Jump to content
ITokyYourCookie

Level design feedback

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

We are grateful for every feedback you provide us with and as there is already a lot of feedback on gameplay and mechanics (Keep it coming) we would like to also have some feedback on the locations.

Please use this topic to report bugs, glitches and overpowered spots in our locations. 

Thanks a lot and keep enjoying! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite honestly, I'd like the new locations a lot more if I had the old locations to break up the same thing over and over and over again. 

 

I like the direction of the open level design for the new link and clash modes.  But they don't keep me engaged for as many rounds as the previous levels did. I can't really explain why.

 

Also, on link, I noticed that with the open design being played over and over again, players revert to TDM mode once they quickly learn the map and get bored with the same objectives.  It's like clockwork.  If you play on a Link server and you keep more than half the people between matches, you're guaranteed pure TDM without objective play by the third match. 

 

The new Raid map is far better than the previous Raid map, though the previous was passable and still fun.  It's, by far, the jewel of this update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The location for Link from today's update is phantastic, even better than theone from the first release.

 

Some relly great gameplay on that.

 

regarding the Graphics: ofc it's the best graphics in any videogame out there imo. Simply because it uses the Arma Engine. I love the very realistic and overall good looking graphic style. I don't now a game that looks better and more real. 

 

The placement of all objects is really good this time for Link. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The location for Link from today's update is phantastic, even better than theone from the first release.

 

Some relly great gameplay on that.

 

regarding the Graphics: ofc it's the best graphics in any videogame out there imo. Simply because it uses the Arma Engine. I love the very realistic and overall good looking graphic style. I don't now a game that looks better and more real. 

 

The placement of all objects is really good this time for Link. 

 

I must admit. The first Link map was very pretty, but current Link map offers really enjoyable gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pls do something about friendly team killer (i mean friendly  teammate that keeps killing you when you respawn), it's really frustrating not being able to kick them .... (you can vote but does not work or it requires too many votes......).

 

Edited by magnagatti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, magnagatti said:

pls do something about friendly team killer (i mean friendly  teammate that keeps killing you when you respawn), it's really frustrating not being able to kick them .... (you can vote but does not work or it requires too many votes......).

 

Hi,

you can kick the player but 70% of all players need to vote to kick.

Communicate this with your team and ask them to vote :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry if I wrote in the wrong section.

However 70% is too high,  if the opposing team doesnt vote, is impossible to kick the team killer.

For me an auto kick after  like 3 friendly kill should be a better option

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, magnagatti said:

sorry if I wrote in the wrong section.

However 70% is too high,  if the opposing team doesnt vote, is impossible to kick the team killer.

For me an auto kick after  like 3 friendly kill should be a better option

Thats something we are looking into as we speak :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TK's happen, i have a few on my list, most are when i am at a game objective and the team and i try to defend it, then a team mate moves in your crosshairs while you fire

or you have a CQB situation going around a corner in a building and damn that was a team mate who prior shot the guy you were after and you did not notice.

shit happens, TK's at spawn happen because people click their mouses when the timer runs down.

from this you get the annoyed people TKing back and then you see it escalate,

maybe people should relax and learn to apologise and not flame a TK from the get go.

 

i always write "sorry" for a TK and do not do it intentionally, if the player does not accept it and TK's me, i won't go TKing back, i just avoid that player.

vote kicking is mob rule where most don't know what they vote for.

 

people should be more relaxed and polite, better games less fuss, it is and will always be nothing more than a game you know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/12/2016 at 1:32 PM, suiside said:

TK's happen, i have a few on my list, most are when i am at a game objective and the team and i try to defend it, then a team mate moves in your crosshairs while you fire

or you have a CQB situation going around a corner in a building and damn that was a team mate who prior shot the guy you were after and you did not notice.

shit happens, TK's at spawn happen because people click their mouses when the timer runs down.

from this you get the annoyed people TKing back and then you see it escalate,

maybe people should relax and learn to apologise and not flame a TK from the get go.

 

i always write "sorry" for a TK and do not do it intentionally, if the player does not accept it and TK's me, i won't go TKing back, i just avoid that player.

vote kicking is mob rule where most don't know what they vote for.

 

people should be more relaxed and polite, better games less fuss, it is and will always be nothing more than a game you know.

We are aware that not all team kills are intentional, but it's close to impossible to distinguish them from each other. Of course if you kill a teammate once, that's okay and just a mistake. Although if a person do this more than once he will be punished/ kicked from server.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could you put a (repeat) team killer in spectate mode ? as a sort of time out ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, suiside said:

could you put a (repeat) team killer in spectate mode ? as a sort of time out ?

I think that would only give the whole team an disadvantage as he will not be able to play at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

I think that would only give the whole team an disadvantage as he will not be able to play at all.

it would, but then again, no one has to vote and there is no retaliation which also takes away the advantage of the team.

and since the team killer is on spectate, 4 guys will play rather than 3 when the one killed previously can not TK the teamkiller or start the most annoying flame war on chat.

and with a vote kick, they will end up with 4 anyway, so where is that a loss ?, in spectate the team killer can calm down if need be, and might find time to apologise and help the team.

 

my experience is that when it escalates, you end with 2 or 3 people actually playing, this way there is no escalation and no vote which is cumbersom and often not even a fair thing.

this all distracts from the game, even annoying the other team, spectate does not. and i guess a three strikes your out principle would ensure some peace.

 

team killings are annoying, but explaining how to vote and having a flame war on chat in the same time is even more annoying, at least for those who just want to play.

and vote kicking does not ensure a TK to be voted out, simply because not every one will vote, and this having seen it happen already leads to more vote requests.

and while i was trying to escape in a game i am faced with demands to vote for something again , something i often was not even aware of or have any real knowledge of.

 

illustration,

guy shots another guy, both died, flame war on chat, request to vote, and you are there under that flag, waiting for the timer to run out, trying to keep concentration and people are bugging you to vote....

 

really, this does happen in games, and i'd rather have the time out solution than having my mind twisted by whining kids about a mishap.

a three strikes you're out works best, because people if they are mature, they won't vote on the first request, cause accidents happen. then the second time they might think well maybe, and a third time they will surely vote,

let the game do this rather than the gamers, clear and simple rules, and consequences, with voting the consequence might not even happen.

 

i sure as hell will not vote to kick someone when the victim of the TK is cursing and swearing and bitching in chat all the time ... i will not please that player bad manners should not be rewarded.

 

and when the game sets the rule and consequence, then there are less hurt feelings amoung the players, this will benefit the players more than a lesser demand on the vote, that will only make players avoid each other due to bad experiences .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/01/2017 at 6:01 PM, suiside said:

it would, but then again, no one has to vote and there is no retaliation which also takes away the advantage of the team.

and since the team killer is on spectate, 4 guys will play rather than 3 when the one killed previously can not TK the teamkiller or start the most annoying flame war on chat.

and with a vote kick, they will end up with 4 anyway, so where is that a loss ?, in spectate the team killer can calm down if need be, and might find time to apologise and help the team.

 

my experience is that when it escalates, you end with 2 or 3 people actually playing, this way there is no escalation and no vote which is cumbersom and often not even a fair thing.

this all distracts from the game, even annoying the other team, spectate does not. and i guess a three strikes your out principle would ensure some peace.

 

team killings are annoying, but explaining how to vote and having a flame war on chat in the same time is even more annoying, at least for those who just want to play.

and vote kicking does not ensure a TK to be voted out, simply because not every one will vote, and this having seen it happen already leads to more vote requests.

and while i was trying to escape in a game i am faced with demands to vote for something again , something i often was not even aware of or have any real knowledge of.

 

illustration,

guy shots another guy, both died, flame war on chat, request to vote, and you are there under that flag, waiting for the timer to run out, trying to keep concentration and people are bugging you to vote....

 

really, this does happen in games, and i'd rather have the time out solution than having my mind twisted by whining kids about a mishap.

a three strikes you're out works best, because people if they are mature, they won't vote on the first request, cause accidents happen. then the second time they might think well maybe, and a third time they will surely vote,

let the game do this rather than the gamers, clear and simple rules, and consequences, with voting the consequence might not even happen.

 

i sure as hell will not vote to kick someone when the victim of the TK is cursing and swearing and bitching in chat all the time ... i will not please that player bad manners should not be rewarded.

 

and when the game sets the rule and consequence, then there are less hurt feelings amoung the players, this will benefit the players more than a lesser demand on the vote, that will only make players avoid each other due to bad experiences .

 

The thing is. if the player is kicked, a new one a good one may come along and help the team :) If we were to force the team killer into spectator, it will be 4vs5 until the end of the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can it then be automated ? rather than voting ? less clutter in chat, less distraction from the actual game, and no voting abuse to get team mates in and single players out ?

 

edit

 

7 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

The thing is. if the player is kicked, a new one a good one may come along and help the team :) If we were to force the team killer into spectator, it will be 4vs5 until the end of the match.

 

can it not be a round ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ladder in AA Base (Raid) is climbable. Is that okay?

 

Spoiler

Aw5EqCn.jpg

6WDsHqs.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is a huge disbalance on Clash area of La Riviére. Clouds have a disadvantage when you need to attack neutral point in the harbour storage area, because it's too far away from their starting point. It was the first round, I tried to rush directly to the point, I sure used the shortest route possible, but the point was captured by rushing Flames when I was ~10 meters away from the point. My team was somewhere behind me.

 

Well, maybe there is a shorter path to the point, but I can't imagine it.

 

EDIT: oops, it seems that I confused Flames with Clouds. The team in disadvantage is one that is coming from south. + I played several more battles, now it seems pretty ok, so maybe it was just a wrong impression/maybe I stuck somewhere on my way to the point and just forgot about it lol.

Edited by Apollyanna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old bug of container on point Delta map La Riviere (Clash). Sometimes players spawn in this container and can't get out from it.
Some long container in the first seconds of the video. (00:17).

Spoiler

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

One more bug with textures of container.
Timestamp of video (18:50).

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, urfinjuce said:

Old bug of container on point Delta map La Riviere (Clash). Sometimes players spawn in this container and can't get out from it.
Some long container in the first seconds of the video. (00:17).

  Hide contents

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

One more bug with textures of container.
Timestamp of video (18:50).

  Hide contents

 

 

Thanks for reporting,

the first is not an issue of level design, but of spawning system bug which we are continuously trying to defeat.

The second is as sadly an Art issue, are level designers are working to re-build the location in the way that this does not happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add, please, in the equipment (level 2) the choice of grenades:
- Smoke + hand grenade
- Hand grenade + smoke.
Most often I first use the hand grenade, then smoke. And sometimes I forget to switch the choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, urfinjuce said:

Add, please, in the equipment (level 2) the choice of grenades:
- Smoke + hand grenade
- Hand grenade + smoke.
Most often I first use the hand grenade, then smoke. And sometimes I forget to switch the choice.

 

You can cycle the grenades with a key bind (not sure which one though),

but sure why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me drop this right off here...

 

Argo Feedback


Campers

Every now and then you got some matches full with campers, all they do is hide in a building close enough for us to make it impossible to control the sector (upload).

And within the time frame impossible to find them in the wide possibility of places they can be at some locations.

 

64bit/32bit

I don't know why the 32 bit runs like **** but I had 30 fps on there while I have 60 fps on the 64 bit, why even launch the 32bit by default ?!? 
This gives a false impression of the game running badly since the 64bit runs much smoother.

 

Hackers

Gotta say it, so me first 3 matches was kicking ass and out of the sudden this guy with 0 kills and 17 deaths starts mowing everyone down, knowing where everyone was coming from at all times. but also wierd s**t like after you've shot someone atleast 7 times and they still keep shooting back resulting in your death, at the death cam about 10sec later he flies into the air and is dead. (can be lag, can be oh fuck I forgot to turn me infinity health script off...) Thing is I don't care if I have a bad match myself, but when people are just so bad and out of the sudden they are the best bells start to ringle.

 

Additions for the coop (since this mission is used in/for arma and argo I will say it here tho)

To my suprise did I get nothing for coop, whereby when I play pvp I do.
I would understand it that it would be much less, but still something woulda be better than nothing.

Also the mission in general coulda been easily expanded by keeping the player on the map.
This even gives the posibilies of being able to buy cars to drive from mission A to B.
The thing for me is when playing these kinda coop games is to have some feeling of progress.
While at the point I really don't, I tried a handful and only got the same objectives: destroy 2 cars in the AO.
Keeping us on the map and for coop (only) to being able to open your invertory would really add a lot.
Since you don't come out a mission with the same items you went in, atleast the looting is worth it and add's gameplay to it.
(like instead when a mission is complete throw a box down, ammo nades smoke etc etc
could even let a plane fly over and drop the player owned car at their feet)

Bug?!? After deing a few times I was being able to use a riffleman loadout with nades included, didn't like it...
(I still only had acces to lower tier weapons and out of the sudden this 7.62 pops up + 2 nades)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game needs alot more maps, it gets too repetitive now especially because of people prefer 1-2 maps, mostly airfield in Link gamemode. I would imagine this is relatively easy to do as there is so many huge maps made for arma3 already, from which you could take multiple parts and turn them into decent maps with very small modifications. 

May be too much to ask, but it would also be very very nice if you didnt get stuck to every single small rock and branch in maps like Saint Marie for example. Dying just because the environment is made out of gorilla glue can be extremely frustrating and i would imagine it repels new players back to their call of duty..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎13‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 2:09 AM, Yoshi_E said:

 

You can cycle the grenades with a key bind (not sure which one though),

but sure why not.

Control + G to switch nades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×