aimgame

Virtual Arsenal: Loadouts restriction

Just set LARs_overrideVA_showMsg = 0; in the settings file. 95% of the script is just a copy of the arsenals functions and needed to override the key events.

There is nothing heavy about the script other than the necessary checking of the requested loadout. Other than this if it was not doing my copy of the arsenal files it would be doing the vanilla arsenal functions instead. So there is no trade off.

30 minutes ago, champ-1 said:

P.S. "LARs_overrideVA_showMsg = -1" doesn't show any messages for me.

Works fine here. I have even shut down and reloaded Arma to make sure there is nothing left over in uinamespace.

24 minutes ago, Larrow said:

Works fine here. I have even shut down and reloaded Arma to make sure there is nothing left over in uinamespace.

Oh yeah, it works now. Must be something wrong on my side.

Another little thing: when you save new loadout it doesn't appear in the list right away, you need to close and open window for it to show up. 

In vanilla Arsenal it just closes "save" dialog after you press save button.

42 minutes ago, champ-1 said:

Another little thing: when you save new loadout it doesn't appear in the list right away, you need to close and open window for it to show up. 

In vanilla Arsenal it just closes "save" dialog after you press save button.

Fixed. Changed as per vanilla to close dialog when you Save.

@Larrow

Problem: when your removing one of the loadouts in "Load" menu all restricted loadouts changing they color from orange to grey.

My view on it: maybe you shouldn't change their color to orange at the first place. It's kinda not necessary.

On 11/02/2017 at 2:05 PM, champ-1 said:

Problem: when your removing one of the loadouts in "Load" menu all restricted loadouts changing they color from orange to grey.

Fixed

On 11/02/2017 at 2:05 PM, champ-1 said:

My view on it: maybe you shouldn't change their color to orange at the first place. It's kinda not necessary.

My inbox would disagree with you and is why I implemented it. I personally think it shows better to the end user of what is happening, grey is largely thought of as disabled not allowed, of which the loadouts are not, they are restricted.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2016 at 2:22 PM, Tajin said:

Possible, yes. It just requires some digging around in the config.

You'll have to put this bit of code after the command you use to open the arsenal.:

waitUntil { sleep 0.5; !isnull ( uinamespace getvariable "RSCDisplayArsenal" ) };
ctrlEnable [44147, false];

That should to the trick (havent tried it yet)

Not sure why this is not working, but an alternative syntax works well:

[] spawn {
	waitUntil { sleep 0.5; !isnull ( uinamespace getvariable "RSCDisplayArsenal" ) }; 
	{
		_ctrl = (( uinamespace getvariable "RSCDisplayArsenal" ) displayctrl _x);
		_ctrl ctrlenable false;
	} foreach [44146,44147,44150];
};

This will disable the "Random", "Save" and "Load" Button

Edited by He-Man

Finally you can also completely remove this buttons:

[] spawn {
	waituntil {uisleep 1; !isnull (uinamespace getvariable ['RscDisplayArsenal',displaynull])};
	{
		_ctrl = (( uinamespace getvariable "RSCDisplayArsenal" ) displayctrl _x);
		_ctrl ctrlenable false;
		_ctrl ctrlsetposition [0,0,0,0];
		_ctrl ctrlcommit 0;
	} foreach [44146,44147,44150,44148,44149,44346];
};