BL1P

Ive waited a fews years now

So ive asked this a few years back i think..

But can we please get a Difficulty Filter for the server browser ?

Or is it that hard to code ?

• Like 1

I don't think we'll see much, if any, improvements in the in-game browser in Arma 3's lifetime. Especially when such things as difficulty filtering is already possible in the launcher browser.

I don't think we'll see much, if any, improvements in the in-game browser in Arma 3's lifetime. Especially when such things as difficulty filtering is already possible in the launcher browser.

Is it ?

I cant see dif filter in launcher ?

Ahh yer its just missing one Difficulty isnt it ?

Thanks Mr. Green

yeah there is definitely a lot of change in the launcher.

Hell, even in the beginning of arma 3, there was no launcher upon startup.

You had to manually select for the launcher to launch in steam.

Even then, it wasn't the best.

Now, you can open arma 3 and go to the "servers" tab.

It'll filter for battleye, difficulty?, map, modifications. etc.

It'll even download missing mods as long as they reside on steam.

Whenever I click on a server, it'll show me the difficulty and the range of difficulties enabled on the server.

I just need a simple way to have my workshop on a different drive now, as my ssd is becoming full.

When I say simple I mean the same as how games get placed on a different drive if you tell steam to do that.

don't want to be fiddling around with dos scripts.

I just need a simple way to have my workshop on a different drive now, as my ssd is becoming full.

When I say simple I mean the same as how games get placed on a different drive if you tell steam to do that.

don't want to be fiddling around with dos scripts.

I think that this possibility already exists.

If you look in the Options/Mods section of A3 Launcher, I think that you can define the file location for storage of Steam Workshop content.

• Like 1

I think that this possibility already exists.

If you look in the Options/Mods section of A3 Launcher, I think that you can define the file location for storage of Steam Workshop content.

I dont think you will find that it does.

I had the same problem as BL1P, small ssd that I wanted to run Arma from.

No matter what you choose in the launcher options, mods are always downloaded to the nearest Steam workshop content (\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\107410) folder to Arma's installation.

e.g I have my base Steam installed at

G:\Games\Steam

but i have installed Arma in a moved installation on my ssd H: (moved as in ask steam to install to a different location, which also creates the usual Steam hierarchy above it)

H:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Arma3\

If in the launcher I change the legacy folder to (old default)

F:\MyDocuments\Arma3\Subscribed Mods\

And I only have one other watch folder

F:\MyDocuments\Arma3\Watched

When subscribing to workshop mods although you will see folders appearing in F:\My Documents\Arma 3\Subscribed mods\!Workshop they are not really there.

These are junction links. If you check out H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\107410 you will see the real folders and files are at this location in a folder denoted by their workshop Id.

This as you can imagine resulted in my small ssd filling up rather quickly.

To fix it I had to copy everything from the H: 107410 folder back to the same folder in my base Steam install G:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\107410, and then add a junction link from H: 107410 to G: 107410 to force workshop downloads to be placed there.

BL1P if your reading this get a program called Link Shell Extension, no DOS windows. It places a junction link creation menu in file explorers right click context menu and makes it as easy as creating a shortcut. Plus its also good for doing DeLorean backups.

If I am missing something let me know but I looked everywhere for an option to do this with in the launcher before proceeding to the steps above.

( TBH I dont use the launcher at all except for when looking for things like this. For me it is missing one crucial item - not having the ability to run multiple profile configurations all with different settings e.g windowed at a smaller resolution for editing with different quality settings OR fullscreen with better settings for actual playing etc I suppose I could do it with a parameter file but you still need to change the file used each time within the launchers options so why bother when the old shortcut with -cfg works and I can fine tune my profiles exactly how I like. Why they only added separate configurations for Mods and not the whole profile still confuses me )

• Like 2