Sign in to follow this  
papoose244

low fps online

Hi guys arma 3 runs perfect in singleplayer  but when i get online to play KOH the fps can plumit what can I do about this? what are the main settings u suggest I lower when going online?

There isnt much you can do, but i advice you to disable VSYNC if you didnt do that. There crowded servers are the main issue for fps drops in ArmA multiplayer:)

would buying a second card for sli help does sli work in arma MP?

Unlikely. What are the specs of your PC?

would buying a second card for sli help does sli work in arma MP?

Simple rule for alle ArmA series games: you can not compensate bad MP performance related to bad server performance with better hardware.

Most servers begin to perform badly around 30 Players and 60 A.I. units. There is nothing you can do about it on the client side.

Hi guys arma 3 runs perfect in singleplayer  but when i get online to play KOH the fps can plumit what can I do about this? what are the main settings u suggest I lower when going online?

The big one for me was ACE's view settings.  By default they were set to 10,000 meters, I lowered them to 1500 and gained a lot of FPS.    I can run with it set up to 3000 without a lot of drop while flying.  On the ground I can go way higher.   

Overclocking my CPU helped also, and I loaded a few things into a ram disk, much better.

I've been looking through forumes and YouTube videos and cant seem to figure out how to make my fps any better either and my pc is way above specs, i think its mostly server side for koth. Its the same for me Apex and regular campaign work great for me maxed out settings but on KOTH I can lower everything to the lowest and horrible frames when i enter the city

yea the game just can't deliver what it sets as its own scope. BUT. you have some power over improving your experience with extra work.

a big factor where you can influence your experience is the terrain. all the CUP terrains run way better for me. so you should get those and try to find a server that has your favourite game modes on one of those maps.

same goes for Stratis btw. Stratis is a well balanced map in terms of size imho. you get ranges that allow air vehicle usage but nothing is blown up just for numbers. sure it could use some more villages but when i want a quick game i always join some Stratis wasteland server or similar because i know it will run well.

sadly in arma you have to really manage your expectations. the game makes you think it's a giant thing that just works out of the box because of the giant maps but it's all about finding out yourself what actually runs well. it's shit but that's the reality.

and since the large urban areas on the most recent maps are problematic on their own already (Georgetown, Kavala etc) adding more than 20 players to the mix sure won't help since larger player numbers is known to take away a lot of performance too. sure it makes sense but in arma it feels exponential for some reason.

so avoid servers that set their missions around those. i tried some KOTH on Tanoa Georgetown the other day. unplayable unless you like torturing yourself.