioned text and any other functions mixed in (such as assigning a task) get executed all at once. Also I am now noticing that I am only able to get the conversations to work properly on BLUFOR units, I recently tried to add a conversation to a civilian and the script gets executed (I know this because the task to talk to him successfully completes) however the speech does not initiate. I have already added a radio to the civilian and it works fine in sp, just not on a dedicated server. an example of my code is shown below.

{_x KbAddTopic ["briefing","texts.bikb","",""];
juliaCommander KbAddTopic ["briefing","texts.bikb","",""];

juliaCommander KbTell [_x, "briefing","briefingLine1"];

waitUntil 

{

juliaCommander KbWasSaid [_x, "briefing","briefingLine12",3];

};

sleep 1;

juliaCommander KbTell [_x, "briefing","briefingLine13"];} forEach (allPlayers - entities "HeadlessClient_F");

I have tried to research the subject but have not particularly found anything helpful. Does anyone have any insight as to why those problems may occur? Just to clarify everything I have scripted works flawlessly in SP, I just havnt quite figured out how to transition that to dedicated server MP.

BI acknowledged kbtell being bugged; use search to see if thats the same as your issue.

I did find a bug report for KbTell and civilians, but this was pertaining to the civilians needing radios to be added and assigned to their inventory. I have already done this and it works for SP but not dedicated server.