mech

Looking for Opfor Mod

Hey guys,

went through some forums already. I'm working on an ALiVE / ASR / RHS realism project and right now I'm using Project Opfor. But PO is not really supported by ASR and doesn't have enough different cloth for the middle eastern militia / Taliban. Any ideas for a better Opfor with support for ALiVE and ASR? 

I know about CAF Agressors and used them years ago but as they don't seem to be updated anymore, I'm looking for something with regular updates and bugfixes. 

Thx in advance!

Thank you for your answer. It was discussed but the results don't work for me like the suggested pesh. 

As my request touches several mods, I'm asking here.

Hey guys,

went through some forums already. I'm working on an ALiVE / ASR / RHS realism project and right now I'm using Project Opfor. But PO is not really supported by ASR and doesn't have enough different cloth for the middle eastern militia / Taliban. Any ideas for a better Opfor with support for ALiVE and ASR?

I know about CAF Agressors and used them years ago but as they don't seem to be updated anymore, I'm looking for something with regular updates and bugfixes.

Thx in advance!

Project OPFOR has a tremendous update coming which varies the Middle Eastern faction up A LOT.

Page 9 and 10 of his thread has a test link.

Though I understand the ASR AI dilemma. My custom Taliban faction posted over in the ALiVE forums uses Project OPFOR and Eric J Taliban as a base so I've just started to use vanilla AI instead with custom accuracy and skill settings (which is fine. Vanilla AI is much better than it used to be). I haven't tried the RHS compatibility PBO's for ASR AI myself but hear they may not be working properly. Though if you at least want the varied clothing thingy and aren't happy with Project OPFOR's new units, here's a screen of the faction I created with the new ALiVE faction making tool: http://m.imgur.com/jEEduAU

Otherwise man, there's really no good viable Taliban unit available IMO. CAF is broken too much for me and Massi hasn't updated his mods in forever. This is why I just made my own.

AuTigerGrad did make an non-RHS Taliban I haven't tried yet that you certainly could check out. All custom made ALiVE friendly ORBAT factions are included here, including mine under "central repository": http://alivemod.com/forum/2406-orbat-creator-general-faq

• Like 2

Sorry if this is off-topic, but does ASR_AI have any effect on custom, non-configured factions, or is it purely redundant? I've made about 2-3 custom factions internally for my unit with ORBAT, and a few I plan to release publicly (see sig) , so if ASR has no effect on them is there some way for me to add support for it, or should I just use vanilla AI, Bcombat, or some other AI mod?

Probably best to just ask Robalo. I used it for ages but it wasn't until switching to vanilla that I started to see AI using smoke and stuff again. They certainly were not when combining my Project OPFOR/Eric J hybrid ORBAT creation and using ASR AI (though admittedly, without the RHS compat PBO's).

Closing - this should have been posted in the addon request thread!